Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8167654 - 04/11/15 12:24 AM Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut
Post Master Sr

Loc: The other, less populated hell
Been calorie counting and trying to consume a lot more protein, also hitting the gym 3 days a week. Noticing that I'm dropping weight but I'd like to get the guns bigger and lose my stomach fat. Easy ways to do it? Crunches and a lot of crushing it on arm days?

I don't really have any structure at the gym, mostly the same old lifts on arms and chest on free weights until fatigue. Had hernia surgery mid January but I still feel tenderness when doing leg presses and such so I miss a lot of leg days. Thanks for any help

#8167671 - 04/11/15 02:09 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: AVATAR]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Crunches will make it worse. Abs are made in the kitchen, so keep dropping the calories as the weight comes off.

Get on Starting Strength program. Your arms will grow with everything else.

#8167758 - 04/11/15 08:48 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: Silock]
Post Master Sr

Will do, I'm 6'1 and 180 and starting to feel skinny everywhere but my gut and chest really. You think I'll need to keep cutting cals to drop weight still?

#8167770 - 04/11/15 09:15 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: AVATAR]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
Yes... Or add more cardio... You can't get lean without a caloric deficit...

And unless you've never lifted in your life or just started back up after a long hiatus you aren't going to be adding any muscle mass while in a deficit...

#8167771 - 04/11/15 09:16 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: AVATAR]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Pull ups, Seated military press, incline bench

For arms do higher weight less reps seated incline curls and do dumbell single hand extensions/skullcrushers lying down.

#8168422 - 04/12/15 09:19 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: ]
Post Master Sr

Yeah I guess I worded it wrong, I know this shit isn't gonna be easy. I assumed lifting areas I wanted bigger would make said areas bigger, I tried starting the novice starting strength last night (though it was with dumb bells because the gym I use). I need to research proper dead lift and squats techniques cuz I don't ever do em and I don't wanna fuck anything up. I stopped cardio but I'll re introduce some also.

#8168424 - 04/12/15 09:23 AM Re: Need to get bigger arms and lose my gut [Re: AVATAR]
Post Master Sr

Also, thoughts on creatine? Don't fuck with it yet? At all? I'm very active for work so sometimes I don't have any energy at night for the gym and try to power through it but I'm sure I don't go as hard as I could. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads