Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#7960886 - 11/12/14 07:43 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
the interior on the mkiv is pretty shit durability wise.

Not really.. Unless you're complaining about the door handles and the radio cage (That scratch easy)..

#7962361 - 11/13/14 05:59 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
Went to go look at hyundai accent, vw golf and nissan versa today. Probably won't end up with any of those, she really wants the hyundai veloster turbo now.
#7962364 - 11/13/14 06:01 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: robbbby]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

2015 Golf announced as Motortrends car of the year.

A Velostar?

#7962375 - 11/13/14 06:08 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

I drove it, it's a fun little car, styling is somewhere between "meh" and "not bad". She drove the accent and hated it, tried the veloster and loved how much sportier is felt. She liked the golf but the veloster is a better deal, and she's all about the 5/100k warranty.
#7962381 - 11/13/14 06:12 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Veloster turbo is a blast IMO never drove one but went for a ride with a coworker...yep it's pretty sweet
#7962447 - 11/13/14 07:09 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

Not really..
yes really. its shit

#7962619 - 11/13/14 09:19 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not really..
yes really. its shit

Compared to what else in its segment? And please don't say Honda

#7962644 - 11/13/14 09:29 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not really..
yes really. its shit

Without being a euphoric an EG/EK honda interior is like 100000000x better than mk4 jetta/golf in terms of longevity, rattles, etc. This is not even for debate, vw interior is utter shit. Might as well drive on a milk crate wrapped in burlap. No joke, cushioning is shit, leather/pleather/feather/wahteverthefuckeather is all cracked, nikraz please. None of my civics ever fell apart like a pos VW

#7962654 - 11/13/14 09:31 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

feather

#7962680 - 11/13/14 09:42 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Not really..
yes really. its shit

Without being a euphoric an EG/EK honda interior is like 100000000x better than mk4 jetta/golf in terms of longevity, rattles, etc. This is not even for debate, vw interior is utter shit. Might as well drive on a milk crate wrapped in burlap. No joke, cushioning is shit, leather/pleather/feather/wahteverthefuckeather is all cracked, nikraz please. None of my civics ever fell apart like a pos VW

Your Civics were tin cans, lined with hard plastic wrapped around lawnmower engines.

Such luxury! Just admit, you hate your moms car because she asks you to work on it

#7962705 - 11/13/14 09:59 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not really..
yes really. its shit

Your Civics were tin cans, lined with hard plastic wrapped around lawnmower engines.

Such luxury! Just admit, you hate your moms car because she asks you to work on it

I have zero issue admitting that the mk4 jetta/golf structurally feel significantly sturdier...but this is like a 4age review of "feelz" on sturdiness which is irrelevant to real life application. While an EG/EK civic may not *feel* as sturdy they were built so much better (and are plenty sturdy for real life), and i can't emphasize or quantify *how much better* they are than a piece of shit vw of an era a decade ahead. I'd like to give the VW more credit, but I can't, and I consider myself a pretty fair person when it comes to honest reviews. TO me it's laughable that I can take a 1992 hatchback now 22 years later and put it up against a 12 year old dub and walk away feeling completely appalled by the vw in every imaginable way, AND i gave it a 10 year advantage, like wtf.

btw i just remembered half of my MIL radio buttons have fallen off randomly as well...those are regular maintenance as well right ? such quality

#7962715 - 11/13/14 10:11 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Ive got 75,000kms on my Veloster Turbo now and its been rock solid. Ive had the steering wheel replaced cause the pleather was cracking and one of the strut mounts needed to be tightened, (both under warranty) otherwise its been problem free.

The weird 3rd door is super practical, the hatch holds a ton of stuff, its great in the snow and gets 7.5-8L/100km mostly city and with my lead foot. Gets down into the mid 6's when the wife commutes on the highway. Stereo, navi, BT all work great, comfy seats, big moonroof, rear view camera, keyless, etc. The newer ones even have a E-Diff electronic LSD now.

Only real complaints are that the big wheels and low pro tires can make for a rough ride on some streets. Im already considering buying an updated '16 when they come out.

I used CCC on both this car and my Genesis and save about $1500 off the MSRP.

#7962909 - 11/14/14 07:06 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not really..
yes really. its shit

I have zero issue admitting that the mk4 jetta/golf structurally feel significantly sturdier...but this is like a 4age review of "feelz" on sturdiness which is irrelevant to real life application. While an EG/EK civic may not *feel* as sturdy they were built so much better (and are plenty sturdy for real life), and i can't emphasize or quantify *how much better* they are than a piece of shit vw of an era a decade ahead. I'd like to give the VW more credit, but I can't, and I consider myself a pretty fair person when it comes to honest reviews. TO me it's laughable that I can take a 1992 hatchback now 22 years later and put it up against a 12 year old dub and walk away feeling completely appalled by the vw in every imaginable way, AND i gave it a 10 year advantage, like wtf.

btw i just remembered half of my MIL radio buttons have fallen off randomly as well...those are regular maintenance as well right ? such quality

Radio buttons I don't have one of those fancy radios \:\(

#7963204 - 11/14/14 09:51 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

Not really..
yes really. its shit

lel wut? really? VW interior is that bad? wow. the only interior issue I have in my 7th gen civic is the rocking drivers seat, but i need to fix it before I drock myself to sleep while driving. Despite of what euphoric says about the 7th gen civic, but my civic has been rock solid for a 2003 car.

#7963247 - 11/14/14 10:03 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Vas is disgruntled. I've got like a million kms inside MKIVs, I don't know where some of these guys come up with this shit

#7963267 - 11/14/14 10:07 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've got like a million kms inside MKIVs behind a tow truck

Phst.

FTFY

#7963297 - 11/14/14 10:13 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Didn't you own a Neon?

#7963334 - 11/14/14 10:21 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Didn't you own a Neon?

Oh yeah, it was a stupid fast lil fucker. But if you want to compare the reliability factor of the peon and the civic. I'll gladly take my civic over the peon anyday of the week.

Oh how I dont miss the crack in the coolant hoses behind the turbo, melted catalytic converters, fused clutch, burnt tires, boost leaks, fuel pump failures, and FUCK hand crank rear windows

#7963347 - 11/14/14 10:23 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I think I've done more work on my stupid truck for the mileage it's been driven then my wagon, lol. That reminds me, the headlight switch decided to go the other day.

#7963382 - 11/14/14 10:36 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: c2k]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: c2k

Not really..
yes really. its shit

lel wut? really? VW interior is that bad? wow. the only interior issue I have in my 7th gen civic is the rocking drivers seat, but i need to fix it before I drock myself to sleep while driving. Despite of what euphoric says about the 7th gen civic, but my civic has been rock solid for a 2003 car.

Also the famous driver side seat buckle problem. SRS light is always on and my buckle doesn't like to lock the seatbelt when I buckle. I have to wiggle it 10+ times before it locked itself in place

I called the dealer for a quote on a new buckle. $299+HST

Fuck Honda

#7963412 - 11/14/14 10:45 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Mazda just came up with unlimited mile warranty on 2015 and up...
#7963448 - 11/14/14 10:53 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Vas is disgruntled. I've got like a million kms inside MKIVs, I don't know where some of these guys come up with this shit

Same here, I owned for for 9.5 years and have a lot of friends with MKIV since 2000.

I really think it's the car that Vas MIL owns or EUE. Go on Vortex, I never seen people complain about the interior and buttons falling out of the radio.

Well mind you, I upgraded to the Blaupunkt aftermarket deck 3 months after I bought the car. But other than the driver's door handle is peeling due to wear and tear, I really don't have much complaint of stuffs falling out/breaking

#7963462 - 11/14/14 10:56 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Mazda just came up with unlimited mile warranty on 2015 and up...

Until the day I see majority of Mazda 3/5 that are not a rust bucket, I will never buy a Mazda.

Have you seen how badly the rust on the 05+ Mazda 3 and the early model Mazda 5?
It's pathetic!

#7963567 - 11/14/14 11:22 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: iamfob]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Mazdas are rust machines.

#7963597 - 11/14/14 11:37 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: LNXGUY]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wouldn't this 'unlimited mile warranty' "resolve" that?

It's always been sad to see rear-quarter rust on those Mazdas... Brings back all those visions of 5th/6th gen Civics...

Mazdas are rust machines.

Edited by furball (11/14/14 11:37 AM)

#7963644 - 11/14/14 11:54 AM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's unlimited mileage.
Still 3-5 yrs

#7963730 - 11/14/14 12:39 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Euphoricuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Well now, how's that for herp derp ...

It's unlimited mileage.
Still 3-5 yrs

#7963770 - 11/14/14 12:59 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: iamfob]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob

Same here, I owned for for 9.5 years and have a lot of friends with MKIV since 2000.

I really think it's the car that Vas MIL owns or EUE. Go on Vortex, I never seen people complain about the interior and buttons falling out of the radio.

Well mind you, I upgraded to the Blaupunkt aftermarket deck 3 months after I bought the car. But other than the driver's door handle is peeling due to wear and tear, I really don't have much complaint of stuffs falling out/breaking

I am noticing a common trend among VW owners, lol apologists.

I guess coming from Hondas my whole life I didn't have to deal with breaking transmissions, interiors falling apart, and broken springs by the time the car hit 160k which has full service history from greenbelt vw.

vw bros scheduled maintenance:

Year 1: replace all bulbs + coil packs monthly

Year 2: Year 1 scheduled maintenance plus replace transmission, also frequency of coil pack replacement will increase because it's scheduled maintenance (every 2 weeks)

Year 3: Year 1 + Year 2 maint, car is almost ready for the scrap yard, if you want to give it a kick at the can, throw in a motor since that routine maintenance is Year 4 (if you make it to that point).

lel such EUE many reliability

#7963866 - 11/14/14 01:39 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

O1M, awful transmission, no denying that should have bought the O2J 5spd. Coilpacks? Updated design ones are absolutely fine. Broken springs? Shit happens.

My buddies 2002 Accord shifts like the tranny is about to drop out from the bottom of the car Such JDM, much sweetness, so tuna!

Listening to someone bitch about a car he doesn't drive and only attempts to maintain is priceless.

#7963869 - 11/14/14 01:40 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: iamfob]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
 Originally Posted By: c2k

Not really..
yes really. its shit

Also the famous driver side seat buckle problem. SRS light is always on and my buckle doesn't like to lock the seatbelt when I buckle. I have to wiggle it 10+ times before it locked itself in place

I called the dealer for a quote on a new buckle. $299+HST

Fuck Honda

My buckle was replaced under warranty by Honda Canada. Honda paid for the part and I paid .5 hour of labour. My car was well out of warranty. So not sure why fuck honda?

I found out honda canada was able to help through the big help of internet - have you met internet? internet is such a big help and usually comes through with information i need!

#7963976 - 11/14/14 02:19 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya its a little trollish. Have read the details.

Any mkiv I've seen that's actual been used has a terrible interior. Mostly worn out and a lot of broken bits. That soft touch shit sucks.
Same in my wagon. Has soft touch around the parking brake area and it's all scratched and worn out. You look at it and it scratches itself.
The rest of mine seems to be holding up ok though ...

#7964272 - 11/14/14 04:33 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: Euphoricuck]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

only red 2014 turbo velosters left in ontario and she doesn't want red, looks like it's back to the golf.
#7964375 - 11/14/14 05:29 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: robbbby]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Does it have to be a '14?
#7964384 - 11/14/14 05:33 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: The Postman]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Does it have to be a '14?

$7k off msrp for the remaining '14s

#7964390 - 11/14/14 05:37 PM Re: Dealer car costs and new car shopping. [Re: robbbby]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

For that Id like red lol.
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads