Topic Options
#8055440 - 01/21/15 03:09 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: titty sprinkles]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
 Originally Posted By: c_snapper
i read somewhere that Loblaws will also have a drive through style order ahead and pick up...tho it won't matter to you guys since y'all hate loblaws.

loblaws is great, it's just friggin expensive.

yeah the one on high tech rd. in r/hill has it...we got there sometimes (not using that tho). it's like 4 parking spaces with this rig setup, you pull in, press the button, give them your pickup# (which u got online earlier when you did your shopping), and bam...staff roll custom carts out with your goods, load them into your car.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8055449 - 01/21/15 03:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i read somewhere that Loblaws will also have a drive through style order ahead and pick up...tho it won't matter to you guys since y'all hate loblaws.

loblaws is great, it's just friggin expensive.

yeah the one on high tech rd. in r/hill has it...we got there sometimes (not using that tho). it's like 4 parking spaces with this rig setup, you pull in, press the button, give them your pickup# (which u got online earlier when you did your shopping), and bam...staff roll custom carts out with your goods, load them into your car.

i'm okay with paying extra for that!

#8055464 - 01/21/15 03:20 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
because you are so pressed for time?

#8055481 - 01/21/15 03:24 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
You moved?

when i lived in Liberty Village

#8055504 - 01/21/15 03:30 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric

not really. but why deal with grocery stores when i can be masturbating or doing ANYTHING BUT

#8055510 - 01/21/15 03:31 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
You moved?

when i lived in Liberty Village

Nope.

Fort York in 06
LV in 07
King West since 08

i'm not ghetto enough to live in LV now.

#8055562 - 01/21/15 03:45 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
when the kid was born i did grocery gateway a few times. was nice to get groceries at your door.

#8055618 - 01/21/15 04:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric

not really. but why deal with grocery stores when i can be masturbating or doing ANYTHING BUT
but you can masturbate in the grocery store

#8073475 - 02/02/15 01:51 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2015/02/leaked_info_says_target_will_start_liquidation_thursday/
#8073535 - 02/02/15 02:23 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Anything good will be set aside or already purchased by the former employees fo sho

#8073698 - 02/02/15 04:10 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
I don't think there are any good merchandises left in store. I was at the Target near my house yesterday, half the store is empty. The empty shelves were moved to the back of the wall of each department. It's pretty sad scene.

#8074764 - 02/03/15 09:56 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: iamfob]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Barrie store is still loaded from what I saw the other day.

#8074849 - 02/03/15 10:22 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

yeah stock is limited for most good stuff or well, things wifey and i wanted, also for the baby. we were at Hillcrest one last wkend sunday and picked up a couple things left over. i can see it being barebones by thursday night/fri night for sure.

#8078429 - 02/05/15 08:07 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

55" 4k TV @ $450 \:o

#8078432 - 02/05/15 08:08 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

<waits for CSI:ON to come back with two Sonicare toothbrushes>
#8078436 - 02/05/15 08:14 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

lol, line ups already

#8078446 - 02/05/15 08:25 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

55" 4k TV @ $450 \:o

that tv is a pos and was that price around xmas holidays

#8078500 - 02/05/15 08:55 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
The stores should all be getting packed now as they just said full speed ahead pack it up.

The more they sell now they make more money as for liquidation they will continue to drop prices more over time to ensure they are clean by D day

#8078638 - 02/05/15 09:58 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Lost^
Unregistered

are video games on sale?
#8078661 - 02/05/15 10:10 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: ]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I can only imagine the threads/posts on RFD
#8078673 - 02/05/15 10:13 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I can only imagine the threads/posts on RFD

Holy 161 pages! \:o

Quote:
So, I'm one of the losers who got up early to go check it out. I had nothing specific in mind to buy, but thought if I saw a good deal, I'd take advantage.
(I went to the Stockyards location in Toronto)

What a bust! Such a disappointment...don't waste your time. Almost as disappointing as the first time I went into a Target Canada store a couple years ago.

I didn't see a single item of interest that was labelled as 30% off...mostly 10 and 20%... Shelves clearly picked over. Line up at the cash register was annoying because their computer system is so slow that scanning each item took about 30 seconds...so do the math.

The only good thing that happened was a couple items didn't scan, so the "manager" was called over and he asked me if I knew the price, and I couldn't remember...so he guessed at $9.99...when I told him I'm pretty sure it was closer to $20....he didn't care he was too busy. The cashier joked with me afterwards, she didn't care either because she's out of a job anyways!

So, if you go, and the item you want doesn't happen to have a bar code when you get to the cash, you might just get an extra deal. If that doesn't happen, you may have just wasted some of your precious time.

#8078695 - 02/05/15 10:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: porschetr]
Post Master Supreme

somehow i don't want to jump into this hype to save a couple bucks because Target fucked Canada so hard

17000 jobs disappeared
Billions of dollars owed to the Gov't

so i can save $20 on a toaster

#8078714 - 02/05/15 10:30 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I am certain that net/net Target's move into Canada was cash positive for the population and government by a LONG shot. The only real loser here is Target themselves, we as a society benefited from their own short sightedness and they financed it.

Just because stores are closing now you can't ignore the cash/tax generated for property management companies for store and office locations, property taxes, income taxes, and HST paid, construction companies for leasehold improvements and on going maintenance, 17k employees who were paid for 2+ years and generated payroll tax revenue, distribution companies for turning over stock and warehousing product and their respective employees, hydro/utilities utilized by Target, and on and on and on.

#8078948 - 02/05/15 12:02 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

But... think of all those people who picked up those Sonicares at a steal! Fuuuuuck... their teeth would feel so clean.

#8078956 - 02/05/15 12:06 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Went to the hillcrest mall location at lunch with no intention of buying anything...

What has been seen cannot be unseen People become total scum over 70 cents. If i had an AK47 I would consider emptying it out on everyone in there...yea i said it.

If anyone is into shoplifting, this is your time to go.

#8078957 - 02/05/15 12:07 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: porschetr]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Holy 161 pages! \:o

Quote:
So, I'm one of the losers who got up early to go check it out. I had nothing specific in mind to buy, but thought if I saw a good deal, I'd take advantage.
(I went to the Stockyards location in Toronto)

What a bust! Such a disappointment...don't waste your time. Almost as disappointing as the first time I went into a Target Canada store a couple years ago.

I didn't see a single item of interest that was labelled as 30% off...mostly 10 and 20%... Shelves clearly picked over. Line up at the cash register was annoying because their computer system is so slow that scanning each item took about 30 seconds...so do the math.

The only good thing that happened was a couple items didn't scan, so the "manager" was called over and he asked me if I knew the price, and I couldn't remember...so he guessed at $9.99...when I told him I'm pretty sure it was closer to $20....he didn't care he was too busy. The cashier joked with me afterwards, she didn't care either because she's out of a job anyways!

So, if you go, and the item you want doesn't happen to have a bar code when you get to the cash, you might just get an extra deal. If that doesn't happen, you may have just wasted some of your precious time.

wifey's friend told her same thing. EXACTLY as I/we thought it'd play out fucking wallys. why bother.

#8079092 - 02/05/15 01:00 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
somehow i don't want to jump into this hype to save a couple bucks because Target fucked Canada so hard

17000 jobs disappeared
Billions of dollars owed to the Gov't

so i can save $20 on a toaster

This guy gets it!

Originally Posted By: Rinky Business
I am certain that net/net Target's move into Canada was cash positive for the population and government by a LONG shot. The only real loser here is Target themselves, we as a society benefited from their own short sightedness and they financed it.

Just because stores are closing now you can't ignore the cash/tax generated for property management companies for store and office locations, property taxes, income taxes, and HST paid, construction companies for leasehold improvements and on going maintenance, 17k employees who were paid for 2+ years and generated payroll tax revenue, distribution companies for turning over stock and warehousing product and their respective employees, hydro/utilities utilized by Target, and on and on and on.

Very analysis. Such TLDR. Amaze

#8079116 - 02/05/15 01:14 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8079127 - 02/05/15 01:22 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
Post Master Supreme

true, but it seems like what Target giveth, Target taketh away!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1790027/target-canada-owes-tens-of-millions-in-unpaid-taxes-rent/

Chapman’s Ice Cream is owed $19,987. Coca-Cola Canada is hoping to recoup at least a portion of the $339,699 owed to it by Target Canada, which filed for bankruptcy protection last week.

The City of Winnipeg is owed more than $14,000, while Target’s Canadian arm is in arrears with the central Ontario city of Barrie to the tune of nearly $195,000.

A 45-page document included in the U.S. retail giant’s Canadian filing last week reveals a very—very—long list of companies, suppliers, landlords even municipalities and governments that the departing department store chain owes billions to.

All told, Target Canada owed roughly $5 billion to creditors when it filed for bankruptcy under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in an Ontario court last Thursday. That amount makes it likely one of the largest bankruptcies in Canadian history, experts suggest, certainly in the retail industry.

“It’s got to be one of the bigger ones, in terms of the size of the debt,” a lawyer source said, asking not to be named because her firm is part of the proceedings.

Target also owes landlords and governments sizable amounts of money. Hillcrest Mall Management Inc., a property company in Ontario who owns the real estate housing at least one Target store, is owed $1.7 million.

The Canada Revenue Agency and provincial governments are similarly owed millions in taxes. Target Canada’s unpaid tax bill from the CRA is $12 million. The B.C. and Quebec governments are owed $2.6 million and $6.5 million, respectively.

“You charge your customers HST on behalf of the government, with the idea you’re supposed to remit that over,” Vanessa Ibe, a lawyer at Toronto-based Rosenbaum & Frank, said.

But a bankruptcy filing freezes out all creditors from collecting on what they’re owed until a judge approves a repayment plan.

Liquidation

Target Canada lists the value of its assets as being about the same as its liabilities, with its 137 store leases as well as merchandise inventory and some real estate set to be sold off very soon.

The proceeds from those sales will go to paying off creditors, though it’s far from certain whether the money it gets will be enough to pay 100 cents on the dollar of what it owes.

Lawyers for the Canadian arm of the U.S. department store chain have until mid-February to file details about how the failed chain will pay its creditors.

#8079147 - 02/05/15 01:34 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
5 billions dollars. Damn son.

Again I am not sorry for them not doing the homeworks and research before opening shops in Canada. But I really like shopping in the US Target over US Walmart.

#8079195 - 02/05/15 02:02 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I am certain

Edited by furball (02/05/15 02:02 PM)

#8079270 - 02/05/15 02:37 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

true, but it seems like what Target giveth, Target taketh away!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1790027/target-canada-owes-tens-of-millions-in-unpaid-taxes-rent/

Chapman’s Ice Cream is owed $19,987. Coca-Cola Canada is hoping to recoup at least a portion of the $339,699 owed to it by Target Canada, which filed for bankruptcy protection last week.

The City of Winnipeg is owed more than $14,000, while Target’s Canadian arm is in arrears with the central Ontario city of Barrie to the tune of nearly $195,000.

A 45-page document included in the U.S. retail giant’s Canadian filing last week reveals a very—very—long list of companies, suppliers, landlords even municipalities and governments that the departing department store chain owes billions to.

All told, Target Canada owed roughly $5 billion to creditors when it filed for bankruptcy under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in an Ontario court last Thursday. That amount makes it likely one of the largest bankruptcies in Canadian history, experts suggest, certainly in the retail industry.

“It’s got to be one of the bigger ones, in terms of the size of the debt,” a lawyer source said, asking not to be named because her firm is part of the proceedings.

Target also owes landlords and governments sizable amounts of money. Hillcrest Mall Management Inc., a property company in Ontario who owns the real estate housing at least one Target store, is owed $1.7 million.

The Canada Revenue Agency and provincial governments are similarly owed millions in taxes. Target Canada’s unpaid tax bill from the CRA is $12 million. The B.C. and Quebec governments are owed $2.6 million and $6.5 million, respectively.

“You charge your customers HST on behalf of the government, with the idea you’re supposed to remit that over,” Vanessa Ibe, a lawyer at Toronto-based Rosenbaum & Frank, said.

But a bankruptcy filing freezes out all creditors from collecting on what they’re owed until a judge approves a repayment plan.

Liquidation

Target Canada lists the value of its assets as being about the same as its liabilities, with its 137 store leases as well as merchandise inventory and some real estate set to be sold off very soon.

The proceeds from those sales will go to paying off creditors, though it’s far from certain whether the money it gets will be enough to pay 100 cents on the dollar of what it owes.

Lawyers for the Canadian arm of the U.S. department store chain have until mid-February to file details about how the failed chain will pay its creditors.

This is why I hate the media, they only list enough b.s. to stir emotion, never provide context and let the layman run the rumour mill.

If you look at their list of creditors, do you want to guess who they owe the most amount of money to? Themselves, their intercompany loan to the parent company is over $3B.

CRA is only owed 12M.

I am certain

110%

You looking for a bitch slap? ;\)

#8080415 - 02/06/15 09:20 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
My city is now bankrupt, thanks Obama!

#8080582 - 02/06/15 10:39 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
My city is now bankrupt, thanks Obama!

your city has been morally bankrupt since the day you arrived.

:p

<3

#8081772 - 02/06/15 07:35 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

Loc: Milton, ON
I popped into the Miltonia one mid-day yesterday. Place was a zoo. Big 'Up to 30% off' signs everywhere. I inquired about some kids toys and they're only 10% off. Most stuff was 10% off, no real deals to be had on anything decent. Don't bother going until they get really desperate to liquidate.
Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads