Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#7653698 - 04/17/14 09:40 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Balhar Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Gee Tee Ay
Where in Brampton are you
#7653917 - 04/18/14 07:35 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Balhar]
87ZCSi Online   content
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
I realize how unpopular this is going to be, but, maybe do the life math on condo living.

http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14279667 for 700k.

I HATE to say this because of how it's eaten at me at times but imagine it, a GOOD sized condo, your wife walks to work, you get a new job in the core and walk to work too (likely making more money), subsidized daycare in the building (maybe run the kid up to the in laws fewer days per week, not really considering that requirement here because she'll grow up and go to school). The point being traffic no longer EXISTS, it CANNOT EXIST, and your life becomes about your family and not trying to get to see them.

This is not a plug to sell my place, the point is that I've had MULTIPLE conversations with people (of all income levels, think 100k-1M) even before I moved here and they've all been in a similar situation to yours and have decided to walk to work. That's not to say I'd not take a house in a second, but I don't have a job to get to either.

There's a guy I talk to all the time, loaded, could live anywhere, but he said to me once "I'd love for my kids to have a yard, but I'd much rather them have a father".

Regarding the need for a 2 car garage, you could always rent industrial space alone or with a friend to fulfill that need. Sure it's not right outside but there may be a compromise here - not sure.

/sentimentalchildlessdivorcedguy

#7653941 - 04/18/14 08:01 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: 87ZCSi]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
What parent wants their child growing up without a backyard to play in? Without a quiet street to ride their bike on?
#7653946 - 04/18/14 08:05 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
I think if you chose the condo route, you need to have access to a park nearby, and I don't mean one of those little parkettes.
#7654038 - 04/18/14 09:03 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: eddie _82
What parent wants their child growing up without a backyard to play in? Without a quiet street to ride their bike on?

yep.

oh hey, lets go ride a bike on busy front street! wait wut?

#7654082 - 04/18/14 09:37 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: 87ZCSi]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi
I realize how unpopular this is going to be, but, maybe do the life math on condo living.

But take the 700/mth in maintenance fees and add that to your 700k mortgage then look to see what house you could get for the same monthly cost. Yes I know you would have to add in hydro, water...etc to the house but I'm not aware if that is included in the 700/mth that you would be paying for the condo fee.

#7654115 - 04/18/14 10:04 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Big Tasty]
87ZCSi Online   content
Post Master Sr

Hydro isn't always included but in my place (the listing I posted) it includes everything. About $325 worth of stuff my house would consume albeit my house was MUCH larger. If you embrace the amenities it's easier to swallow I think.
#7654368 - 04/18/14 01:33 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: 87ZCSi]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
townhome condo, yes always an option
regular buidling condo, fuck that noise

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7654513 - 04/18/14 02:55 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Maint. Fees ftl.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#7654749 - 04/18/14 04:44 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Balhar]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
 Originally Posted By: Balhar
Where in Brampton are you

Deerfield
Check your work email!

#7654754 - 04/18/14 04:48 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: 87ZCSi]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi

I HATE to say this because of how it's eaten at me at times but imagine it, a GOOD sized condo, your wife walks to work, you get a new job in the core and walk to work too (likely making more money), subsidized daycare in the building (maybe run the kid up to the in laws fewer days per week, not really considering that requirement here because she'll grow up and go to school). The point being traffic no longer EXISTS, it CANNOT EXIST, and your life becomes about your family and not trying to get to see them.

This is not a plug to sell my place, the point is that I've had MULTIPLE conversations with people (of all income levels, think 100k-1M) even before I moved here and they've all been in a similar situation to yours and have decided to walk to work. That's not to say I'd not take a house in a second, but I don't have a job to get to either.

There's a guy I talk to all the time, loaded, could live anywhere, but he said to me once "I'd love for my kids to have a yard, but I'd much rather them have a father".

Regarding the need for a 2 car garage, you could always rent industrial space alone or with a friend to fulfill that need. Sure it's not right outside but there may be a compromise here - not sure.

/sentimentalchildlessdivorcedguy

Ya no lol
700k on a condo plus $700 a month in fees plus $1500 a month for a shop that's no where near the house, no backyard, spend a grand a month on babysitting instead of being with grandma, and have to live downtown, fuck that! Haha

#7654759 - 04/18/14 04:52 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Big Tasty]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14268947

Lots of room for the cars

or

http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14255616

Those would have been good options but that area sucks to get out of/into in rush hour . My wife used to work at Leslie and the 401

#7655217 - 04/19/14 04:12 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: eddie _82

You would be surprised man, working in the middle of condo town there's a lot of ppl raising kids in condos.

Op wanna carpool? Lol

Dude that's the way things are going unfortunately. Housing in the city is too much, welcome to the burbs and enjoy your commute.....or enjoy condo life.

I actually know the ppl who grew up in those houses in the first two links. (First house was a Hawt Azn chick XD XD) and those houses are not only big, but friggin old...new shoebox townhouses with 5x5 feet lawns and their ac unit taking up 3/4 of it are going for almost a mill or over. Aside from that, condo city.

You gotta try to adapt to your area. Work nearby, kids nearby, and try your parents and even then you just have to live through 5 yrs of driving before the kids go to school. Not like you'll be doing that for the rest of your life (I would hope not.)

I do the drive, wife transferred to an office down the street, helps with me on evenings.

#7708849 - 05/27/14 08:55 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: titty sprinkles]
87ZCSi Online   content
Post Master Sr

Update?
#7708862 - 05/27/14 09:05 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: 87ZCSi]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Still planning on it. Had an agent come in and give us a list of things to do, the kitchen needs redone as the cabinets are the cheap laminate kind and they are peeling. With the kitchen redone she thinks we should list at 580k
%80 of the painting is done and getting some quotes on cabinet refacing or a complete redo.

#7708880 - 05/27/14 09:17 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
List for 580 without touching it. Profit

#7709249 - 05/28/14 08:04 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
gonna check out this open house soon...5 mins away, south side of major mack...

http://www.century21.ca/Property/ON/L4B_3C5/Richmond_Hill/Spadina_Rd/181_1

/bcuz csi money

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7711082 - 05/29/14 07:41 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

I recommend yorkville br0.

My sister lives there. I would hate living there (I hear sirens in the background whenever she phones) but it's awesome for staying downtown, hitting up Bar Volo, stuff downtown.

I try and take public transit though. $60 to park there overnight, WTF.

BTW, what Bill said. I don't know how you guys do it. I haven't lived in Toronto since 2002. (Don Mills --> Coxwell/Danforth --> Kingston --> Halifax --> Saskatoon)

I may have to put up with ungodly temperatures etc. here in Saskatoon, but I love it.

7 minute commute to work. No traffic jam is over 20 minutes long. I could never move back to TO. It's nice coming back to visit though \:\)

#7711139 - 05/29/14 08:27 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: spnx]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ LNX commutes into the damn city from Barrie. Dont let him fool you.

#7711166 - 05/29/14 08:42 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

I thought he part work from home?
#7711183 - 05/29/14 08:55 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: spnx]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
he does sometimes.

spnx where Coxwell/Danforth did you live. i like that area and was looking at houses but its getting ridiculous...

#7711260 - 05/29/14 09:41 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I lived there too when I came to Canada, closer to greenwood doe, oakdene crescent I think...also went to early Beatty the middle school. That area is crazy expensive. So many of my buddies are getting outbid this season it's bad
#7711293 - 05/29/14 09:55 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
^ LNX commutes into the damn city from Barrie. Dont let him fool you.

Sorry man, I work from home 100% of the time these days. Before that it was maybe 2 days a week. I haven't had a 5 day commute into Toronto in probably 4-5 years.

#7711309 - 05/29/14 10:01 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

you lucky billy boy!

#7711320 - 05/29/14 10:08 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thats not my point doe. (ffufufufuuuu btw :p )

The point was all of a sudden the "I dont know how you guys do it" bs , yet you had to (and likely still do at times) commute from Barrie. And its only because of the nature of your particular job. Not everyones type of work has that option.

So its all well and cool you recommend moving to hickville err barrie, but its just not feasible for most.

\(\.\)\(\.\)

#7711330 - 05/29/14 10:12 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
not even going to comment on East York / Danforth *sigh*
#7711339 - 05/29/14 10:19 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

The point was all of a sudden the "I dont know how you guys do it" bs , yet you had to (and likely still do at times) commute from Barrie. And its only because of the nature of your particular job. Not everyones type of work has that option.

So its all well and cool you recommend moving to hickville err barrie, but its just not feasible for most.

\(\.\)\(\.\)

I did the daily commute for how many years? And before that it was St.Catharines > Mississauga daily. I'd still pick that over living in Toronto. My stance on this subject hasn't changed at all. I've always said you guys are fucking crazy to put up with the traffic, housing prices and the rest of the shit that goes along with it.

Working at home is great, but it definitely has it's downsides as well. You can get really lazy really fast

#7711341 - 05/29/14 10:21 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

\(\.\)\(\.\)

Uh, I did the daily commute for how many years? And before that it was St.Catharines > Mississauga daily. I'd still pick that over living in Toronto. My stance on this subject hasn't changed at all. I've always said you guys are fucking crazy to put up with the traffic, housing prices and the rest of the shit that goes along with it.

more \(\.\)\(\.\) in toronto than there are in barrie.

#7711343 - 05/29/14 10:22 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

No one will dispute that When the fuck is the next CSI:Ontario Jays game?

#7711370 - 05/29/14 10:33 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

as you wish

#7711382 - 05/29/14 10:35 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

\(\.\)\(\.\)

I did the daily commute for how many years? And before that it was St.Catharines > Mississauga daily. I'd still pick that over living in Toronto. My stance on this subject hasn't changed at all. I've always said you guys are fucking crazy to put up with the traffic, housing prices and the rest of the shit that goes along with it.

Working at home is great, but it definitely has it's downsides as well. You can get really lazy really fast

I was driving up the 400 last night thinking of you lol homo. Man there were so many sorry bastards, mostly construction workers looking hella tired just rolling up the highway at 7pm...probably be home for 8 then shower eat rinse repeat. Id commit suicide before subjecting myself to that. If you can work from home location is pretty much irrelevant but to make that drive everyday. No.fucking.way

#7711428 - 05/29/14 10:47 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

even from st catherines.
fuck.that.shit

and housing prices have gone up at just as ridiculous rates in Barrie.

Anyways, my whole point was it isnt feasible for most here to live that far outside the city.

#7711483 - 05/29/14 11:12 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
he does sometimes.

spnx where Coxwell/Danforth did you live. i like that area and was looking at houses but its getting ridiculous...

I lived right across from the bus station, which was terrible.

Then I moved to Rhodes Ave. (one street west of Coxwell), which was much better. I was right across from the newer red-brick townhouses immediately south of Danforth.

House prices have gone absolutely crazy since then. The house was originally $140,000.

#7711500 - 05/29/14 11:23 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

\(\.\)\(\.\)

I was driving up the 400 last night thinking of you lol homo. Man there were so many sorry bastards, mostly construction workers looking hella tired just rolling up the highway at 7pm...probably be home for 8 then shower eat rinse repeat. Id commit suicide before subjecting myself to that. If you can work from home location is pretty much irrelevant but to make that drive everyday. No.fucking.way

You should see the traffic in the morning SB on the 400 from all the people making the trip into the city. I'm guessing it's at least doubled sinceI moved up here. It's fucking insane. If you aren't skilled trades, there isn't shit for you up here in my neck of the woods.

#7711781 - 05/29/14 02:17 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
pussies. everyone complains about a little driving....yet everyone owns emtrees

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads