Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8151512 - 03/30/15 02:24 PM Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Need to get video of my storm drain on my driveway back to the street (50' run) and get a video of it for the city. Getting quoted $250ish for that...
#8151539 - 03/30/15 02:41 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
zc911's bro is a plumber.

#8151551 - 03/30/15 02:46 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: c2k]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
that he is, i sent him a txt. He is in school right now and not acutally working, he is going to see if he can "snake" a camera somewhere haha

#8151568 - 03/30/15 02:56 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: zc911]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
cant you rent those tools at home depot and DIY?

#8151690 - 03/30/15 03:55 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
a regular snake you can rent but not sure if they have the camera one

the other ones you can try is the polish guy on holmes on homes show, I forgot his company but his name is Martin...he's always using those camera snakes.

Edited by loudsubz (03/30/15 03:55 PM)

#8151698 - 03/30/15 04:00 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
http://www6.homedepot.com/tool-truck-rental/Drain_Camera/CGPF_ECAM-ACE/index.html

#8151713 - 03/30/15 04:19 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Hire a plumber?

Rent a snake/camera?

WTF is this shit.

Throw on your coveralls and Crocs and crawl in there with your Blackberry already.

#8151715 - 03/30/15 04:20 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: iamfob]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

thats also homedepot.com
#8151729 - 03/30/15 04:33 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: eddie _82
Hire a plumber?

Rent a snake/camera?

WTF is this shit.

Throw on your coveralls and Crocs and crawl in there with your Blackberry already.

buy real snake, strap gopro to its head, and shove in storm drain.

#8151741 - 03/30/15 04:40 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
Hire a plumber?

Rent a snake/camera?

WTF is this shit.

buy real snake, strap gopro to its head, and shove in storm drain.

make sure you get this done at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HFJ2fR-hBE

#8151966 - 03/30/15 06:33 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Hire a plumber?

Rent a snake/camera?

WTF is this shit.

Kinda nailed it.

I felt so helpless today. Reverse sloped driveway (you've been here you know the deal) is a huge cluster fuck. I just spent 5k on ikea cabinets on the weekend which are stored in the garage (on the floor) and the water almost started seeping into the garage. Called a bunch of plumbers from home stars, 300 for a service call like this. Managed to unfreeze the drain with wife, she kept boiling water in kitchen while I was smashing up ice that's some immigrant living. found a snake rental place thanks to loudsubz for $110/24 hr now that I am thinking logically and not scrambling. If clay pipe back to street isn't damaged I am going to have it sleeved and I am ripping out entire driveway and going heated with a pump built into this drain. Tired of losing Sleep every big rainfall and thaw season fuck

#8151974 - 03/30/15 06:38 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Dude that would have sucked so much dick if the new cabinets got damaged. GL

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8152039 - 03/30/15 07:36 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Middle of garage door, that's how far into the garage the water came at one point:

When i came home today (after coming home at lunch to pump out the water).

The drain.

Unfrozen/fixed (for now)

#8152063 - 03/30/15 07:54 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
God damn that sucks.

#8152079 - 03/30/15 08:10 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: LNXGUY]
87ZCSi Online   content
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
That sounds like a pain in the ass, but solvable. /whatIwouldn'tdoforahouse
#8152088 - 03/30/15 08:13 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
If clay pipe back to street isn't damaged I am going to have it sleeved and I am ripping out entire driveway and going heated with a pump built into this drain. Tired of losing Sleep every big rainfall and thaw season fuck

You're too cheap to go with a setup like that. Be honest, you'd rather lose the sleep and manually pump it out when need be. Alternatively, why not push a heat trace cable into the drain and plug it in to prevent from freezing?

#8152199 - 03/30/15 09:02 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: robbbby]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
when they put up that canada post box on your lawn. Just use all the flyers (that would normally be scattered all over your property) to keep a small fire going down in the drain. win win

#8152288 - 03/30/15 10:33 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Euphoricuck]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

How's the quality of the IKEA cabinets?
#8152322 - 03/30/15 11:19 PM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: xza8]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
That is pain in the ass.

But dat older Markham neighbourhood and mature trees doe

#8152345 - 03/31/15 12:21 AM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: xza8]
87ZCSi Online   content
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
 Originally Posted By: xza8

I did a full kitchen in them, I really liked how they mounted and the versatility. Mine were from back when they used real wood veneer on the doors, though. Basically they were builder grade but I had the freedom to do what I wanted with added features.

#8152424 - 03/31/15 07:23 AM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: xza8]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's very good, it's my second ikea kitchen and this one is even better than the first.

I bought the highest end model, which still comes in at 1/2 to 1/3 of what custom cabinets cost. Having been through a ton of houses with various quality kitchens, bang for the buck Ikea trumps everything else.

My only complaint is that ikea's customer service is pretty sh!t. For example, getting this order put together wasted my entire day because of poor communication at their warehouse and I am still owed a whole bunch of things, so expect to waste a full's day worth of hours on actually getting your cabinets and multiple trips to the store.

The other thing worth mentioning, IKEA kitchens should only go into homes worth up to xxx,xxx imo. Once you crest over a certain price point in a home Ikea doesn't cut it, not because of quality, but because buyers expect *custom* finishes and better use of space, something you can't do with ikea like custom can for example.

A lot of people buy the ikea cabinets only and get the doors made custom at a kitchen place, still cheaper than going custom, yet you still get the custom look. I might do that later on.

#8152578 - 03/31/15 09:23 AM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

It's very good, it's my second ikea kitchen and this one is even better than the first.

I bought the highest end model, which still comes in at 1/2 to 1/3 of what custom cabinets cost. Having been through a ton of houses with various quality kitchens, bang for the buck Ikea trumps everything else.

My only complaint is that ikea's customer service is pretty sh!t. For example, getting this order put together wasted my entire day because of poor communication at their warehouse and I am still owed a whole bunch of things, so expect to waste a full's day worth of hours on actually getting your cabinets and multiple trips to the store.

The other thing worth mentioning, IKEA kitchens should only go into homes worth up to xxx,xxx imo. Once you crest over a certain price point in a home Ikea doesn't cut it, not because of quality, but because buyers expect *custom* finishes and better use of space, something you can't do with ikea like custom can for example.

A lot of people buy the ikea cabinets only and get the doors made custom at a kitchen place, still cheaper than going custom, yet you still get the custom look. I might do that later on.

so which floor layout have you decided to go with?

#8153988 - 04/01/15 06:59 AM Re: Anyone know a good plumber v. snake w/ camera [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

so which floor layout have you decided to go with?

We are going with this floor layout, except the entry way at the bottom of the pic will be shifted a foot to the left to accomodate for 24" wide cabinets on both sides of the stove while still allowing for that table/penninsula thing.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads