Page 41 of 65 « First<3940414243>Last »
Topic Options
#6118607 - 02/07/12 01:45 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Please blame any typos on my executive assistant
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: DieZel

buy some damn chicken breasts and cook them ahead of time man...

I fucking hate reheated chicken off the grill, shit gets so hard in the fridge and then always gets stuck in my teeth for some reason. Hate it with a passion, sorry.

Quote:
what's your training schedule look like...? what time do you train...?

Training schedule is Monday - Wednesday - Friday for lifting and Tuesday - Thursday for cardio.

Lifting I had been going late at night, around 9pm, just so it wasn't so busy in there and I could get one of the two racks available. Yesterday I went at 4:30pm and it was packed as shit but the wait wasn't long, not too many people use the racks. I felt pretty good yesterday doing it sooner so I'm going to keep that going.

Cardio I go around 7pm or so usually for one hour on the elliptical, heart rate stays around 120bpm, my resting heart rate is 58bpm.
2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate

#6118642 - 02/07/12 01:55 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
time for a crock pot buddy.

#6118783 - 02/07/12 02:30 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
do your chicken in the oven and broil it... it'll keep the jucies in it more than drying them out on the grill...

your heart rate should be more in the 140 range for fat burning...

since you workout so late in the evening, you can get away with taking in carbs after your workout, and you really SHOULD if you want to add lean mass... avoid them on your cardio days after your workout, but use them on your training days... you have a 1 hour window to feed those muscles, and carbs will help shuttle nutirents in alot quicker and maximize your training...

also you should be trying to get some slow release protien before bed, or some BCAA supplement to feed your muscles when you sleep...

#6118828 - 02/07/12 02:42 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

your heart rate should be more in the 140 range for fat burning...

Something I just read...

"Like so many techniques in fitness and fat loss, there are diverse opinions and conclusions. However most people agree that a heart rate of 60-70% of your maximum is best when you are aiming to burn fat and are on a reduced calorie diet. At this zone more calories are burned from fat (during the exercise)."

60-70% for my means 112 - 130 bpm.

Now it is true that you still burn more calories overall at higher intensities, it's just not as efficient I guess you could say. This explains it pretty well: http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/a/The-Truth-About-The-Fat-Burning-Zone.htm

Quote:
also you should be trying to get some slow release protien before bed, or some BCAA supplement to feed your muscles when you sleep...

I drink a protein shake after my work out which also has 6g of BCAAs. Should be good?

#6118910 - 02/07/12 03:01 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
LOL at fat burning zone

As long as you don't eat more calories than you burn off, any fat that isn't burned off during exercise will be oxidized to cover energy needs later on. Fuck a bunch of zones. Just work your ass off and get to it!

#6118942 - 02/07/12 03:09 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

... you have a 1 hour window to feed those muscles, and carbs will help shuttle nutirents in alot quicker and maximize your training...

The one hour window thing is a myth. You have far longer to do that. The most important thing is your daily nutrition totals.

http://www.muscledog.com/article/view/149/MYTHBUSTERS_THE_POST_WORKOUT_WINDOW

Quote:

Given what was stated in the article above, that you have more on the order of 24-48 hours, you don't have to do this, either. It isn't going to hurt anything, so long as you have accounted for it in your calorie calculations, but it's not strictly necessary, either.

#6118969 - 02/07/12 03:22 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Silock]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Val....your hour on the elliptical is just okay. Look at it this way: would you be able to go out and run for an hour straight right now? Exactly. You'd probably last about 10 minutes (even at a slow pace) before you were walking.

If you're dedicating one of your workout days to doing cardio....make it count. You wouldn't go into the weight room on your lifting days and just half-ass it would you?

#6118973 - 02/07/12 03:24 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Mr. Mom

If you're dedicating one of your workout days to doing cardio....make it count. You wouldn't go into the weight room on your lifting days and just half-ass it would you?

No I wouldn't, but then again I actually like lifting. Cardio, I hate. I do what I can and it's better than nothing. \:\)

#6119034 - 02/07/12 03:43 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
I too hate cardio on a machine. Get outside, ride a bike, run with your dog/wife/both, play a sport, cross train etc.

I also like being in shape more than just looking like it, so I like to take a couple cardio workouts a week and really push the anaerobic/recovery side as well. Intervals, sprints, stairs etc.

#6119270 - 02/07/12 04:54 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
mrnismo Offline
Post Master

Loc: PCB
 Originally Posted By: Andy Rooneymanian

No I wouldn't, but then again I actually like lifting. Cardio, I hate. I do what I can and it's better than nothing. \:\)

I do too man, it's boring as fuck to me. That's why I like HIIT cardio. 20 minutes including warmup and you're toast. Like Drew said, screw all that zone stuff just bust your ass for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week and it's all the cardio you need for your goal.

#6119349 - 02/07/12 05:20 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Silock]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Silock
LOL at fat burning zone

As long as you don't eat more calories than you burn off, any fat that isn't burned off during exercise will be oxidized to cover energy needs later on. Fuck a bunch of zones. Just work your ass off and get to it!

if FFA's are floating around your bloodstream they can end up redpositing themselves as fat stores elswehere in the body... and there's no afterburn when doing steady state cardio work especially at a low hear rate of 120... when you're done you're basically done burning calories at that point...

the higher your heart rate the more cals you will burn during and in the hours following... HIIT can allow you to burn more calories for what 24-48 hours AFTER you finish the cardio...? this is assuming that you truly push yourself, and bring the sympathetic nervous system into play where your flight of fight hormones can be secreted (chatecolamines) which will allow you to burn more fat...

if you're not sweating and just poking along you may as well just walk around your living room man...

but i agree with your last sentence for sure, work your ass off...

#6119358 - 02/07/12 05:22 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

elliptical is bullshit IMO... get on the treadmill and if you don't like running, walk on an incline at a 4mph clip... you can really get your hearrate up and a sweat going if you jack up the incline...

treadmill > elliptical...

#6119375 - 02/07/12 05:26 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

just a note on the HIIT training... don't overdo them... 1 or 2 times a week is plenty to accelerate the fat loss... if you over do them and try and do them 3-4 times a week, you will likely end up being counterproductive...
#6119626 - 02/07/12 07:09 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

if FFA's are floating around your bloodstream they can end up redpositing themselves as fat stores elswehere in the body... and there's no afterburn when doing steady state cardio work especially at a low hear rate of 120... when you're done you're basically done burning calories at that point...

None of that really matters. It's all part of calorie burning. Even IF the fat redeposits itself, if you're in a caloric deficit for the day, it will be burned off to cover other energy needs. It all works out in the end.

Quote:
the higher your heart rate the more cals you will burn during and in the hours following... HIIT can allow you to burn more calories for what 24-48 hours AFTER you finish the cardio...? this is assuming that you truly push yourself, and bring the sympathetic nervous system into play where your flight of fight hormones can be secreted (chatecolamines) which will allow you to burn more fat...

if you're not sweating and just poking along you may as well just walk around your living room man...

but i agree with your last sentence for sure, work your ass off...

IMO, all this stress about hormones and timing and all that jazz is just unnecessary. You know when you are half-assing it. Just don't do that, lift hard, eat right and get plenty of rest. The rest are just unnecessary details.

#6119636 - 02/07/12 07:14 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

just a note on the HIIT training... don't overdo them... 1 or 2 times a week is plenty to accelerate the fat loss... if you over do them and try and do them 3-4 times a week, you will likely end up being counterproductive...

I agree that 2 times is okay, but I disagree that doing it more is counterproductive. Once you get in shape, you can do it a lot with no ill effects. I play soccer 5-6 times per week, which is basically an extended HIIT session each time. I've managed to build muscle and lose fat doing it.

Your results may vary, of course. I just wouldn't be so quick to jump on the "it's bad" bandwagon. It's all highly individual. If you find that doing it more than twice a week hurts progress, then stop. If not, there's no reason not to.

#6119681 - 02/07/12 07:33 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Silock]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

I too have played soccer, probably not at the level you did, and while it is interval work, is it truly HIIT...?

Are you gassing yourself over and over during a game...? I know you will sprint and then return to a lower level of activity repeatedly, but your sprints aren't typically in the 30 second range, probably more like 8-12...?

i mean i typically played midfield which seemed to be the most active players on the field most times...

#6119806 - 02/07/12 08:42 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Back 5 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
Lol if you don't think you are exhausted after a 90 minute soccer match. How do you know so little about sports and fitness looking like you did?

#6119846 - 02/07/12 08:52 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

I never said you may not be exhausted AFTER the game is complete, may even be tired as fuck during the game at times, but there's a big difference between sprinting off and on for 8 seconds at a time and 30 seconds at time...

there are PLENTY of breaks in the action in a soccer game, so don't try and make it out to be that it's the most tiresome thing in the world... any person in reasonable cardiovascualr shape can play a soccer game... and while you're playing you're also getting blows here and there and taking in fluids as well...

playing a soccer game is not the same level of intensity as a full blown HIIT session... now i haven't played at the highest levels, but did play on club teams in my first 2 years at college so i've played on more than a high school level...

soccer is an awesome cardiovascualr workout... not questioning that...

#6119988 - 02/07/12 09:43 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

You don't have to sprint for 30 full seconds every time you sprint in order for you to be doing HIIT. There are several programs that focus on 5-15 second sprinting periods, as well as the longer ones. 30 seconds is just about the max that you can actually maintain a full-on sprint, anyway.

How long the sprints last depends upon a variety of factors. When I play indoor, my sprints are much longer, but then, so are my breaks because of subbing out. Outdoor is a bit different, but then, it lasts 40 more minutes than an indoor game does. The last time I tracked my activity for a game, it was 2 miles of sprinting, 4 miles of jogging and 1 mile of walking pace. Not an exact replica of HIIT that takes 20 minutes in a gym, but it's pretty close to the recovery protocol and activity intervals.

#6120143 - 02/07/12 10:29 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

elliptical is bullshit IMO... get on the treadmill and if you don't like running, walk on an incline at a 4mph clip... you can really get your hearrate up and a sweat going if you jack up the incline...

Changed it up tonight and did the treadmill at 10% incline 3mph speed...heart rate averaged 138bpm and burned 660 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Definitely a lot more of an intense workout than the elliptical...sweat pouring down my forehead, shirt soaked and a little buzzed feeling at the end of the workout.

#6120195 - 02/07/12 10:49 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I have basketball for my cardio. I love basketball and I hate cardio machines. I wish I could figure out how much distance I cover when playing. I played for about 90 minutes tonight and I hustle.

Big back workout too beforehand. Fuck yah!

#6120254 - 02/07/12 11:13 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA

Changed it up tonight and did the treadmill at 10% incline 3mph speed...heart rate averaged 138bpm and burned 660 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Definitely a lot more of an intense workout than the elliptical...sweat pouring down my forehead, shirt soaked and a little buzzed feeling at the end of the workout.

#6120276 - 02/07/12 11:34 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI

Clearly, you were wasting your time on the elliptical. Cardio should have you soaked and sporting a high bpm or else you're wasting time. Go nuts and start doing speed intervals to increase that burn.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6120283 - 02/07/12 11:37 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: g@mby

Clearly, you were wasting your time on the elliptical. Cardio should have you soaked and sporting a high bpm or else you're wasting time. Go nuts and start doing speed intervals to increase that burn.

I really don't see any of it as a waste of time. Yes, 660 calories burned is better than 500 calories on the elliptical...but 500 calories on the elliptical is clearly better than 0 on the couch. Can't really call it a waste of time as long as you're doing something.

#6120297 - 02/07/12 11:45 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Jrobski Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Renton WAAAA
Sheeeeeeeit. You can get results from any fucking machine in the joint. You just have to know how to do it. No one machine is the panacea. They all can get you where you need to go.
#6120316 - 02/07/12 11:52 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Jrobski]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: truckman_16
Sheeeeeeeit. You can get results from any fucking machine in the joint. You just have to know how to do it. No one machine is the panacea. They all can get you where you need to go.

Disagree, The stair machine(with the revolving steps) on any preset interval workout is the fucking devil for 45 minutes.

#6120338 - 02/08/12 12:08 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
Jrobski Offline
Post Master Sr

I agree. The stair machine is an ass kicker, but you can get a good HR and sweaty on the elliptical too if you're doin it right.
#6120368 - 02/08/12 12:35 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Jrobski]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: truckman_16
I agree. The stair machine is an ass kicker, but you can get a good HR and sweaty on the elliptical too if you're doin it right.

I think there is a very distinct difference between you can get a good sweat, and you have no choice but to start sweating on a stair machine vs elliptical.

#6120417 - 02/08/12 01:06 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Jrobski]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
[quote=truckman_16]I agree. The stair machine is an ass kicker,/quote]

Murder on the knees, though. Use with moderation.

I agree that some cardio is better than none, but if I'm doing cardio, I'm damn well gonna make it a point to be breathing hard and sweating from what I'm doing.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6120427 - 02/08/12 01:17 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
Jrobski Offline
Post Master Sr

I just like things that I can get into a rhythm with. Stair machine doesn't groove with my ipod play list. \:\/
#6120467 - 02/08/12 02:04 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Jrobski]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I like and hate hiking. Unrelenting quad rape for 2 hours.

#6120621 - 02/08/12 07:48 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Skip machines. Sidewalk is free.

#6120795 - 02/08/12 09:18 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Impulsive]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Impulsive
Skip machines. Sidewalk is free.

I get it, but for me I need to get all of my fitness done in one place at one time. The gym works as an all in one solution.

#6120868 - 02/08/12 09:41 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
Back 5 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
Hit the treadmill or elliptical for 30 minutes on an interval setting. I like the elliptical in that I can burn through a massive resistance increase for a minute then take a breather for a minute. Back and forth. Same on the treadmill.

Follow that with 30 minutes of swimming and you have yourself a fantastic cardio day.

#6121294 - 02/08/12 11:52 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
CStyles45 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Boardman, Ohio
Less talking. More secsi pix!
Page 41 of 65 « First<3940414243>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads