Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#7652586 - 04/17/14 10:59 AM i need to move, throwing in the towel if you will
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
We live in Brampton right now, i work in vaughan, wife works downtown, daughter goes to grandmas in North York. I am tired of the driving and my wife finally agrees with me.
Any area that would make it easy is millon $ homes. Bugdet is like 700k tops.

Somthing in the duffrin, finch, bathurst, sheapered block would be perfect, but waaay out price range.
1.2M what the fuck http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14220223

And 669 for this really?
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14276833

Anything thats not in the north end of Vaughan is crazy priced

Anyone live in this area?
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14238614
I see alot of big houses being built. I know that area used to be a bit shady

Or this area?
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14281967

West Woodbridge area?
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14216974

Any areas along Finch ave that are nice?

Not really looking at those houses, those are just to give you an idea of the area. If i can find a good area i can just keep watching for somthing to pop up.
Wife leaves from the downsview subway station, baby goes to Keele and finch, i go to Wonderland essentially.

Edited by zc911 (04/17/14 01:12 PM)

#7652597 - 04/17/14 11:02 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
The answer for value for money is always Pickering
#7652630 - 04/17/14 11:19 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Troll

really?

much nuclear plant such humming so radioactive

#7652633 - 04/17/14 11:20 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
The answer for radiation poisoning is always Pickering

#7652644 - 04/17/14 11:25 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

ya i am not moving to pickering lol

#7652651 - 04/17/14 11:29 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Ajax now. Pickering is full. People need to stay out lol

#7652652 - 04/17/14 11:30 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: c2k]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
 Originally Posted By: c2k

really?

6 years it will be shut down. Relax preppy

#7652662 - 04/17/14 11:33 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I am in the same boat my man. We live in Markham and we love our area and neighborhood. However we both work downtown. I never minded the commute. We wold drive down together and when the wife was on mat leave I would take the GO train.

But now with two little ones and dropping them off to two different locations, its really taking a toll on us.

BUT EVEN THEN, I'm willing to put up with it. But its the time we get home that is the killer. How am I going to put them in any extra curricular activities or help with homework or any after school stuff? And even now, I don't get to enjoy my kids. Get home, feed them, bath them, put them to bed. And then wake them up super early to start over.

We're looking at going south into the city. Preferably East York. I want my wife to be able to get home at a decent time and be there for the kids. My wife works for the City (at City Hall) and is a lifer. She's not going anywhere (by choice at least). I may relocate out of downtown, but if we're living in EY she can be home by 4:30pm. I won't even tell you what time we get home these days.

I'd share some stories of what we're seeing for sale in EY, but you've seen the other threads. ITS ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY RIDICULOUS!!

#7652667 - 04/17/14 11:38 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Just clicked on the OP's links. \:\( Geez, I wish I was looking at those homes/prices. Shall I reference that bungalow for $720k in EY from the other thread?

Edited by SuPeR-MaRiO (04/17/14 11:38 AM)

#7652675 - 04/17/14 11:42 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I dunno how you guys do that.

#7652677 - 04/17/14 11:43 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Denis Si]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Denis Si
 Originally Posted By: c2k

really?

6 years it will be shut down. Relax preppy

6 more years of much more humming!

#7652706 - 04/17/14 11:58 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Albion/Islington? Dude, are you out of your mind?

F
U
C
K

T
H
A
T

#7652710 - 04/17/14 12:01 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

As far as the moving, you are SOL unless you significantly downsize (your house is pretty big now) and get something old/original. Otherwise for 700k you don't have many options. If you up your budget to 800k though do open up a few decent pockets.

All I can say is I wouldn't want to be you right now. I'd consider other options, change jobs/work schedules/something much easier than saddling yourself with more debt especially in this market.

#7652711 - 04/17/14 12:01 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I am in the same boat my man. We live in Markham and we love our area and neighborhood. However we both work downtown. I never minded the commute. We wold drive down together and when the wife was on mat leave I would take the GO train.

But now with two little ones and dropping them off to two different locations, its really taking a toll on us.

BUT EVEN THEN, I'm willing to put up with it. But its the time we get home that is the killer. How am I going to put them in any extra curricular activities or help with homework or any after school stuff? And even now, I don't get to enjoy my kids. Get home, feed them, bath them, put them to bed. And then wake them up super early to start over.

We're looking at going south into the city. Preferably East York. I want my wife to be able to get home at a decent time and be there for the kids. My wife works for the City (at City Hall) and is a lifer. She's not going anywhere (by choice at least). I may relocate out of downtown, but if we're living in EY she can be home by 4:30pm. I won't even tell you what time we get home these days.

I'd share some stories of what we're seeing for sale in EY, but you've seen the other threads. ITS ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY RIDICULOUS!!

It really is all about time! It's 12 hours days right now, 6am-6pm. The driving doesnt bother me, but i hate waking my daughter up so early, hell i hate waking up so early!
This city pisses me off, you either have to travel or pay through the nose for a house. And becuase our shitty transit system barley goes anywhere it;s almost useless!!

#7652715 - 04/17/14 12:03 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Albion/Islington? Dude, are you out of your mind?

F
U
C
K

T
H
A
T

LOL i dunno is still a shit hole haha

#7652716 - 04/17/14 12:03 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lol rob yeah man i dunno how you do (did) it. like i mentioned, only a matter of time before cracking re. the driving/etc. lol.

wanna buy our place in RHill? :P - prob too small for you though.

good luck man, pricing is fuckin retarrrrrrded out there right now. anything along 404 or 400 corridor is way overpriced, and even shit out to like 9th line going east is getting more pricey.

i'd suggest newmarket as SOME prices are over the moon right now, if you can find a place (usually older, but some newish stuff can be had). otherwise, if you want in the city ie. Finch/Sheppard/etc. you'll have an older shack for 600-750k for sure. else, it's a small townhome or townhome condo ugh.

get ready to get a storage garage for your toys

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7652723 - 04/17/14 12:06 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

As far as the moving, you are SOL unless you significantly downsize (your house is pretty big now) and get something old/original. Otherwise for 700k you don't have many options. If you up your budget to 800k though do open up a few decent pockets.

All I can say is I wouldn't want to be you right now. I'd consider other options, change jobs/work schedules/something much easier than saddling yourself with more debt especially in this market.

i dont really care about house size, i just want my double car garage lol
Anything more than 700k means bye bye lancia and bye bye Mustang, even at 700k i might sell the Lancia.

#7652728 - 04/17/14 12:09 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
lol rob yeah man i dunno how you do (did) it. like i mentioned, only a matter of time before cracking re. the driving/etc. lol.

wanna buy our place in RHill? :P - prob too small for you though.

good luck man, pricing is fuckin retarrrrrrded out there right now. anything along 404 or 400 corridor is way overpriced, and even shit out to like 9th line going east is getting more pricey.

i'd suggest newmarket as SOME prices are over the moon right now, if you can find a place (usually older, but some newish stuff can be had). otherwise, if you want in the city ie. Finch/Sheppard/etc. you'll have an older shack for 600-750k for sure. else, it's a small townhome or townhome condo ugh.

get ready to get a storage garage for your toys

hmm newmarket might be alright, lets see whats there

na if we move, 2 car garage or no dice lol If if i have to sell my toys to make the payments decent, i will get more

#7652731 - 04/17/14 12:11 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

One brazillion percent this.

#7652733 - 04/17/14 12:12 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

If you up your budget to 800k though do open up a few decent pockets.

I don't have a huge house. But $800k in EY IS downsizing. You wouldn't believe the prices things are selling for.

At the same time, and we've heard it a million times, location-location-location. You're right off the subway line. You're right off one of the two subway lines in this city. You're 20 mins from downtown.

But fack man, I'm no balla.

#7652735 - 04/17/14 12:13 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What's the point of moving from Brampton to Newmarket, you will incur costs to move yet not be closer to work, your wife isn't closer to work, and you aren't closer to your parents?
#7652736 - 04/17/14 12:13 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie _82

why no more debt right now?

#7652738 - 04/17/14 12:13 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

I hear you about the kids. We normally are having dinner by 6 (wife starts cooking by 5, or we have order in or left overs), homework starts by 6:30, bath and bedtime by 8 - 8:30. Really and truly, the only time to chill with the kids is the weekend.

It definitely wasn't this hectic growing up, my parents would actually come home for lunch

#7652740 - 04/17/14 12:14 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

While I agree, it goes back to the wife situation. I'm not an advocate of picking up and moving so you can be close to work, because jobs come and go. but my wife who has been at the City for over 10 years, is a lifer. She's not going anywhere. And its HER that I want to be close to home, for the kids' sake. I think those with a wife and kids can understand that.

#7652741 - 04/17/14 12:14 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

What's the point of moving from Brampton to Newmarket, you will incur costs to move yet not be closer to work, your wife isn't closer to work, and you aren't closer to your parents?

ya you are right too damn far noth, does no good

#7652742 - 04/17/14 12:14 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zc911

Market is at a peak, fuck that noise

#7652744 - 04/17/14 12:16 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I hear you about the kids. We normally are having dinner by 6 (wife starts cooking by 5, or we have order in or left overs), homework starts by 6:30, bath and bedtime by 8 - 8:30. Really and truly, the only time to chill with the kids is the weekend.

It definitely wasn't this hectic growing up, my parents would actually come home for lunch

Start cooking by 5? Eat by 6pm? Oh how I envy you.

#7652747 - 04/17/14 12:17 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

People are so one dimensional when it comes to commuting, as if moving is THE ONLY option to a better work life balance.

In some cases that is the only solution, in most it isn't.

Want to fawk up your quality of life into a perpetuity? Go ahead bruh, GET IN ON THE HOT MARKET!!!!111ONE!!!!

#7652750 - 04/17/14 12:18 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Why don't you move back closer to your parents, that area isn't much even though a lot of ghetto around it but you will get in the city, new subway line up there, close to vaughan, close to parents, etc.

#7652751 - 04/17/14 12:18 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Market is at a peak, fuck that noise

is it really? Haven't people been saying that for the last what 3-4 years?

hahah seriously lol. I cook enough meat for the week on Sunday night, and we make sides to go with it when we get home at 6 during the week.

#7652753 - 04/17/14 12:18 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I guess it all depends on your outlook for the market. If we're on our way to a longer-term run up to NYC/LA/Vancouver prices then there's no better time to buy than now. But if it's going to head down significantly, and for an extended period of time, at some point you can end up in a lot of trouble.

Of course your ability to service said debt is far more important.

#7652755 - 04/17/14 12:19 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Wife works from home. She could make more money at another company, but thats the sacrifice we make for the sake of the kids.

#7652757 - 04/17/14 12:20 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Why don't you move back closer to your parents, that area isn't much even though a lot of ghetto around it but you will get in the city, new subway line up there, close to vaughan, close to parents, etc.

i am trying to avoid an Everybody loves Raymond situation lol

Edited by zc911 (04/17/14 12:23 PM)

#7652762 - 04/17/14 12:22 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

i am trying to avoid an Everyone loves Raymond situation lol

Ohhhhh now you are picky too.

I recommend yorkville br0.

#7652765 - 04/17/14 12:23 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

sweet, thats the spot for me \:D

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads