Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7652295 - 04/17/14 08:49 AM Just got back from an all inclusive
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
My first time. It was more fun than I expected. I'm not a lounging poolside/beach or drinking type of guy. So my wife was expecting frowny face from me all week. But I got to spend a lot of time with my girls, non-stop swimming, snorkelled for the first time, climbed a pyramid, and ate like a fatty, and it was good!

To summarize:
- Riviera Maya, Grand Bahia Principe, 7 nights
- rained for 20 mins one day, and a little when we checked out; otherwise sunny and hot
- ate bacon, churros, omelettes, fruit every morning. watermelon juice and cappuccinos
- climbed pyramid in Coba (i think it's the tallest one), great view over the trees and out of the coast. going on was easy, coming down, those steps are SHALLOW!
- snorkelling at the beach, saw a small octopus, a small moray eel, and turned over a rock, saw a starfish get eaten alive by wrasse. also got a sense of what it would be like to get carried out to sea. STRONG currents on the last day
- all in all, it was a great experience. i'll probably do it again, but not until my kids are older.

so, where's this snow people were posting on facebook about?

#7652303 - 04/17/14 08:57 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: 4Three]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lol i was staying down the road from you a week before \:D it was hot/humid as hell 1pm-5pm lol.

nice you went to coba, i wanted to go but didn't, just to tulum. chichenitza too far. coba is wicked how you're in the middle of the greenery. snorkelling is not bad at all there (nice near cozumel). you're right i noticed the currents were strong most days too, crazy.

glad you enjoyed it, the resort you stayed at was one of the nicer ones. ours was crap. i find if you're gonna spend the time and money to go all inclv., spend the bit extra on a NICE place.

snow was here for 1-2 days, melted late yesterday.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7652376 - 04/17/14 09:37 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: 4Three]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
4Three: how old are your girls? We're thinking of going to an all inclusive with my young boys.
#7652382 - 04/17/14 09:38 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
nice OP. i thought i was the same way. im not one to sit and vege; but enjoyed the first time we went to mexico...

speaking of which we came back from thailand (phuket - kata beach)

we had a villa our last 2 days...
we stayed at patong 2 days...(lot of russians here --risky, any idea why?)

pretty kick ass...

did japan as well...

#7652422 - 04/17/14 09:50 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: f22b-dohc]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

haha yeah lots of russians everywhere now, they have the money.

dude thailand eh? wicked...wifey and i did part of our honeymoon in krabi area, we didn't do phucket because to 'busy' as per reviews...but it's still awesome. how did you find it?

#7652454 - 04/17/14 10:07 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
phucket was awesome...maybe krabi is next LOL

phuket > bangkok

cheap drinks, great good, -- downside is the people that just want to rip you off

u check out the "ping pong show"

live baby turtles, live bird, live gold fish, and obviously ping pongs out of her....

#7652460 - 04/17/14 10:10 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: f22b-dohc]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

- oh yeah.................

#7652464 - 04/17/14 10:10 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Screamin - we almost could've done a CSI:ON vacay meet! We went to Chitchen Itza too. Went with this USA Transfer thing, which is a mini van and so it's a private outting. You get to control times, which worked well for us. But you're right, that was a hell of a long day. 2 hours to Chitchen Itza, swim a Cenote, eat, another hour to Coba, then back. Probably spent about 5 hours in that van. Half the time I was thinking we might get dropped off somewhere, have me decapitated, sell my wife and kids off to the cartel.

Mario - my kids are 5 and (almost) 8. they've been in semi-private swimming lessons for about a year. the older one can swim about 25 meters, while the younger one can swim for a couple seconds. i mention the swimming because i'm not sure what they would do otherwise. they browned up pretty good. looks like i smuggled back a couple of senoritas. they loved the food. jello and fried stuff every day. nothing that we'd normally let them load up on.

f22b - that pic looks crazy baller! i'd do that if i could figure out where to put my kids for a week.

on a side note, no one had any stomach issues. we just made sure to use the bottled water for everything.

#7652479 - 04/17/14 10:19 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: 4Three]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Cooooooooool!
So how much weight did you gain?
Be ready to feel the pain on Sunday XD

XD XD XD XD

#7652499 - 04/17/14 10:26 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: 4age]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Thanks 4Three. My boys are 4 and (almost) 2 and I question what they'll do all day. I know that some resorts are more catered to young children, but haven't looked into what they provide that is different. But on that same note, I'm sure they'll have fun playing in the water and the beach all day.
#7652525 - 04/17/14 10:36 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
chichenitza is awesome, i was really glad we sweated out the bus ride.
Seeing it and realizing what it must of took back then to do it was just amazing (unless becuase aliens ), i could walk around there for days.

#7652528 - 04/17/14 10:37 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Lost^
Unregistered

I did a CSi vacay meet with AMG SiR in Cuba, stayed at the same resort

I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe in Jamaica, nice resort fo sho. I gained several lbs when I went to Cuba earlier this year...drinking rum and coke all day didn't help eating like a pig for a week I'm sure....but vacation so yolo

#7652593 - 04/17/14 11:01 AM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: ]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

i actually did not gain weight. what gets eaten in mexico, stays in mexico. :P

#7652952 - 04/17/14 01:41 PM Re: Just got back from an all inclusive [Re: 4Three]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Having been to all inclusives about 15 times now, Id say they are a great place for kids. The place my wife and I frequent in Cuba has a whole side of the resort dedicated to families with tons of activities. Huge pool, this pirate ship/waterslide thing, music, games all kinds of stuff. They had a separate show in the theatre every night for the kinds, magicians in the lobby, etc.

I dont even have kids and it looked like a blast. The singles/couples side of the resort was actually kinda boring lol.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads