Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7982095 - 11/26/14 08:51 AM Place your bets .. hot & trending gadget this yr? UPDATE!
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
UPDATE: Apple iWatch or MotoX

So, the parent company that I work for is pretty hip, slick, and treats their slaves well with the 'perks' ...

For Christmas, every single employee that worked for 6 mths or so will be eligible for the xmas gift.

Previous years have been:

- iPhone
- iPad
- 50" LG Plasma TV, complete with delivery/installation/setup
- Sony PS4 was last year.... (I got this.) We got delivery in March/April 2014.

What's the hottest gadget this year? I'm guessing some kind of smart watch, but not the Apple iWatch...

But I don't see them branching out to Android wearables either...

There is starting to be an increasing probability we'll just get a fucking lump of coal though ... Internally, we've been spun off to a separate entity from the parent, who pretty much prints money. This could mean we get a lump of coal.

Now, I would imagine the gift, if possible, SHOULD have some kind of 'value' to the company. i.e. train your employee base on a new platform, etc... Get theirs minds accustomed to building for this new audience/platform, etc.... But not always... the PS4 was just plain hype/want.

Some possibilities I came up with:
- Some kind of wearable health device. If cheap, a pair of them.
- GoPro 4
- Drone copter, but low possibility. The liability too great.
- Apple TV is too cheap, so that's out (I have one sitting on my desk, BNIB. Got it for working crazy hours.)

Our party will be @ the Fairmont Royal York this year...

Edited by furball (12/02/14 10:00 AM)

#7982106 - 11/26/14 08:59 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I'll take that Apple TV off your hands.
#7982124 - 11/26/14 09:11 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i'll tell you what's hot & trending this year (same as every year since forever)....cold hard cash ngga!

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7982140 - 11/26/14 09:17 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

You don't get it...

They have a cult following around here. The entire IT Systems Support dept all have expensive Nerf guns, and they shoot around the office.

Agency Wars (a boxing match between marketing agencies) is huge around here.

They had a VIP night @ Ripley's Aquarium some time last year.

They had a Screemers VIP night before Hallowe'en this year...

We have a fully-stocked ice cream fridge, stocked snack cupboard, and free beers once/wk. All that 'agency' bullshit, we got it.

We have a vending machine (just for parent company employees, not us) that dispenses food gift cards if you work after 630. They also have other little things like USB keys. It all gets expensed to the client you're working on.

Shit like that...

Only old dogs like me want cold hard cash. And if you don't fit the mold, GTFO.

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
i'll tell you what's hot & trending this year (same as every year since forever)....cold hard cash ngga!

Edited by furball (11/26/14 09:17 AM)

#7982142 - 11/26/14 09:18 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
You don't get it...

They have a cult following around here. The entire IT Systems Support dept all have expensive Nerf guns, and they shoot around the office.

We have a fully-stocked ice cream fridge, stocked snack cupboard, and free beers once/wk. All that 'agency' bullshit, we got it.

We have a vending machine (just for parent company employees, not us) that dispenses food gift cards if you work after 630. They also have other little things like USB keys. It all gets expensed to the client you're working on.

Shit like that...

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

#7982190 - 11/26/14 09:38 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
No wonder agencies are such a ripoff. You guys all spend so much money on useless crap.

#7982294 - 11/26/14 10:21 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: SW20_MR2]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
considering the PO we just cut for you the amount of work you guys will be doing, i'd be surprised if y'all don't get a new Aventador, each!
#7982302 - 11/26/14 10:23 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Pffft. Drop in the bucket.

That bullshit for the 'ROS' project was terrible... 15 copy reviews? MY ASS FUCK YOU ALL.

And that . is shit. The new shit you're getting into, I haven't made up my mind yet on how shit it is...

I envision that PO will end us ALL... \:\|

Originally Posted By: c_snapper
considering the PO we just cut for you the amount of work you guys will be doing, i'd be surprised if y'all don't get a new Aventador, each!

Edited by furball (11/26/14 10:24 AM)

#7982314 - 11/26/14 10:28 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
You don't get it...

Shit like that...

Sounds a lot like the company I work for (an agency as well) but we don't get Christmas gifts.

#7982316 - 11/26/14 10:28 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

that's the problem, it's a drop in both our buckets and no one gives a fuck.

i'm guessing part of that money is to pay you to not make your mind on anything, just get shit done!

#7982331 - 11/26/14 10:37 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
would like some of this action. please send cheque my way. kthanks

#7982409 - 11/26/14 11:11 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
I'll take one too. I dont get any perks at my job - this stuff you guys speak of is foreign to me.

#7982420 - 11/26/14 11:18 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: JEFFOS]
Big Tasty Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

I don't even get the lump of coal.
#7982424 - 11/26/14 11:19 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Big Tasty]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
/hereforfreehandouts

#7982444 - 11/26/14 11:29 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
I'll take one too. I dont get any perks at my job - this stuff you guys speak of is foreign to me.

/trips getting off the g6.

#7982460 - 11/26/14 11:38 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: JEFFOS]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ckWi6aYCI&t=1m21s

#7982462 - 11/26/14 11:39 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
bah, just get whatever they give you and upsell it on this board to some sucker.

#7982529 - 11/26/14 12:15 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: LNXGUY]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
/hereforfreehandjobs

#7982544 - 11/26/14 12:24 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

whoa!

#7982557 - 11/26/14 12:36 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

i'm sure you much prefer to be paid well in your salary, and have a kick ass bonus structure/savings plan/benefits/pension then some toys, chips, and weekly beers.

#7982560 - 11/26/14 12:36 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: JEFFOS]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There

#7982645 - 11/26/14 01:10 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

i'm sure you much prefer to be paid well in your salary, and have a kick ass bonus structure/savings plan/benefits/pension then some toys, chips, and weekly beers.

Yup certainly do prefer it and that's why I'm here but some perks are always nice and makes the work day/time more enjoyable.

#7982665 - 11/26/14 01:28 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

+1

I usually draw a pretty simple analogy when it comes to this. It's like the whole points system that retailers use to con people into over buying/over spending. BUT THE POINTS!!! So many of them, spend $100 more, get 50 cents in benefit via points, but it's 1000000x the points event bro, BUY \:\|

This reminds me of a huge shitfest thread on rfd where people bragged about perks, yet were working in well known underpaying companies who give you those "good feelz" while shafting you on ACTUAL pay...lal

#7982700 - 11/26/14 01:57 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
Lost^
Unregistered

Big Hugs Elmo
#7982733 - 11/26/14 02:20 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: ]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Lost^
Big Hugs Elmo

Big Hugs Elmo

Big Hugs Elmo

Big Hugs Elmo

Big Hugs Elmo

Big Hugs Elmo

#7982760 - 11/26/14 02:37 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
WTF i get dick all from the hospital.

#7982796 - 11/26/14 02:57 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
having work to do is my perk

#7984261 - 11/28/14 07:32 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
8-track player
#7984269 - 11/28/14 08:01 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Furball--

what agency is this? are we talking digital?

XD XD XD XD

#7984290 - 11/28/14 08:35 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: 4age]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
2 weeks off xmas is all i get.

#7984309 - 11/28/14 09:24 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: 4age]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

It better be digital ... It's on our name

Brief update on the Xmas party side...
- We're the peasant agency; we don't even get our Town Hall presentation @ the Royal York... The cash-cow agency does.
- Cash cow agency even gets a chartered school bus to the Royal York. We get Red Rocket tokens.
- Our tables are in the butlers' quarters, a smaller room off to the side. Cash-cow gets a huge ~60+ table room.
- No taxi chits.
- No expensed parking, which the cash-cow agency gets

The Haves vs the Have Nots...

Last year, we had it at the Carlu ... Pretty swanky (College Park)
- open bar
- 2 cirque performers...
- 2 circus people walking around on stilt legs 6 ft high during cocktail hour
- 1 motivational speaker (some indian chick who survived cancer I think? Can't remember.)
- 1 black dude playing the piano

Originally Posted By: 4age
Furball--

what agency is this? are we talking digital?

For the first time ever, we all (parent and us) get a full week off during Xmas... YAY!

Originally Posted By: c2k
2 weeks off xmas is all i get.

Edited by furball (11/28/14 09:30 AM)

#7984311 - 11/28/14 09:30 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

How many people actually care about these xmas dinners/parties/tokens/town hall presentation/expensed parking/etc. I see it as a huge waste of my time, would much rather be with family/friends instead. In the past I'd try not to attend, now it's mandatory for me to be there
#7984329 - 11/28/14 09:46 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
How many people actually care about these xmas dinners/parties/tokens/town hall presentation/expensed parking/etc. I see it as a huge waste of my time, would much rather be with family/friends instead. In the past I'd try not to attend, now it's mandatory for me to be there

I rarely if ever go, time at home with family is much more important then a bunch of fucks I work with and pretend to like.

#7984346 - 11/28/14 09:56 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

but bruh - think about the benjamins that s coming in for ya! just think of the drake!

#7984364 - 11/28/14 10:10 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: LNXGUY]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

These parties include a +1 ... So I'm with the wifey.

If not, you still have to mingle sometimes...

I'd rather just spend time with loved ones as well, but this is what socializing is all about. Not like it's every Friday...

I rarely if ever go, time at home with family is much more important then a bunch of fucks I work with and pretend to like.

Edited by furball (11/28/14 10:15 AM)

#7984412 - 11/28/14 10:37 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

I'd rather just spend time with loved ones as well, but this is what socializing is all about. Not like it's every Friday...

+1

Not going to these is short sighted. Though arguably, simply going and not networking with the appropriate folks is also not a good use of time. Risky knows what's up. That's why he's bitching he's gotta go XD

I need to fly to the states for mine, so quit your whining!!!

XD XD XD XD

#7984432 - 11/28/14 10:54 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

xmas parties are lame, but they are usually beforehand so friends/fam wont miss you for one night on dec 7th(for example)....as lame as they are they are a good thing to show your face at.

*depends on positions and overall goals too.

#7984443 - 11/28/14 11:02 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

+1

Not going to these is short sighted. Though arguably, simply going and not networking with the appropriate folks is also not a good use of time. Risky knows what's up. That's why he's bitching he's gotta go XD

I network all year round playa, a christmas party makes no difference imo. It's usually people bogging me down and trying to network with me which is a waste of my time.

If you can bring your spouse that's awesome, at least you have a DD XD My companies are too cheap for that.

#7984446 - 11/28/14 11:03 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

being a GM you have to show your face mane

#7984450 - 11/28/14 11:08 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

+1

I network all year round playa, a christmas party makes no difference imo. It's usually people bogging me down and trying to network with me which is a waste of my time.

If you can bring your spouse that's awesome, at least you have a DD XD My companies are too cheap for that.

Trueeeeeeeee cept I'm remote doe \:\(

XD XD XD XD

#7984549 - 11/28/14 01:06 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Euphoricuck]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
xmas parties are lame, but they are usually beforehand so friends/fam wont miss you for one night on dec 7th(for example)....as lame as they are they are a good thing to show your face at.

*depends on positions and overall goals too.

this

My work's Xmas party is on a Wednesday afternoon during lunch hours. I am going to show face and tell my manager I am all about team work and wants to move up in the corporate ladder

#7984551 - 11/28/14 01:07 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: iamfob]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Make sure you schedule those phone calls for later

#7984555 - 11/28/14 01:10 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

iamfob's guide to networking:

Arrive to venue, acknowledge everyone, then disappear for over an hour during said event. Call random people racist when networking attempts fail and proceed to go home.

Networking level: wizard

#7984561 - 11/28/14 01:16 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

iamfob's guide to networking

#7984648 - 11/28/14 02:32 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

i agree, but i still go to the ER xmas party. we have alot of hawt nurses

#7984666 - 11/28/14 02:49 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

iamfob's guide to networking:

Arrive to venue, acknowledge everyone, then disappear for over an hour during said event. Call random people racist when networking attempts fail and proceed to go home.

#7984697 - 11/28/14 03:20 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: iamfob]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Wow, didn't realize a few of you work at agencies.

Hook me up with your digital media buyer and I'll take care of you. PM if you can help.

#7988831 - 12/02/14 09:44 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

UPDATE: Apple iWatch for the Apple fan bois, or MotoX for the Android fan bois.

Makes alot of sense, as this will increase the interest in working/coding in the HealthKit SDK, etc...

Edited by furball (12/02/14 10:00 AM)

#7988839 - 12/02/14 09:48 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Parent company went balls to the wall.... As a marketing agency, parent company now has FULL multimedia design & presentation capabilities in-fucking-house. i.e. sound stage, DJ, video/cinematography, producing, directing, music, access to all that lighting shit, etc.

Also, full IN-HOUSE 3D modelling/designing... (Many clients want molecules and virus animations 'n shit...)

I think this is fucking intense for a marketing agency...

I was watching some of the activities the parent company did to 'recruit' people from other agencies... Apparently they fucking HIRED Wendel Clark to have a hockey training session to recruit people, and also to teach employees' kids to skate 'n shit... \:o

Baaaaaaallin'...

#7990015 - 12/02/14 11:29 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Parent company went balls to the wall.... As a marketing agency, parent company now has FULL multimedia design & presentation capabilities in-fucking-house. i.e. sound stage, DJ, video/cinematography, producing, directing, music, access to all that lighting shit, etc.

Also, full IN-HOUSE 3D modelling/designing... (Many clients want molecules and virus animations 'n shit...)

I was watching some of the activities the parent company did to 'recruit' people from other agencies... Apparently they fucking HIRED Wendel Clark to have a hockey training session to recruit people, and also to teach employees' kids to skate 'n shit... \:o

Baaaaaaallin'...

furball - where you work? i'm building a production studio in our new office

#7990216 - 12/03/14 08:13 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Baaaaaaallin'...

Ballin?

Marketing agency gonna market...and it's working.

#7990456 - 12/03/14 10:05 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Portions of the entertainment...

Had this Luda-lookalike tard give a ghetto motivation speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnl0cd-rcw

Teen Prodigy that created a test for pancreatic cancer
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-na...5925809/?no-ist

and a couple other little boring presentations...

Edited by furball (12/03/14 10:06 AM)

#7990641 - 12/03/14 11:08 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Baaaaaaallin'...

Ballin?

online marketing is the biggest thing right now

i don't know where else you see late teens, early 20 year olds making 6-8 figures easily

#7990674 - 12/03/14 11:28 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This year they actually have us Xmas eve off and New Year's Eve off instead of just half days. Moving on up. Will see if we get an Xmas dinner though, havnt seen those in years. No other perks, no dental, vision etc
#7991452 - 12/03/14 06:09 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Baaaaaaallin'...

still missing a 10 million dollar heidelberg press from the line-up.

#7991481 - 12/03/14 06:24 PM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: c2k]
Post Master Supreme

lol printing press steam punk much hahaha

JK <3

#7992122 - 12/04/14 07:25 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

All the Android humpers just got their Moto X 360's ...

iWatch chumps like me wait until ... whenever

#7992128 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM Re: Place your bets .. What's the hot & trending gadget this yr? [Re: xza8]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: xza8

Baaaaaaallin'...

Ballin?

online marketing is the biggest thing right now

i don't know where else you see late teens, early 20 year olds making 6-8 figures easily

\:\/

I was referring to the appearnce by an ex hockey player, which probably costs no more than $10k and considering that as "balling". The marketing agency obviously did it right...the cost is a drop in the bucket for even a smallish sized company, but has employees talking about it ie: furball

Your last comment is completely out of context and irrelevant.

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads