Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

#7188291 - 07/19/13 06:10 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
*bump* for csi entertainment value

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7189800 - 07/21/13 08:19 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Good ride today...glad I held my puke in.

4Three, not freaking bad for a first time...jesus.

Wayne what happened to you? Y U NO COME?

Lesson of the day is I climb that "hill" at 1/4 of the speed of everyone else lulz wat dat 207 lbs body weight do? Also, new personal record I hit 59km/h chasing Henry down that hill.

Edited by Stable Business (07/21/13 08:32 AM)

#7189827 - 07/21/13 09:19 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
It was great getting out and riding with you guys. Thanks 4age for the bike and tips. Seems like a sport I can get into ... if I can get into it on the cheap :P

Three things i learned today:
1) the tucked position takes getting used to. shoulders, upper back and especially the neck are gonna feel it.
2) single speed is pretty nuts, but it's pretty challenging too. i don't know how 4age did the fixed gear thing.
3) bike-butt level: novice. that saddle ...

#7189829 - 07/21/13 09:31 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4Three]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's not cheap, but it's not crazy.

I spent:

$1,000 bike
$100 helmet (needed)
$220 shoes (optional)
$52 pump (needed)
$30 iphone holder (optinal)

The shoes and jersey are optional. You saw the shorts I wore, I am used to it now so I will wait on the bibs until I get a better deal or I might buy from amazon.com / wiggle.com

Also, I am pretty sure that 4age was toying with the idea of selling that bike you rode too, so consider this the test ride ;\) He probably had it planned all along

You can also find shoes/accessories on kijiji. Another good website I found is http://www.wiggle.com

#7189852 - 07/21/13 09:55 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Yeah good ride guys.
But yeesh, everyone needs to learn to warm up. The pace was pretty high right from the get go! That "hill" Vas speaks of is actually not shabby. I didnt know there was 1 hill out there \:\) That would be the only hill of the ride imo.

The Cannondale is not for sale man! I'm always tempted to sell it, but I won't sell it.

What I learned today: SHANE IS FAST.
WTF. First time out, on a bike he never rode before... in traffic which he is not comfortable in... with platform pedals, and handicapped by my dumb decision to single speed out the Cannondale. He still rocked it.

Euphoric, where you at? \:D He definitely filled your shoes today BAHAHA
oh and...downhills just suck. Those are the worst \:\( \:\( \:\(

XD XD XD XD

#7189859 - 07/21/13 10:00 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Oh and Vas - to get faster, stop surginggggggggg!
Find a pace and stick with it. And attempt to hold it for the duration of your ride.
Especially in a group scenario, you want the pace to be relatively consistent. If you want to accelerate the group to a higher velocity, move the speed up gradually and slowly.

You'll notice that at the beginning when I was pulling, we were holding like a 33--including up the inclines. That's the way to do it \:D

XD XD XD XD

#7189866 - 07/21/13 10:15 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Well you mofos made me lead as if I know wtf I am doing so I wasn't sure what pace to keep and I didn't realize 4Three is a freaking animal either.

You know you are getting PWN3D when the guy who hasn't ridden flies by you on a SINGLE SPEED UP A HILL. When he did that hulk rage ensued in my head. I stayed with him for a bit and then I felt the puke coming up and I thought it would be GNSP...I was wasted.

So going forward I am thinking of doing a longer ride at a more comfortable pace. My goal is to average 30km/h on this 20km route by end of summer. How should I tackle it, keep doing the route or start doing longer rides to break it up and work on endurance/etc?

Or maybe I should just go to that hill and do it 5 times up/down during every ride...?

#7189871 - 07/21/13 10:20 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Stable Business
Well you mofos made me lead as if I know wtf I am doing so I wasn't sure what pace to keep and I didn't realize 4Three is a freaking animal either.

You know you are getting PWN3D when the guy who hasn't ridden flies by you on a SINGLE SPEED UP A HILL. When he did that hulk rage ensued in my head. I stayed with him for a bit and then I felt the puke coming up and I thought it would be GNSP...I was wasted.

So going forward I am thinking of doing a longer ride at a more comfortable pace. My goal is to average 30km/h on this 20km route by end of summer. How should I tackle it, keep doing the route or start doing longer rides to break it up and work on endurance/etc?

ROFLROFL best post ever.
I'd do longer rides. You clearly have the strength, but lack the lungs. A 20km route just isn't going to cut it. You need to go longer. Gun for 50km. Keep it an easy ride, and maybe start it off keeping an avg of 25kph for now. A longer ride is going to do more for your cardio than a 20km one. You need to get accustomed to recovering while on the bike, and while at speed. Once you can do that, you'll be good to go (to break 30kmh avg).

PS you seriously make 30kmh seem like the sound barrier or something XD

XD XD XD XD

#7189879 - 07/21/13 10:25 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

LOL sound barrier.

I timed myself on a regular ride that didn't have as much change in elevation and I was coasting at 34km/h for 16km and didn't break a sweat. I am saying for 30kmh on that particular route would be good.

Longer rides it is then. On the way back when you pulled away I stayed with you and pulled on Henry and wanted to pass you both mofos (show you how it's done ) got close, but then again man I felt some Greek lentil soup making its way up my throat. What a joke.

#7189882 - 07/21/13 10:27 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

BTW, did one of you come in that S5?

#7189887 - 07/21/13 10:30 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

LOL sound barrier.

I timed myself on a regular ride that didn't have as much change in elevation and I was coasting at 34km/h for 16km and didn't break a sweat. I am saying for 30kmh on that particular route would be good.

Longer rides it is then. On the way back when you pulled away I stayed with you and pulled on Henry and wanted to pass you both mofos (show you how it's done ) got close, but then again man I felt some Greek lentil soup making its way up my throat. What a joke.

LOL That's good!
It means you're really pushing yourself! You're obviously really willing to give full gas as often as possible. You'll gain cycling fitness really quick (bc u arent afraid of dishing out the pain).

And uhh. I totally was just drafting Henry man \:\)
Next time out I'll put on a bigger gear so we can have more fun <3
You doing 34kph on flats with ease is excellent. Clearly, both you and henry are sprinter types. I will have no hope to keep up with you two on flats after you guys get some more miles in your legs.

XD XD XD XD

#7189888 - 07/21/13 10:32 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

BTW, did one of you come in that S5?

LOL no.
Henry rode there, 4three took his gokart and I drove my cow.

XD XD XD XD

#7189903 - 07/21/13 10:46 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
I was going to say, Vas should concentrate more on endurance rather than pure power, especially when just starting out. Even experienced riders will do "base" training at the start of a season which is lots of spinning and not pushing the big gears. I agree with 4age Risky, stop worrying about ultimate power and speed and get some miles under those legs, the rest will eventually follow.
#7189938 - 07/21/13 11:25 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: robbbby]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
That being said, hill repeats are good too. I do them but it's to get better going up hills.
I wish I could have made it today guys. Next time.

#7189959 - 07/21/13 11:56 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 355-Si]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
So Vas, you finally realized just how much of animals those guys are.....
#7190008 - 07/21/13 12:44 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: 4age
everyone needs to learn to warm up.
aint nobody got time for dat

buwhahhahahah @ sound barrier. longer and slower ftw.

#7190187 - 07/21/13 04:19 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
w00t, broke into the 28km/h avg on same route. Makes me feel good on regular roads I trend at above 30km/h, it's that hill at the 8km mark that fucks me up and takes the wind out of me...rest of the ride I am wasted as you can see I just keep going slower and slower lol

what app is that?

I didnt have my boy today, I went for a 2 hour bike ride and it would had been nice to track the milage I rode today.

Maybe if I was as hardcore as euphoric, I'd probably bike all the way to markham, ride w/ you guys and then ride all the way back to mississauga.

#7190231 - 07/21/13 05:18 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: c2k]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

you guys are much too kind. vas, when we were on that hill, i'd been riding in the back up till then, 4age and henry sped off, so i thought i'd take a turn letting you ride the draft. later on henry took us on a detour and on our way down 9th back to 7, within 2 blocks they pulled 1/2 a block on me.

i've got a long way to go, but it was really fun so i'll see if i can get an el cheapo bike. something ugly and cheap that won't fall apart; it just needs 2 wheels and a saddle, and has to pack away into my trunk so i can come out and play.

europhic is much too modest to say, but if he ever got on a bike, he'd fuck up the earth's rotation. at the very least, they'd have to repave the roads due to all the burnt rubber. true story.

#7190247 - 07/21/13 05:31 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4Three]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
When is the real ride on dirt happening?
#7190318 - 07/21/13 06:41 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: robbbby]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
No group picture? \:D

#7190364 - 07/21/13 07:22 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: civic13]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Fuck I rode today to a BBQ and maxed at 30 miles per hour I was reding the above posts and was thinking wtf an average speed of 30 mph for vas that is fast?? I just noticed it was kph.

#7190502 - 07/21/13 09:06 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: JEFFOS]
SiRice Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Markham
Wish I could have rode with you guys so I ended up going out later the only hill I know that is close by, averages at a 2.1% grade but maxes at 5%. I went up it 4 times and my calfs were hurting to the point of spasms . I have a long way to go but I'm happy with it being my 4th time out this year.

It sure takes a long time to get back to speed when you haven't ridden in a while. Love the group rides, let's keep them going!

#7190508 - 07/21/13 09:11 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4Three]
SiRice Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Markham
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
you guys are much too kind. vas, when we were on that hill, i'd been riding in the back up till then, 4age and henry sped off, so i thought i'd take a turn letting you ride the draft. later on henry took us on a detour and on our way down 9th back to 7, within 2 blocks they pulled 1/2 a block on me.

i've got a long way to go, but it was really fun so i'll see if i can get an el cheapo bike. something ugly and cheap that won't fall apart; it just needs 2 wheels and a saddle, and has to pack away into my trunk so i can come out and play.

europhic is much too modest to say, but if he ever got on a bike, he'd fuck up the earth's rotation. at the very least, they'd have to repave the roads due to all the burnt rubber. true story.

Damn Shane, you're a beast. I wish I could have done that on my first time out.

#7190626 - 07/21/13 10:51 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: SiRice]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just came back from a wedding...no idea wtf is going on but 4three is a monster and he is being humble.

Other than that, i got a lot of work ahead of me.

Jeff, post your strava. Your top speed means nothing without the elevation, I could hold 80kmh on a flat road, no elevation data, no care. ;\)

#7190640 - 07/21/13 11:08 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
It's not a comparison - only went 7.5km from a BBQ one way with the app on. I just downloaded it. The point to my post was that I misread your post and thought wtf who runs at 30mph as their average (almost 50km/hr). I did not notice you had kilometers at first.

Ill post more data as I use it more.

#7190649 - 07/21/13 11:13 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Add me on strava or post up your username...mine is... (check pm)

It's good to keep tabs on progress. H0LLA

If you can't find me, just pm me your strava name.

#7190847 - 07/22/13 07:23 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

FYI to all interested parties:
We're looking to make this a weekly thing.
Sundays--every Sunday. 8AM.

I'm thinking to do Leslie/Hwy7 as the meeting point, as it's somewhat central for everyone. Meeting at the Tim Hortons--same route as our first time out.
Whoever can make it, will make it. I'll put together a weekly PM list. But post here if you'd like to be added.

XD XD XD XD

#7190863 - 07/22/13 07:38 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
^^ Thats a good location, and a good route.
#7190871 - 07/22/13 07:43 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am probably out for weekend group rides due to wedding coming up.

Should be good in a month, plus it will give me more time to train.

#7190903 - 07/22/13 08:08 AM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

dont be weak!!!!!!!!!!!

XD XD XD XD

#7191750 - 07/22/13 01:57 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

i went out for a lunch ride to get a baseline for myself.

i'm far from a beast. avg was 25.2 kph. max was 48.6 kph (not fast but still 12kph faster than i did on the mountain bike :P). legs couldn't spin fast enough at some stretches. i found out today that wind can be a bit of a pain. also sitting on that saddle really felt more like trying to balance my ass on a pair of billiard balls.

i did find a 'nice' stretch on elgin mills that's got a climb of 3.9% grade at one point (according to strava, it's like a 14m elevation over 500m, i don't know how that stacks up). i was standing on the pedals, tugging on the bars for dear life, and cursing for some gears trying to get up that.

if anyone is pedaling without the clip-in shoes, i find that pointing your toes downwards helps. maybe it reduces loss from having your foot flex.

#7191788 - 07/22/13 02:15 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4Three]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
wind succccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccks

#7191799 - 07/22/13 02:19 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4Three]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three
also sitting on that saddle really felt more like trying to balance my ass on a pair of billiard balls.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good to hear you're riding the bike!
Going out and finding hills to attack on a bike which is foreign to you + head wind + during lunch hour + 1 gear + platform pedals = monster status.

Did you also do it with a sack of rice on your back while wearing the baggiest possible clothes?

XD XD XD XD

#7191876 - 07/22/13 02:40 PM Re: Cyclists sign in! CSI Ride? [Re: 4age]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I remember riding my BMX bike to HS and blaming my tardiness on the wind.

Page 11 of 21 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads