Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8119915 - 03/06/15 12:24 PM what injury is this? [runners]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
after I push pace or distance last couple months my left ankle feels sore the following day [and sometimes even later the same day]

I cant really extend my foot/ankle as 'pushing off' with my left foot hurts so I tend to walk gimped with the ankle kinda locked so it doesnt hurt. Usually recovers 100% after I take a day off. Doesnt always come back when I run again but I usually feel it once a week minimum.

Also tends to be associated with being around a day I went swimming [which stretches the foot in the other direction--such as during a kick set]

I have no idea whats going on it doesnt really bother me greatly [honestly I'm still at the point where I seem to have all kinds of aches/pains/something always doesnt feel right after say a long run but I normally recover]

but this one keeps coming back. What is it?

#8119926 - 03/06/15 12:28 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Vaginitis.

#8119938 - 03/06/15 12:31 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

knew it

like imagine walking around with the foot/ankle locked at a 90* angle and walking around like that because it kinda hurts

its not the foot that hurts I think its the achilles area/back there, so locking my ankle stops that from hurting

#8120178 - 03/06/15 01:47 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: ]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Seriously though...probably just some tendinitis. If it were me Id do some post-run area specific stretching/rolling/massage. My theory is that if I can still run without the pain altering my form, then it's not bad enough to worry me and know it will go away.

#8120403 - 03/06/15 03:52 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Sir Ironpool]
WNDYCTYone Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CHICAGO
 Originally Posted By: Mrs. Ironmom
Seriously though...probably just some tendinitis of the vagina.

PS4 - ChicagoGOBLUE

#8120426 - 03/06/15 04:00 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: WNDYCTYone]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Irritated labia.

But being that it goes away after one day, I'd just take that one day off and keep going while trying to stretch/roll as best you can.

#8120435 - 03/06/15 04:03 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Impulsive]
WNDYCTYone Offline
Post Master Supreme

Watch Lifetime and eat ice cream from the container. It'll go away after a couple days.

PS4 - ChicagoGOBLUE

#8120469 - 03/06/15 04:18 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: WNDYCTYone]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

taking a solid day off after a run has been my go-to strategy for some time now \:D

http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/achilles-tendinitis

I'm thinking it might be this...

I guess I'll try to confirm the next time it happens... which should be saturday \:D

supposedly the achilles itself is sore

Quote:

dentifying symptoms of Achilles tendinitis
Achilles tendinitis is characterized by dull or sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon, but usually close to the heel. Other signs you might have Achilles tendinitis include limited ankle flexibility, redness or heat over the painful area, a nodule (a lumpy buildup of scar tissue) that can be felt on the tendon, or a cracking sound (scar tissue rubbing against the tendon) when the ankle moves.

which is weird because usually mine takes hours if not 12+ hrs to show up post run

#8120493 - 03/06/15 04:40 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
WNDYCTYone Offline
Post Master Supreme

Only time I experienced achilles soreness was when I first switched to Nike Frees. But they were sore, didn't feel 'injured', if that makes sense. It went away after I got used to the shoes, however.

PS4 - ChicagoGOBLUE

#8120519 - 03/06/15 04:55 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
I'm experiencing the same thing and I'm pretty sure it's because it's time for new shoes.

still have an EM1--go figure

#8120581 - 03/06/15 05:42 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: gamby]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
I always have something that hurts, as long as it goes away after a couple miles of running then its not serious.

Paki: 3:36

#8120751 - 03/06/15 08:49 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
Rumbelstiltskin Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So Cal
I had some pain in my Achilles from experimenting with my foot strikes and push. I was midfoot striking as evenly as I can and also pushing off with my entire foot planted, even my heels, then picking my foot up evenly with my heels still on the ground. It felt good and efficient. I could keep a nice pace and felt less tired. But after a half week of running this way my ankle swelled up and would click when I had too much of an angle on my foot/leg. So I had to walk with a limp and try to keep my foot/leg at a 90 degree angle.

I couldn't run for maybe 3 weeks. Went back to normal running pushing off the balls of my feet and never experience that pain again.

#8121037 - 03/07/15 08:49 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: ]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Adam7
 Originally Posted By: ampsman
I always have something that hurts, as long as it goes away after a couple miles of running then its not serious.

Doesn't that seem like a problem? Always hurting?

Nope. It's just a part of getting better/faster/older.

#8121145 - 03/07/15 11:42 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've been operating under that assumption... No idea if it's right tho.

Eg pain from swimming tends to be serious esp if shoulder related

#8121192 - 03/07/15 12:49 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Sir Ironpool]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yep. You simply grow to accept it. Just about anything active I do leaves me achey to some degree--wut dat 42 y/o body do. The only time it's a real bummer is when I haven't run in over a month and I go back to it. Those are some ACHES.

#8123312 - 03/09/15 03:40 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: gamby]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: gamby

Yep. You simply grow to accept it. Just about anything active I do leaves me achey to some degree--wut dat 42 y/o body do. The only time it's a real bummer is when I haven't run in over a month and I go back to it. Those are some ACHES.

What if it's the day after a run your foot feels like someone stabbed it.

Don't get me wrong, OP is a vag, but from what I've read (at least about my own ailment) ignoring it and pushing on only makes it worse (because it's degenerative).

#8123354 - 03/09/15 04:20 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

yea I imagine the "key ability" is to recognize "normal soreness/pain" from "damaging" pain

I'm really just guessing but havent had any REAL major complaints that have actually made me completely stop running like I did right around 12 months ago [shockingly bad knee problem, that went away when I took like 3-4 weeks completely off from running]

#8123918 - 03/10/15 12:13 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm thinking mine's definitely the shoes. The day after a run, my heels (morese the right heel) and the right side under the ankle feel like they were hit with a hammer all over.

#8123925 - 03/10/15 12:25 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: gamby]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Lol (I know it's not funny) why the fuck are we are all running? Honestly it's more just because I still can (sorta) and am not getting any younger, running fully sucks

#8124333 - 03/10/15 11:28 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zakcits
Lol (I know it's not funny) why the fuck are we are all running? Honestly it's more just because I still can (sorta) and am not getting any younger, running fully sucks

Good question.

I do it because I can bang out a solid workout in a short amount of time. The pain thing is just a nice side effect.

#8124453 - 03/10/15 12:16 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: stickaz_old]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
 Originally Posted By: zakcits

I think it's harder because it's truly a better/harder workout. I also do it because it's cheap. A ton of people at my work spend tons of money on regular classes to have someone tell them what to do with pretty weak results.

#8124636 - 03/10/15 01:13 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Impulsive]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
I do it more for goal setting than anything else. I think as we get past our 20s it becomes less about physical ability and more about mental resiliency. Probably why distance running appeals mostly to the older crowd.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#8125491 - 03/10/15 11:13 PM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Design]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Design
I do it more for goal setting than anything else. I think as we get past our 20s it becomes less about physical ability and more about mental resiliency. Probably why distance running appeals mostly to the older crowd.

A guy I ride/race with said to me that he runs because it helps him tolerate pain more.

#8125735 - 03/11/15 09:25 AM Re: what injury is this? [runners] [Re: Design]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Design

I'd say you also tend to back-into distance as you get older. Your speed is done/gone, adios amigo. All that's left is bitter stubbornness

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads