Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7923387 - 10/21/14 08:44 AM Got to love...
Big Tasty Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Being stranded on the roadside wirh a dead alternator. Luckily it is me and not the wife, car sounded a bit weird when i started it up this morning so i decided to drive her to work instead of her taking it. Died half way there and now waiting on a tow truck to take it to my mechanic.

Happy Tuesday to me

#7923416 - 10/21/14 08:53 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I woke up to a deflated tire, my canadian tire plug in air compressor wire snapped as i tried to plug it in, 60 gal compressor has been disconnected, and my small air compressor is upstairs inside the house. Drove to work on 15 psi, came 20 mins late for meeting. SO far so good
#7923427 - 10/21/14 08:58 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
I woke up a little drunk... Freshbooks had a meet-up for their customers at Rivoli last night... Today isn't going to be productive.
#7923456 - 10/21/14 09:18 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I woke up to a deflated tire, my canadian tire plug in air compressor wire snapped as i tried to plug it in, 60 gal compressor has been disconnected, and my small air compressor is upstairs inside the house. Drove to work on 15 psi, came 20 mins late for meeting. SO far so good

next time go to a gas station, take $20 bucks out of your wallet and tell the clerk behind the counter you want to break $20 for change so you can get air for the tires. The clerk will turn air on for you without having you to break $20 or put $$ into the air machine. The clerk cannot open the till without a sale and nowadays everybody pays for gas at the pump.

More $ for you to save on your heating costs.

I've been doing this way for years and I never had to put any money into the air pumps.

To the OP - sucks that it happened and thankfully not to your wife w the kids in the car. What car was it that broke down?

#7923500 - 10/21/14 09:38 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Went for coffee the other morning......the result

#7923507 - 10/21/14 09:43 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

wtf CSi-ON? Everybody's having car problems today.

#7923510 - 10/21/14 09:44 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: c2k]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: c2k

next time go to a gas station, take $20 bucks out of your wallet and tell the clerk behind the counter you want to break $20 for change so you can get air for the tires. The clerk will turn air on for you without having you to break $20 or put $$ into the air machine. The clerk cannot open the till without a sale and nowadays everybody pays for gas at the pump.

I've been doing this way for years and I never had to put any money into the air pumps.

To the OP - sucks that it happened and thankfully not to your wife w the kids in the car. What car was it that broke down?

you can skip the charades, many stations will do it for you if you just ask.

#7923513 - 10/21/14 09:46 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

OMG REALLY?????????????????????????????????????????????????

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOW OMG WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOUR SAGE ADVICE?

#7923515 - 10/21/14 09:47 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c_snapper

+1 especially if you are a regular at the same place. except today i had no time as i was already late.

#7923560 - 10/21/14 10:08 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

some will, some wont. but this way is a sure given. I dont go to the same gas stations for the most part. just saying what works for me.

#7923563 - 10/21/14 10:08 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

sure, I got another one for ya.
- Next up on how to save on your heating cost from your water heater.

#7923573 - 10/21/14 10:14 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

You are like the local village idiot walking around parroting the same shit over and over, shut the fuck up already.

#7923578 - 10/21/14 10:18 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

You are like the local village idiot walking around parroting the same shit over and over man, shut the fuck up already.

#7923593 - 10/21/14 10:25 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

Normal for a VM no?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#7923603 - 10/21/14 10:29 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada

Why you no bike?

XD XD XD XD

#7923664 - 10/21/14 11:04 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: 4age]
Post Master Supreme

Welp, car is at the shop with a $70 tow already billed. Will see what the overall damage is later.
#7923693 - 10/21/14 11:20 AM Re: Got to love... [Re: Hatorade]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

Normal for a VM no?

In tank liftpump, not uncommon. Replaced in about 5 mins. Shit happens.

#7923748 - 10/21/14 12:00 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan

exactly. what a wally!

#7923753 - 10/21/14 12:02 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

your turd spends more time on a flatbed than a 335i does.

#7923787 - 10/21/14 12:17 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric

your turd spends more time on a flatbed than a 335i does.

Like fuck This is the first time it's ever been on a flatbed because of a break down. If I made it another 200M down the road, I could have pushed it and got home, lol.

#7923802 - 10/21/14 12:21 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

have you not posted it on a flatbed before because of a failure?

#7923809 - 10/21/14 12:24 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

have you not posted it on a flatbed before because of a failure?

When the oilpan was pierced by a dust shield from a transport truck? That's not the cars fault. That's on me.

#7923818 - 10/21/14 12:28 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

clearly the cars fault. dont be so hard on yourself.

#7923828 - 10/21/14 12:33 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

#7923836 - 10/21/14 12:35 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
well hey, if those cars actually handled well...maybe you could have evaded said dust-shield even at those speeds...just sayin'

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7923861 - 10/21/14 12:41 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

You are like the local village idiot walking around parroting the same shit over and over man, shut the fuck up already.

Your advice was so amaze, how can I thank you? I saved one hundred cents thanks to you. Let's see if I can do this right, so now I can insure my M3 for half a day, or maybe run my furnace for .5 degrees higher for 7 days, upgrade my internet speed, maybe put it towards the next drake concert? Did i get all your funnies covered? Please parrot away if I missed anything

#7923862 - 10/21/14 12:41 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#7923892 - 10/21/14 12:50 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
well hey, if those cars actually handled well...maybe you could have evaded said dust-shield even at those speeds...just sayin'

I was on my way to Neptunes for shrimp, was in a rush.

#7923923 - 10/21/14 12:57 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: LNXGUY]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

I was on my way to Neptunes for shrimp, was in a rush.

lol

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7924037 - 10/21/14 01:46 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Big Tasty]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Being stranded on the roadside wirh a dead alternator. Luckily it is me and not the wife, car sounded a bit weird when i started it up this morning so i decided to drive her to work instead of her taking it. Died half way there and now waiting on a tow truck to take it to my mechanic.

Happy Tuesday to me

That sucks man - good thing now and not when it got way colder out. Also now that you replaced the part it shouldn't cause you any trouble for a long time (at least that's how I look at it)

#7924063 - 10/21/14 02:02 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: JEFFOS]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I had my water pump go last week \:\( At least it waited until 30 seconds after I dropped my kid off at school
#7924128 - 10/21/14 02:24 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada

Your advice was so amaze, how can I thank you? I saved one hundred cents thanks to you. Let's see if I can do this right, so now I can insure my M3 for half a day, or maybe run my furnace for .5 degrees higher for 7 days, upgrade my internet speed, maybe put it towards the next drake concert? Did i get all your funnies covered? Please parrot away if I missed anything

can i be your date to the Drake concert? I'll put out in the form of dirty yonge street schwarmas \:D yes?

#7924146 - 10/21/14 02:33 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
 Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

Happy Tuesday to me

That sucks man - good thing now and not when it got way colder out. Also now that you replaced the part it shouldn't cause you any trouble for a long time (at least that's how I look at it)

Yup, I was saying the same thing to the tow guy on the way to the mechanic. Glad I was relatively close to home too and not halfway to Ottawa like last weekend for the holidays.

#7924203 - 10/21/14 03:05 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: Big Tasty]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
^This is where it'd be great to have voltage meters on modern cars. They used to include them all the time!

Had your car had a voltage meter, you would have known right away that your alternator was toast.

XD XD XD XD

#7924320 - 10/21/14 04:03 PM Re: Got to love... [Re: JEFFOS]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
frig everyone's car is busted. lol had to take the TSX in for a rattle on cold startup. they need to stop giving me brand new RDX's i'm starting to like them.

btw i thought it was law that they have to turn on the air pump for you? every gas station that i've gone too i always just pop in and ask them to turn on the air pump and they do. /peasant life

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/21/14 04:06 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads