Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#7365904 - 10/31/13 10:21 AM Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now...
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
It's all over thestar.com ...

(For those that haven't figured out how to 'fix' TheStar's paywall, block cookies from the site, and delete any cookies you already have from *thestar*)

#7365936 - 10/31/13 10:29 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: furball]
fatredcircIe Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Pickering
or load the page and stop it before it finishes loading.
or use private / incognito mode.

#7366077 - 10/31/13 11:22 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: fatredcircIe]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
any charges or just a bunch of story telling?...

Quote:
Based on the video, there is nothing now that would support laying a criminal charge against Ford, Blair said.
Blair said he has seen the video. His reaction? “As a citizen of the city, I am disappointed.”

err

I think the PMO scandal is a bigger deal

#7366122 - 10/31/13 11:40 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
meh

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7366176 - 10/31/13 12:15 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
But we should allow low income housing units in the condos on the waterfront...
We should get the poor people to live like the rich and have the middle class pay for it.

#7366187 - 10/31/13 12:22 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
But we should allow low income housing units in the condos on the waterfront...
We should get the poor people to live like the rich and have the middle class pay for it.

#7366312 - 10/31/13 01:06 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
if all this turns out to be true, i hope he can apologize to the 2 star reporters and that gawker guy and then step down. i support his agenda, i don't care about his personal life, but i can't back anyone that's a bold faced liar.

and this ana bailao with the waterfront housing for the poor. wtf? it's going to cost 20mil for something like 70 units? i'm sure that same money would buy a lot more if it wasn't prime location. and like someone said on the radio, it's in a location that isn't established. there won't be any services and only minimal public transport, and you're going to be lower income people there?

and with the senate scandal, those 2 need to step down as well. take your lumps. and THEN go an expose whatever the PMO did.

There's no credibility anywhere in politics.

#7367028 - 10/31/13 07:20 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: 4Three]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/30/...-rob-ford-says/

wow.

i don't care that rob ford did/does crack. i just think he shouldn't have denied it.

if he was a pretty boy like trudeau, i'm sure he wouldn't take so much heat. either way, when the video comes out, he'll have to resign for lying to the public.

#7367510 - 11/01/13 08:07 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: zaius]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: zaius
he'll have to resign for lying to the public.

From what I gather, no he doesn't.

Its different on the Municipal level, they can't force him out. He has clearly stated that he won't resign and if it all comes out like its being suggested, I have a feeling he still won't resign. In fact I think the numbers were showing that the majority of people will still vote for him (not me I think he's an idiot).

Apart from resigning the only way he can be removed from office is if he is arrested and convicted and has to do jail time.

#7367545 - 11/01/13 08:23 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Best mayor Toronto has had for a while, a little crack never hurt anyone.

#7367546 - 11/01/13 08:23 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

The government is a bunch of shitbags.

#7367587 - 11/01/13 08:36 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: JEFFOS]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

#7367608 - 11/01/13 08:48 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
if he is arrested and convicted and has to do jail time.
and the chief said theres nothing hes seen yet that would lead to an arrest

so this is just more circus bs.

#7367634 - 11/01/13 09:01 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Pretty much!
#7367667 - 11/01/13 09:15 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

how the PM bullshit isnt getting more attention I dont know.

way bigger story imho

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/10/30/ho...or-be-dismissed

#7367681 - 11/01/13 09:19 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
^^ What we need is for Wright to come out and say he resigned to save face for the PM, a big F-YOU, but he's probably going to get another conservative gig somewhere else, so he's keeping his mouth shut.
#7367692 - 11/01/13 09:23 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

ya hes loaded and likely has too much future coin on the line to do that.

I like how the senators are attempting to burn it all down though and wont go down without a fight.

Harper is a lying pos and is one of the worst PM's ever. been saying that he is scum since day one.

#7368637 - 11/01/13 03:19 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz8_IafGwE

#7368864 - 11/01/13 05:14 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
ya hes loaded and likely has too much future coin on the line to do that.

I like how the senators are attempting to burn it all down though and wont go down without a fight.

Harper is a lying pos and is one of the worst PM's ever. been saying that he is scum since day one.

worst than JEan? or Brian Mulroney?

#7369027 - 11/01/13 06:47 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: c2k]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Way worse than JC. JC had balls

#7369491 - 11/02/13 08:29 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
lol

awesome

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/01/mayors-popularity-rises-in-face-of-crack-video-scandal

Mayor's popularity rises in face of crack video scandal

TORONTO - “Do not press an enemy that is cornered” -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Mayor Rob Ford is in a corner and the jackals are swirling.

But he’s not dead yet and appears to be prepared to fight on.

A new Forum Research poll shows the mayor’s approval rating post Chief Bill Blair’s confirmation of an alleged crack video gained five points from 39% to 44%.

Not so fast, those sizing up the mayor’s potentially vacant chief magistrate’s chair.

Who knows what next week’s phone call intercept revelations will show or how high an approval rating Ford will go as a result?

Few are changing the channel on this drama.

Ford is down but still holds some cards — the biggest being he is still the mayor with a mandate for one more year.

You can’t fire an elected mayor.

Not because his supporters or enemies on council believe he should be. Not because those behind a political-assassination-script are rolling it out on queue. Not because newspapers have called for his resignation.

And certainly not because the chief is “disappointed and concerned.”

Even if police end up charging Ford, they still can’t sack him.

Only the voters can.

Ford could choose to fire himself by resigning.

It doesn’t look like he will take this advice he has been receiving from so many.

“The job is his life and he loves it,” his lawyer Dennis Morris said Friday. “I don’t see him giving it up.”

But who really knows where this runaway train will stop.

Maybe not even embattled Ford himself.

Perhaps it will become clearer in Sunday’s much anticipated The City radio show on Newstalk 1010. The show may be make-it-or-break-it time for the mayor, who has used up eight of his nine political cat lives.

He owes Toronto an explanation for all that has been exposed that appears to capture loutish and bizarre behaviour.

Perhaps he will ask for the cost of spying on him for five months and if the police had anything else they could have been doing. Maybe he will ask why an outside police service was not called in for fear of the conflict of interest this action would cause between the chief and mayor at police budget time.

Mostly he should just talk to Toronto and tell the truth.

However Ford decides to proceed, the talk show is the best place to attempt to explain himself, apologize, announce his intentions, push back, or — if he chooses — resign.

It might be time for a little contrition, humility and some assurance to the public that he has two hands on the steering wheel and plans to keep them there.

But who knows with the mayor right now? How he navigates forward is anybody’s guess.

He seems to have a “Rob Ford against the world” approach. His world crashed down this week — much of it self-inflicted.

However, while it’s clear his behaviour has appeared delinquent and brutish, it does not mean everyone else’s need to be.

This is a feeding frenzy, the knives are out and there is blood in the water. Opponents mustering in a lynch-mob pack approach can smell the kill and just about everybody else is running away from the potential carnage to attempt to make sure none of blood splatter lands on them.

That’s politics.

But this is a human being, a husband and father who may need compassion, medical assistance, love or even intervention. Maybe he needs a kick in the butt. He is certainly entitled to due process and presumption of innocence like everyone else.

Deserved or not, the irony of the collective attempting to push Ford over the political cliff is the more they pile on, the more he has no choice other than to fight back.

He was elected to do the job no matter how many critics don’t feel he is worthy.

The bottom line, no matter how much poor judgment he has shown around his many talents and achievements, democracy states a mayor can’t be removed just because there is a chanting choir desiring it.

The new poll may not get the same kind of headlines but the opponents will take note.

As Sun Tzu said “if you surround the enemy, leave an outlet” because such a back-to-the-wall warrior has nothing to lose.

#7369503 - 11/02/13 08:58 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

i'm all for keeping ford in power.

there's less socialized bullshit and tax increases with him around.

#7369543 - 11/02/13 09:55 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: zaius]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

lulz, Ford is using my lawyer.

mahnigga.gif

#7369548 - 11/02/13 09:58 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Risky Business]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

this guy?

http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/17/this-is-the-most-wonderful-legal-threat-ever/

i hope thats a fake, hehe

#7370886 - 11/03/13 12:40 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Risky Business]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
 Originally Posted By: Яeesky Beeznuss
lulz, Ford is using my lawyer.

mahnigga.gif

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

#7372027 - 11/04/13 09:50 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Kid Bro Sweets]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Would you guys rather have Karen Stintz as a mayor???

#7372189 - 11/04/13 10:57 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: civic13]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nope

https://vine.co/v/hjw7hzE9jKw

#7372262 - 11/04/13 11:38 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: JEFFOS]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

i think Patrick Roy should be our next mayor!

#7375014 - 11/05/13 11:49 AM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
ender_1M Offline
PRAISE GOD!!!
Post Master Sr

Loc: Ont., Canada
And so he did, but the media didn't ask the right questions apparently LOL. On the front page of BBC News.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24824651

#7375125 - 11/05/13 12:28 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: ender_1M]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
it's pretty clear that he FINALLY realized there was no use denying it any further. some say that his surprise drop-in on am640 yesterday was what opened his eyes. essentially the birthplace of 'ford-nation', john oakley grilled him about the crack and all he could do was deflect.

it's a step in the right direction. take your lumps, step down, and let the city progress. he's started the city in the right direction with accountability and fiscal responsibility but he can no longer be the symbol of that. staying around will be to the detriment of the cause.

#7375229 - 11/05/13 01:08 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: 4Three]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three
it's a step in the evident direction. take your lumps, dont resign, have the city re-elect you and let the city be a laughing stock.

#7375380 - 11/05/13 02:00 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

laughing stock of what?
no one cares except retards

#7375665 - 11/05/13 03:21 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
^it's making international news now.

proud day to be a torontonian

#7375668 - 11/05/13 03:22 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: titty sprinkles]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

any publicity is good publicity.

#7375710 - 11/05/13 03:33 PM Re: Ford crack scandal shit is exploding right now... [Re: Euphoricuck]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
How's this for publicity?
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/11/01/2872601/5-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-worse-smoking-crack/

Awesome things Ford has done:

1. Voted against AIDS funding because “If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably.” “‘These are the facts,’ he added when asked if he backed his earlier comments. According to the United Nations, the majority of those affected with AIDS are heterosexual, non-drug users.” [City News Toronto, 6/29/06]

2. Used a racial slur against a member of the city council. “Day 3 of council’s week-long budget deliberations degenerated into chaos briefly after an outraged Mammoliti accused Ford of calling him a “Gino boy,” a term used to disparage Italian Canadians.” Two other council members confirmed Ford used the slur, but he blamed a “left-wing conspiracy.” [Toronto Star, 3/7/02]

3. Solicited money from lobbyists on city letterhead for the Rob Ford Football Foundation, his private charity. He then participated in a city council vote to drop an investigation into the matter. [City News Toronto, 1/25/13]

4. Proposed eliminating the city’s watchdog agencies, after they targeted him for misconduct. “You don’t need a lobbyist registry, an ombudsman and an integrity commissioner. They have 20 people; they’re tripping over themselves. They’re trying to make themselves look busy.” [Toronto Star, 10/25/12]

5. Said “Oriental people” are “taking over” Toronto because “they work like dogs.” Later, he largely defended his comments, claiming it was a compliment. [City News Toronto, 3/06/08]

XD XD XD XD

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads