Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8067087 - 01/29/15 10:58 AM Anybody participating in Winterlicious?
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I've never done it and might try this time.
What is good?
I am thinking Canoe.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=4ac8df3d56182410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

#8067126 - 01/29/15 11:09 AM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
"Finally got my reservation, after hammering the site all night. Man, the waiter was so rude! I asked for a refill on my water and he just gave me this look! I paid good money for this! Why can't they handle the 1,500 people lined up for their 7pm reservations! Sheesh! I'm never coming here again!" </RFDer>

Edited by furball (01/29/15 11:09 AM)

#8067176 - 01/29/15 11:24 AM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Mehhhhh.
Would rather pay full price on the standard menu.
Before you say out of touch baller, winterlicious food is not necessarily prepared to the same standard, and is made in much higher bulk quantities than the kitchen would ever normally prepare. So going to a nice place and ordering off the winterlicious menu would not be representative of what the restaurant quality is really like.

I've done it a number of times and each time I've come away disappointed.
The only place that comes to mind that did it proper was Autogrille. Sadly, that establishment is gone T_T

For the money, I'd rather get Omikase @ Zen XD

XD XD XD XD

#8067230 - 01/29/15 11:44 AM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: 4age]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
They do alot of shanks and cheaper cuts ... It does provide a cheaper entry point into feeling out the atmosphere, establishment, etc.

I've had decent rendezvous's during Winter/Summerlicious, it's an excuse to head out somewhere with friends/chicks, and you can usually cap the price point I usually stay away from the baller places just because of the intense lineups, and how they really cheap out on the menu.

#8067315 - 01/29/15 12:17 PM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: furball]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
lol if you want to do Canoe, you're already way too late. their reservation line is usually flooded the first day reservation is opened.

i've done it many times. it's alright. nothing really special. the food is slightly different from their usual offerings. it's a good way to check out a nice space.

and you never just pay what the package price is, after a couple drinks and shit, you're spending close to $60-75 per person, and you should be able to get a decent meal anywhere.

#8067417 - 01/29/15 01:06 PM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I made a reservation at a different place.
Will see how it is.

#8067448 - 01/29/15 01:21 PM Re: Anybody participating in Winterlicious? [Re: porschetr]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
used to, don't bother anymore.

and 4age is pretty much right too.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads