Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7641197 - 04/10/14 12:01 AM Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country
Kick to ze liver Offline
Poster

As far as I know, no one has gone 12s in a RSX chassis all motor in street trim, ie not using slicks. I realize plenty have gone 12s using a slick already but I don't think any have done it on a Drag Radial, and this was the goal for the car. Wanted to get a Stock block, all motor RSX into the 12s the same way the car is driven every day on the street. The only 2 changes at the track were removing the passenger seat and rear bumper/bumper support. Took the rear bumper off more so for the drag effect, but we definitely saved 25-40lbs from the bumper and support combined, plus the passenger seat which is also heavy, 50-60lbs, it was probably close to 100lbs that we were able to get out at the track.

The differences this time since my last time in November of 2013 is new Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s up front w/ Hoosier Drag Radials 225/50/15. Also over winter, the car was dropped off @ KJBuilt's in CT, he's a master Honda tech and can do anything. He did my Koni Yellows, front and rear, front extended wheel studs, energy suspension front LCA bushing kit and installed new wheel studs for me. I have to say, I only made 2 passes, a lot of people were breaking on the track so there were a couple clean ups that took 45min-hour, but these Hoosiers hooked pretty good. Like I said I wasn't able to get much testing done, we were going to lower the pressure in them as the day went on but we were good after 2 passes, didn't feel like waiting another hour for a third. We did what we came there to do which was run 12s in a street driven RSX on street legal tires (Drag Radials). I was really surprised at the MPH which went up 4-5mph since the last time out at the track without adding anymore power.

http://youtu.be/mwtD32VA1Q8 - My Full Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxEQImC_IE - My buddies phone vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTETLiDYGM - ^^ x2

I really wish there was a scale there because I'm curious how light the car is now. If I were to guess I would say it's in the 2600's now with me in the car, just based on my trap and power level. So we hit the goal of 12s on a daily driven, street legal setup...now we're gonna try to go 12.50s on the drag radials, and might add some slicks over the summer w/ skinnies to try and dip into the low low 12s. Still think there's another 5-10hp in my exhaust setup which I'm going to change over the summer also...just trying to go faster.

Here's a list of my mods...

Stock K20Z1 Engine
Drag Cartel 2.2 Cams
Supertech Valvetrain Kit (Springs/Retainers)
PLM Race Header
ASP Ported RRC Intake Manifold
Hybrid Racing 74mm TB
4" Custom CAI w/ BPI Velocity Stack
Greddy Ti-C 70mm Exhaust (2.75")
Walbro 255
ID 1000cc Injectors
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail w/ SS Fuel Line
KPRO Tuned by Chris Harris @ Xenocron Tuning
Pump E85

250whp/165wtq

Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Koni Yellow Shocks F/R
Ignalls Camber Kit
Ignalls Torque Dampener
Innovative 75A Mounts 3 of 4 installed (no tranny mount)
ES MM inserts in stock tranny mount
Comp Super Single Clutch Kit w/ Flywheel (I think 7-8lbs, not sure)
2x Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 w/ Hoosier Drag Radials 225/50/15
2x Stock 05-06 RSX-S wheels w/ 215/45/17 tires (smaller than my rotas which are 225/45/17) aka ghetto skinnies

I have an ASP Budget Header being made and I'm going to order KTeller 3" Piping to go along w/ a Vibrant 3" Muffler to hopefully make a little more power, I think the current header/exhaust is the only thing holding me back.

Videos
#7642171 - 04/10/14 02:57 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: Kick to ze liver]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
wait. you pulled the bumpers off? seriously dude, wtf. I mean the doors are probably easier to pull off why didn't you do that too?

#7642902 - 04/10/14 10:58 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
NVMYMPGZ Offline
Sr Member

Loc: White Plains, NY
 Originally Posted By: stickaz
wait. you pulled the bumpers off? seriously dude, wtf. I mean the doors are probably easier to pull off why didn't you do that too?

lol do you even car bro?

#7643502 - 04/11/14 11:34 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: NVMYMPGZ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

My commuter is not missing any seats or structural components and has that covered easily. You don't want any of my toy car ;\)

Seriously, how could someone not hate on a sawzall catastrophe such as the car in the OP? Yeah bro, I'm really sure the header is what's holding that bucket back.

#7643907 - 04/11/14 02:29 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
NVMYMPGZ Offline
Sr Member

Loc: White Plains, NY
Your commuter also falls well short of 12 second land.

Really tho. you must be confused. Where do you see a sawzall being necessary?
The bumper on this car was pulled off in the pits via 6 screws. Passenger seat fell out with 4 12mm nuts. Both were safety re-secured before leaving the track.

I realize its easy to hate but you can do better than that... Tell us more about this super toy car

#7643933 - 04/11/14 02:46 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: NVMYMPGZ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I mean kudos for having a hobby and everything. My JB4/DCI/not much else 335 would crush that in anything you'd care to try. The garage toy runs a 10 on the bottle or a mid 11 on the motor. But who cares--there's always somebody faster. I don't want to shit on somebodys hobby or whatever but please. You guys are at the sawzall phase already.

What we have up in the OP is the working definition of " going too far"

let me guess: this is the next steps for you guys

#7645136 - 04/12/14 09:41 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
Kick to ze liver Offline
Poster

My JB4/DCI/not much else 335 would crush that in anything you'd care to try.

Your 335 kinda like this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKnyQ-xQrg
Lol.

Living in Cali, have fun with that 91 oct piss fuel. Your super fast 335 would need race fuel to beat my all motor 4 cylinder, lol pretty sad. On pump 91, you'd get crushed worse than the car in the video.

You're faster than post up a slip, until then stop comparing what some guys on the internet run to my times. My car is a daily driven street car, all motor 2 liter with a set of cams. LOL @ you trying to make it out into something that it's not, which is a cut up race car. As already posted, it took an entire 15 minutes to remove the seat and rear bumper and 15 to put it back on like it never left. I guess removing rear seat/spare/carpet and some panels is now cutting your car to a forum hater. always something to complain about. Lol @ comparing your boosted 6 cylinder that cost twice as much as my all motor 4 banger, lame.

Edited by Kick to ze liver (04/12/14 10:02 PM)

#7645390 - 04/13/14 12:38 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: Kick to ze liver]
ReplicaR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: E.E.B.
 Originally Posted By: Kick to ze liver
Lol @ comparing your boosted 6 cylinder that cost twice as much as my all motor 4 banger, lame.

Not really bagging on your car, but you get what you pay for. I've realized that with every project car I've ever owned

Acceleration.... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Handling......... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Speed............ \:\( ------+--- \:\)

#7645827 - 04/13/14 01:34 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: ReplicaR]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I haven't seen a hp/L argument yet, so there's always that..
My 335 runs a 12.5.... On 91.... Not missing any seats or other important structural/safety equipment such as bumpers/and whatever else. So that sounds like a loss to the tune of a city bus length for your world beating RSX. Whoopee, who cares, I know. Somewhere there's a Dsm or 350 laughing at both of us.

#7648325 - 04/15/14 07:15 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
DDirL Offline
Jr Member

Loc: NYC
lolz this thread went awesome!
#7648330 - 04/15/14 07:22 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: DDirL]
DDirL Offline
Jr Member

Loc: NYC
FYI I think honda shitboxes pickup a good 3 mph with the rear bumper out lolparachute
#7649341 - 04/15/14 02:28 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: DDirL]
nice david
Unregistered

I'm confused, did op crash during the pass or is this a theft recovery thread?
#7666058 - 04/26/14 01:22 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: ]
PsychoEBPSiR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Vancity,Canada
nice time,would think your 60ft time would be faster tho... I got multiple 2.0 60ft times with fuckin stock 185/60/14 steelies on my old 99 civic SiR,and nothing slower then a 2.1

maybe they were to hot or not hot enough..

#7666122 - 04/26/14 02:31 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: PsychoEBPSiR]
GB Offline
Sharesies!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Craigslist
 Originally Posted By: PsychoEBPSiR
nice time,would think your 60ft time would be faster tho... I got multiple 2.0 60ft times with fuckin stock 185/60/14 steelies on my old 99 civic SiR,and nothing slower then a 2.1

Because driver mod?

#7667910 - 04/27/14 11:41 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: PsychoEBPSiR]
Kick to ze liver Offline
Poster

Originally Posted By: PsychoEBPSiR

Yeah it also depends a lot on the chassis of the car, sounds like you were in a much lighter car than my RSX...also these were my only 2 launches ever on the tires, not using a launch limiter, I think there's a 1.8-1.9 in them for sure.

#7667912 - 04/27/14 11:42 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
Kick to ze liver Offline
Poster

I haven't seen a hp/L argument yet, so there's always that..
My 335 runs a 12.5.... On 91.... Not missing any seats or other important structural/safety equipment such as bumpers/and whatever else. So that sounds like a loss to the tune of a city bus length for your world beating RSX. Whoopee, who cares, I know. Somewhere there's a Dsm or 350 laughing at both of us.

50K on car + mods to go 12.50. Clap clap clap...

#7667923 - 04/27/14 11:46 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: ReplicaR]
Kick to ze liver Offline
Poster

Originally Posted By: ReplicaR
 Originally Posted By: Kick to ze liver
Lol @ comparing your boosted 6 cylinder that cost twice as much as my all motor 4 banger, lame.

Not really bagging on your car, but you get what you pay for. I've realized that with every project car I've ever owned

So what's your point? That he paid 3x more to run 4 tenths faster than an all motor 4 cylinder in a stock chassis. Nothing is impressive about that, most modded 335s will run deep into the 12s and if you were actually fast, like my buddies N54, you'd be in the 11s. It's not very difficult to make these cars fast.

#7668291 - 04/28/14 09:33 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: Kick to ze liver]
ReplicaR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: E.E.B.
My point is that 335 is a lot better car in virtually every single way than hopped up RSX. When you have to daily drive your projects, I find there is nothing more annoying than dealing with compromises in comfort and drivability caused by the mods you have done. Maybe it's the age thing, but most of the time, when I'm not hauling ass at the track, I'm sitting in traffic on the way to and from work. All I'm looking at that point is just a little piece and quiet, some time to unwind after a hard day at work. I'd much rather pay more money for a 335 that can do the same as your car or better, and know that I can do it all, not just some. Go fast and do it in comfort. Maybe that's just me, or maybe not, because if that would be the case, 335s wouldn't be do popular.

Acceleration.... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Handling......... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Speed............ \:\( ------+--- \:\)

#7670884 - 04/29/14 03:47 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: ReplicaR]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I will punch myself in the nuts for spending too much on my commuter to not be much faster than some guys RSX "racer" that seems to be missing a substantial amount of structural components.

Curious what racing class this gutted honda fits into? internet HP/L grudgematches? ET vs dollar?

or only ET vs dollar when compared to more expensive cars... and then when looking at faster [and cheaper] cars he switches the gambit to HP/L most likely or the next most convenient excuse down the list.

Good stuff

also on a sidenote: for a chip and 91 octane and a cone air filter, my commuter is plenty fast. I don't need to compare to someone elses more heavily modded car because who cares? To me it was/is a good compromise for a nice daily driver that is kinda quick, I couldnt think of anything better to buy at the time.

#7674333 - 05/01/14 04:48 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: stickaz_old]
Professor Paki Administrator Offline
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Is OP stuck in 2002?
#7677066 - 05/02/14 11:41 PM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: Professor Paki]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Nice to see stickaz banging it out like the good ol days in here

Op is retarded

#7677140 - 05/03/14 03:19 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: Professor Paki]
B15Sentra Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bay Area, CA
 Originally Posted By: pakisho
Is OP stuck in 2002?

I remember getting excited in 03' about my WRX running a 12.92. That was also on street tires with the bumper installed!

Now I drive a 135i that is well into the 12s with barely any work and an absolute pleasure to drive. Feeling superior.

#7678090 - 05/04/14 09:05 AM Re: Fastest Stock 2 Liter Block RSX in the Country [Re: B15Sentra ]
ScottStaypuff Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ohio

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads