Page 40 of 65 « First<3839404142>Last »
Topic Options
#6114993 - 02/05/12 10:18 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
Artvandelay
Unregistered

Also, you can't look at someone like diesel and follow his routine. why? Because diesel has a solid base of muscle and has been doing this for YEARS.

You're not going to get his results doing his routine.

You need to EAT and lift compound lifts HEAVY and do CARDIO for a LONG TIME

that is it lol

#6115115 - 02/05/12 11:12 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Personally, I've done a lot of things for a long time. My routine was never a high volume one (save cardio/HIIT). I think the best workouts out there are squat, deadlift, pull up, bench based. I've never wasted time on pec flys or 10 sets of curls or any tricep work (do bench, military, bar and dumbbell) and your triceps should be roasted). I'm more back to the basics then ever and feel better than ever. Only once in my life did I lift more and I was about 35 pounds heavier.

The first 6 months for anyone starting is gains. The next 1-2 years is usually decent too. From there on, not so simple. Diet must be very clean and there is a cycle to worry about. Most people do not want to diet, bulk, diet bulk - including myself and the middle ground often yields shit. I ran that route for too long.

#6115190 - 02/05/12 11:49 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
 Originally Posted By: Artvandelay
Also, you can't look at someone like diesel and follow his routine. why? Because diesel has a solid base of muscle and has been doing this for YEARS.

This is a good point.

I've never really lost the muscle base I built around 13 years ago. I've maintained about 75% of it since my gym rat days of the mid-to-late 90's and it didn't take much to do so. I'm ramping things up as of late, but that's why the results will come.

Muscle memory actually exists.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6115191 - 02/05/12 11:51 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
HX_Guy Offline
Please blame any typos on my executive assistant
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OBGYN1
http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html

Val, since you first started asking about squats and SS I've been on the same system....how much have you gone up in weight in squats, deads and bench since then, what 4 months ago? Lots of lost time.

Ha! That was actually pretty good, I read the whole thing and I don't have fuckarounditis. Listen, I ask a lot of questions and it seems like Im all over the place but in reality that's just on here. When I hit the gym, I put my head down and do my shit. There was talk earlier about what people prefer and honestly I prefer the SS style workout better...I love the stucture of if (due to it's simplcitiy), I know what I have to do, I know what weight I need to do next time and I love the challenge.

There is a lot of lost time though the stuff I did for the first 3 months had some positive effect Im sure, I mean I was still lifting heavy weights...maybe not the most efficient way but I don't feel like it was a total waste.
2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate

#6115207 - 02/05/12 11:57 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Val, I've spent enough time posting information to you so, this will probably be my last attempt at helping you. I notice you already want to change routines and are curious to ask every single poster you think has a "nice body" what their routine is.

Here's the deal. Straight up. You have zero muscle. You're completely non-athletic and you're built like a 12 year old girl. You need to maintain compound lifts and eat and do cardio. That's it.

You're asking about bicep exercises? Dude. You won't build biceps without putting on muscle on your whole body.

My man, don't misunderstand me. \:\) I'm not looking to change routines now. Yes, I was thinking of switiching it up after 3 months but that isn't a must and you and Silock are pretty convincing that I shouldn't, plus that link above was pretty good too. Like I said above, I ask a lot of questions but that's just me, it doesn't mean that at the gym Im all over the place.

I think I'll lay low with the routine questions...I may have a question here and there about form or something but I know the routine now I think to where I can just go do my thing and just do my monthly updates of progress.

#6115296 - 02/06/12 12:36 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Artvandelay
Unregistered

lol alright, I kind of came off as an asshole there but....

Seriously dude, you need to eat more, do compounds until you really start hitting plateus and then bust through them...and you need to do cardio..

You've lost weight which is good and you're basically a blank canvas now. The thing is, a lot of the posters here can get "fat" and then get ripped in a short period of time because they've been working out a long time. Look at diesel. He gained a lot of weight but, even if he had never posted before it's obvious that he's got a lot of muscle under the fat. Once you have that base, it's easier to go up and down.

What you need is muscle. Not Arnold muscle, just like 10-20 pounds of lean mass on your frame. Once you get that, everything will be so much easier. I mean, it won't be easy to gain lean mass past those level but, for what I assume your "goal" is, you'll be in a much better position.

Stick to it for a long time. Once you get to the point where you're hitting your maxes and haven't been able to push any more weight for a few weeks. It'll be time to re-arrange your routine.

Eat "clean" but a lot.

keep lifting like you have been.

Do cardio.

Report back

#6115353 - 02/06/12 02:47 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
Art is right, that's really all I have to add. You're not going to be in the gym for any less than 2 years before you're even close to Rumble's muscle build. And that's 2 years of busting ass.

#6115366 - 02/06/12 04:41 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

There is the art we all love. Fucking dick.

#6116191 - 02/06/12 01:57 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green

Here's the deal. Straight up. You have zero muscle. You're completely non-athletic You need to maintain compound lifts and eat and do cardio.

i will agree with this... he defintiely must maintain compound lifts and eat to add some muscle... cause even though he's lost 20 pounds his musculature hasn't really changed much at all...

but i don't think it will hurt him to add some other movements... it'll keep it fresh for him and he won't tire of the same thing week after week... compound lifts must be the basis of your program though...

#6116198 - 02/06/12 02:00 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: DieZel

Here's the deal. Straight up. You have zero muscle. You're completely non-athletic You need to maintain compound lifts and eat and do cardio.

i will agree with this... he defintiely must maintain compound lifts and eat to add some muscle... cause even though he's lost 20 pounds his musculature hasn't really changed much at all...

Hey man, didn't you see my huge ripped deltoids?! ;\)

http://nitnelav.com/Body/Mouseover/Week20/NoDiet_20weeks_side.html

#6116869 - 02/06/12 06:27 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country

but i don't think it will hurt him to add some other movements... it'll keep it fresh for him and he won't tire of the same thing week after week... compound lifts must be the basis of your program though...

Other movements aren't on the program. He needs to stay on program.

#6116916 - 02/06/12 06:50 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Silock]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

no he doesn't... the SS is not an end all... you guys openly admitted it's a short term program due to the fact that it ramps up weights every workout and gains are very quickly hard to come by...

form is the key here, and a traditional split with a heavy focus on compound lifts instead of worrying about hitting new PR's every workout would not be a "bad thing"... some isolation lifts would go away in helping to make up for his deficiences in areas...

lack of some strength in some areas is contributing to his lack of form in some of these lifts...

#6117003 - 02/06/12 07:26 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wasn't this a pic thread???

(still waiting for some chick participants' pics)

#6117061 - 02/06/12 07:59 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

He needs to stay on the program until us plateaus. I recommend a intermediate program with assistance work then.

his form is already failing on some of the lifts, so i'm pretty sure he's plateaud...

well as far as pics, you know how CSi can derail a thread in no time... ;\)

#6117177 - 02/06/12 08:42 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

he's not eating enough to put on muscle mass... poor guy's in a catch 22 cause all you guys tell him to cut calories, don't add calories blah, blah...

to build muscle you have to have a caloric surplus, pretty fucking simple... it doesn't have to be huge, but i'd venture to say he needs AT LEAST 2500 cals a day just to dream about starting to add muscle mass...

#6117208 - 02/06/12 08:51 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

That is true...I'm still pretty confused on the diet thing...and the whole "plateau" thing. How do you know when you've really plateaued...when you literally cannot push out the last set, as in, you have to lower it back down on the supports before you collapse (squats)? And once that happens...is it then that you up the calories or do you reset back a little bit and go at it again?

Like I've said, I've been at 1500 calories over the last 2-3 weeks and I'm still losing about 1.25lbs per week on the scale.

I know Silock in the past has said to stay at the calories I'm at until I "plateau" but I'm not really sure how to judge what it feels like when you plateau.

#6117224 - 02/06/12 08:55 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

It definitely sounds like you need to ea more, whatever program you are doing.

#6117251 - 02/06/12 09:04 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

if you're losing 1.5lbs a week, and are wanting to build muslce, then LOL...

fuck that low cal bullshit...

go up to 2000 for 2 weeks, eat clean and add some lean mass... this low calorie stuff is bullshit for you...

#6117282 - 02/06/12 09:23 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I disagree with you ob1. If he is still losing weight he's not eating enough. He cant tone up muscle that doesnt exist with such low calories. He is literally not feeding his muscles enough to respond to exercise.

My .02

#6117294 - 02/06/12 09:26 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: wolfsburg2
I disagree with you ob1. If he is still losing weight he's not eating enough.

But isn't it possible that the weight I'm losing is actually just fat? Can't it be that I am putting on muscle while losing fat? For example, say I gain 0.25lbs of muscle per week but lose 1.5lbs of fat per week (hypothetical numbers).

I know the body scales you step on aren't the most accurate things but the body fat percentage is going down.

And I thought muscles need protein to grow, if I'm having enough protein, shouldn't that work out in the equation?

#6117301 - 02/06/12 09:30 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

He's still fat. He has plenty of stored energy.

Yes, can't the muscle just get the energy they need from my fat reserves?

#6117363 - 02/06/12 09:59 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I agree with OB1...he's still got a bunch of extra fluff (I'd guess 15 pounds or so) to lose. What's the harm in getting rid of that first (while still lifting) and getting down to the muscles he has under there, then worry about building those muscles?

I've never touched a weight set, but when I got rid of most of my body fat, you could definitely see some definition there.

#6117364 - 02/06/12 09:59 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
Back 5 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
He's still fat. He has plenty of stored energy.

Meh, I give up. Have at it.

It's like Aretard had kids who ride the short bus posting in this last page!

#6117441 - 02/06/12 10:39 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Yeah. More beginners can still gain a lot of strength at first too just by upping the protein and actually working out. He can up his calories, but leaner he will not get.

#6117525 - 02/06/12 11:36 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Impulsive]
FireInTheWhole Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Port Orange, FL
Well, I can only speak for my past experience, but I lost almost 100lbs in a year doing low carb and I also got much bigger and stronger in that time period. I think if you are taking in more than enough protein to rebuild your muscles then you can still lose fat while gaining muscle if you keep the carbs really low.

For HX guy, I would say that since he doesn't have a ton of fat to lose, why not just focus on the fat loss, get really lean, and then focus on adding muscle? Eat a lot of protein but keep the carbs low.

#6117555 - 02/06/12 11:57 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: FireInTheWhole]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

instead of listening to us HX guy, you need to seek the help of a professional nutritionist and not eat canned sodium filled chicken on lettuce with tapatio and lemon juice all over it.

#6117565 - 02/07/12 12:07 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 137
instead of listening to us HX guy, you need to seek the help of a professional nutritionist and not eat canned sodium filled chicken on lettuce with tapatio and lemon juice all over it.

I stopped eating that stuff man, found something that tastes much better and doesn't smell horrid like that did.

Ingredients: Shredded chicken breast meat with cooked out juices (chicken breast, water, onion, salt), Cultured dextrose, Salt, Garlic powder.

Per 3oz serving (I have 6oz twice a day)
Calories: 90
Protein: 17g
Sodium: 220mg

#6117568 - 02/07/12 12:14 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

like I said, nutritionist, you should be eating roughly 6-7 oz of chicken per meal for at least 2-3 small meals daily. add up the sodium of that chicken you're eating and you're ingesting a fuckload of salt, that salt in turn will retain water, the same water that will puff you up instead of showing definition and striation.

in a general sense I'm not on silocks level of breaking down whats bad for you and yada ya.

#6117579 - 02/07/12 12:31 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Andy Rooneymanian

I stopped eating that stuff man, found something that tastes much better and doesn't smell horrid like that did.

Ingredients: Shredded chicken breast meat with cooked out juices (chicken breast, water, onion, salt), Cultured dextrose, Salt, Garlic powder.

Per 3oz serving (I have 6oz twice a day)
Calories: 90
Protein: 17g
Sodium: 220mg

Not for nothing, but I cooked some actual shredded chicken breast last night. It's moronic to do:

Saucepan of water brought to boil
I went nuts and added some Saizon, vinegar and salt
drop in chicken
return to boil and lower heat to simmer
Allow to simmer for about an hour

Stick a fork in and twist--it should come apart in strands. Remove from water, shred with forks. Eat however you like. Real chicken, no effort (aside from the initial trimming of fat from the breasts)

#6117583 - 02/07/12 12:33 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
FireInTheWhole Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Port Orange, FL
Dudes, not sure if you guys have Kroger or Giant Eagle near you, but both of them have hot rotisserie chickens for $5. I get a couple of them per week, and they are ballz titz if they are fresh.
#6117590 - 02/07/12 12:44 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: FireInTheWhole]
Jrobski Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Renton WAAAA
Costco has the same thing. Shits cash.
#6117592 - 02/07/12 12:46 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

like I said, nutritionist, you should be eating roughly 6-7 oz of chicken per meal for at least 2-3 small meals daily. add up the sodium of that chicken you're eating and you're ingesting a fuckload of salt, that salt in turn will retain water, the same water that will puff you up instead of showing definition and striation.

in a general sense I'm not on silocks level of breaking down whats bad for you and yada ya.

That's what I'm doing, 6oz portions twice per day. That's a total of 880mg of sodium (12oz of chicken). According to the label, that's 36% of the recommended daiy sodium intake (not per portion, but for all 12oz). That doesn't seem so bad, no?

#6117611 - 02/07/12 02:00 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
no he doesn't... the SS is not an end all... you guys openly admitted it's a short term program due to the fact that it ramps up weights every workout and gains are very quickly hard to come by...

Not THIS quickly. He has barely been on the program for a month.

Quote:
form is the key here, and a traditional split with a heavy focus on compound lifts instead of worrying about hitting new PR's every workout would not be a "bad thing"... some isolation lifts would go away in helping to make up for his deficiences in areas...

Compound lifts will enhance the deficiencies by themselves for a newbie. Part of his form problem is a lack of experience and coaching, and not necessarily muscle mass.

#6118559 - 02/07/12 01:29 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

He doesn't have to add muscle. He needs to tone up his genetic muscle first. Which he hasn't.

So he needs to be on a proper lift/ cut diet or if he insists on taking your route then he needs to add a ton of cardio.

this may be one of the dumbest things i heard... what does "tone up your genetic muscle" mean...? he has very little musculature... he needs to strenghten muscle to make it grow / expand, and to do so he needs to feed it...

guy's lost 20 pounds and he's still not showing any musculature at 170lbs...? if you're losing that much weight each week, you obviously have a deficit going on... up the calories man, and stop eating all that salt filled processed shit...

buy some damn chicken breasts and cook them ahead of time man...

what's your training schedule look like...? what time do you train...?

#6118578 - 02/07/12 01:37 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol at you can't eat too much salt... you're making the assumption that everyones kidneys are able to handle the overload, and even if they do your blood volume increases making your heart work harder...
Page 40 of 65 « First<3839404142>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads