Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8113253 - 03/02/15 12:02 PM There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I knew this day was coming, I thought I had a good case, but looks like I can't do anything \:\(

Canada post is installing those community mailboxes and is going very close to my house. In the attached pic my finger points at my house and this thing will be on the boulevard just off to the side in front of my neighbour's side yard.

While these boxes are a good idea for Canada Post I am concerned about garbage and people trampling over the grass picking up their mail (boxes face towards sidewalk, I am assuming most ppl will pull with their cars on their way home to grab their mail). The street is small, 31 houses so that's a positive, but it ends there.

On the contrary, there are no lights in this area, both are close to 40 feet away and there are big trees, which makes it pitch dark back there. Canada post says lighting isn't their concern as you can go during the day to pick up your mail. Fair enough.

The sidewalk isn't perfectly level in that area and water tends to pool there during rain, so that's a safety concern. Canada post says if it's a safety concern they will have the city fix it...lol yea ok.

How has your experience been with these things being close to your house? You out there picking up other people's garbage daily or what?

#8113264 - 03/02/15 12:08 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Not even remotely close to my house, but yeah it was a fucking dump couple years back till they put in a recycling box so that people can dump the junk flyers and motherfucking real estate agent business cards/inserts/calendars/magnets lol.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8113265 - 03/02/15 12:08 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Risky Business]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Been pretty good in my hood. You'll see most people take out their flyers and usually jam them inbetween the boxes, or put them on top.

I've seen some people take initiative and put a garbage bin next to the box.

Dunno who empties that doe...

#8113267 - 03/02/15 12:10 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: spd-dmn]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
People take their flyers home here #notscumpeople

#8113269 - 03/02/15 12:10 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Truth be told, some people are slobs and ignorant. I've seen some community boxes with all kinds of shit just tossed around. It depends on how civilized the users are. In my specific case, there usually isn't anything on the ground. A few times they have placed a specific blue bin for mail and paper (not the kind you have at home) beside it so that people can toss their junk mail. There were often times that people would throw their garbage (pop cans etc) in there. As annoying as it was to see people do that, the most annoying part was having the blue bin go missing. Like WTF? They've put one there on a number of occasions and at some point it always goes missing. Personally I found it very useful as I don't have to bring all the junk mail home. Probably some chinAr taking it for their home use (*gasp* racist!) I wonder if there will be an increase of junk mail with the new community box.
#8113272 - 03/02/15 12:12 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric

same.

well, except for many mainlanders who've been slowly taking over the east side of RHill....i have noticed a bit more crap around the ground of these boxes since then.

one mailbox very near to someones driveway - they put a plastic laundry basket next to it, on the ground. ironically it's actually worked our quite well as when i walk the dog, it's usually half full. no idea who empties it though

Edited by Screamin DC2R (03/02/15 12:15 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8113275 - 03/02/15 12:14 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Euphoricuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada

Same with my parents' old neighbourhood.

Or they just stick them back in the outgoing mail slot ;\)

#8113279 - 03/02/15 12:16 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

OP will have people shitting on his front lawn in no time. #datmarkhamlife #lavish

#8113281 - 03/02/15 12:17 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
 Originally Posted By: eddie _82

Same with my parents neighborhood.

area was always clean.

#8113313 - 03/02/15 01:06 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: f22b-dohc]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I've got one right besides my house on the sidewalk, I don't notice it or trash or anything else about it really.

#8113316 - 03/02/15 01:08 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

OP right about now

#8113318 - 03/02/15 01:08 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: f22b-dohc]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
The recycling box is taken care of by the city here. Before they put it there the owner put his own can there lol. Fuck living next to a community box!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8113334 - 03/02/15 01:16 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Euphoricuck]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

OP right about now

Pretty much, I am done, after 2 calls to Canada post and 1 to the city I can't deal with this. The Canada Post guy is a piece of work, would love to see him in real life and teach him boutdatlife. Typical government worker mentality, "No can do, No, No, No, and more No". I don't even think they listen to anything you say, they just say "No". He was a step above those assholes working at the Ticket places 123 Edward and such (been a while doe, so not sure).

On the positive side, at least it's close to my house The guy whose property is going on is an old retired guy and he has landscapers that take care of his property, between that and decent neighbours hopefully it doesn't turn into scaroborough.

#8113342 - 03/02/15 01:21 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Euphoricuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
OP will have people shitting on his front lawn in no time. #datmarkhamlife #lavish

There goes the neighbourhood!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/485541/temple-plans-non-chinese-loos

#8113367 - 03/02/15 01:37 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
There is one across my place. There is a little more litter but nothing crazy.
#8113468 - 03/02/15 02:29 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: A2B-Lexus]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
dude i have one on my property. well atleast what i consider my property.

for the most part people are good. what's going to piss you off is the fucking habib's who come and stick flyers and business cards in the slots of the mailboxes (not in), then the wind catches it and it ends up on your lawn. ontop of that you get those friggin plastic roofing signs and shit that they stick into the ground.

at my buddies house, he has one on his lawn similar to mine. people fully throw their junk mail all over his lawn, leave bags of dog shit when they walk their dog to get their mail.

my aunt has one too, she got the city to put up a garbage bin but then people would use it to once again throw away dog shit, and garbage from their house in there like an over flow or some shit. in summertime that thing was overflowing with a bees nest living somewhere in it. that's the reason why i didn't ask for a bin to be placed there.

also, people are pricks. everyone goes to the mailbox but during the winter storm think anyone brought a shovel? nope.

Edited by titty sprinkles (03/02/15 02:30 PM)

#8113523 - 03/02/15 03:06 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge

It's perfectly fine where it is.
I like it close like this, so I don't have to walk too far.
Every house I've lived in, the mail boxes have been around that distance. Within 100m.
People in the GTA had these for 20-30 years.
I don't know why it is so difficult for some people in Toronto to adapt it.

There will be junk mails dropped around the box.
But that's your neighbours who do it, not the issue of the mail box.

#8113533 - 03/02/15 03:11 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: titty sprinkles]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
people are pricks

#8113536 - 03/02/15 03:15 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: porschetr

It's perfectly fine where it is.
I like it close like this, so I don't have to walk too far.
Every house I've lived in, the mail boxes have been around that distance. Within 100m.
People in the GTA had these for 20-30 years.
I don't know why it is so difficult for some people in Toronto to adapt it.

There will be junk mails dropped around the box.
But that's your neighbours who do it, not the issue of the mail box.

you like it there because you can creep and fap to the hot neighbours who go get the mail

jk

#8113537 - 03/02/15 03:17 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I have one similarly placed like you. It's off to the right when facing way from my house, on the neighbours side yard. People just bring the junkmail home or place it back into the slot.

The worst days for garbage is when it's recycling and it's windy out. But no problem with the community mailbox.

Edited by Wildout (03/02/15 03:20 PM)

#8113545 - 03/02/15 03:22 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Risky Business]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
They are putting one in my neighbourhood, they still haven't said where but they said it is in the works. I'm pissed off because i'm fucking lazy and want the mail brought to my door. I'm not worried about garbage or anything because my neighbourhood is civilized white people, not scumbag foreigners who don't give a fuck about anything.
#8113603 - 03/02/15 04:02 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: robbbby]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Vas will be ok because he lives in a good neighbourhood.

#8113621 - 03/02/15 04:16 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: SW20_MR2]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
the community mailbox is also where you can drop off stuff to post as well right...

put a note on the mailbox to get your neighbours to dump all the unwanted spam back into the mailbox lol

OP, i think you worry a bit too much about the impact of this. if your neighbours are anything like my friends, they'll get their mail once every couple weeks lol

#8113724 - 03/02/15 05:19 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
we still get door to door
#8114092 - 03/02/15 10:36 PM Re: There goes the neighbourhood v. canada post [Re: Euphoricuck]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada

^ this.

Though my uncle and aunt's place is a few streets away from our place (5 min. drive) - their mailbox has flyers littered around.

Mainlanders everywhere; so it's not just them. Really depends on the people in the immediate area whether they have pride in ownership.

Ours is about 6-7 houses down; we prefer to walk and get the mail when it's warm. During months like this we just pick it up on our way home from work. Clean it out once a week, no big deal.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads