Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7932133 - 10/26/14 03:44 PM Dust collection wood working project
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Do any of you guys have a dust collecting system for wood working?

I never really thought about getting one since I do odd jobs here and there. But when I use my mitre saw or orbital sander shit gets everywhere and since I just bought a router it'll be even worse.

I have a single car garage so space is at a premium. I was browsing the inter web and came upon a unit called the dust deputy. It uses your current shop vac and cyclonic action to separate the wood dust into a separate bucket before it hits your shop vac increasing the longevity of your filter.

I have a small craftsman shop vac that I've had for ages but crappy tire had a bigger one on sale recently which can mount on the wall, so I picked that up as a replacement. Had time today to install it. With the 10' hose that comes with it I can attach it to the dust deputy and roll it around wherever I'm working in the garage.

#7932196 - 10/26/14 04:34 PM Re: Dust collection wood working project [Re: civic13]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

If I am using my mitre saw inside the house, I attach my shop vac hose to the mitre saw (where your bag goes) and then run it like that.
#7932305 - 10/26/14 05:59 PM Re: Dust collection wood working project [Re: Risky Business]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Yes that is the way most people collect dust and what not while wood working. But the DD is like the middle man and helps prolong the filter and your shop vac.

I don't have a mansion for a house like you \:D so no room in the house even if I was working on a project. So it's relegated to the garage.

This is what I have.

Here's a little vid of the dust deputy in action.
http://youtu.be/9NXZKYWpMbE

#7932458 - 10/26/14 07:40 PM Re: Dust collection wood working project [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
My oldman runs a ceiling mount system with venting down to specific equipment in his shop.

#7932462 - 10/26/14 07:42 PM Re: Dust collection wood working project [Re: LNXGUY]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Nice work man.
#7933294 - 10/27/14 10:15 AM Re: Dust collection wood working project [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have a dust deputy....have not used it yet. Got it last xmas.

Before that I was running this:

For what its worth, the dust deputy seems like a great tool for compact spaces (which is why I sold my old dust collector). There are also plans on the net to make your own very similar units with the same performance as the dust deputy for cheaper if you have the stuff lying around.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads