Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5298781 - 01/11/11 12:17 AM What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#!
CrazeD_SS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Diego, CA
I forgot this forum even existed. After the "be honest, who's fat" thread, I decided to come over here and start lurking. Anyway, Im gonna try and get serious about this health, eating, and working out shit.

For the longest time Ive been having issues with sleep and everything. Back in early December, I went to a new Dr and he basically said I cant sleep because I have too much anxiety, I show signs on depression, and because Im becoming a fat piece of shit. Anyway, he gave me some anti-depressants (Elavil), said I need to go really work out (not just weights, but challenging cardio), cut ties with people (read: women) that are causing stress, and find a hobby to relax my mind.

I figure, I'll make working out my hobby and kill two birds with one stone. All I eat is fish, chicken breast, steak, rice, soups, veggies, fruit, etc. Cut out burgers, fried everything, Mexican food, soda, gooey cheesey stuff, etc.

Been using this 3-day workout for the past month. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt89.htm .. Thinking of trying the 4-day now. Also doing 30 mins of carido at least 5 times a week. 3 Mile run or 35 mins on elliptical..

Took this pic awhile back, but this is basically how I looked on Dec 4.. 200lbs.

Took this pic today.. 187lbs..

If I can get down to 175ish, Ill be like I was 12 years ago after graduating boot camp \:D

#5298833 - 01/11/11 12:41 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CrazeD_SS]
Lost^ Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: PEI
well on your way by the looks of things, keep it up y0. eating right ftw.

and lol @ guns in closet

Edited by Lost^ (01/11/11 12:42 AM)

#5298854 - 01/11/11 12:53 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: Lost^]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
I'm not a big fan of that routine, but if it's working for you, there's no real reason to change it.

If you do, I suggest you start here:
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

#5298882 - 01/11/11 01:22 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: Silock]
CrazeD_SS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Drew Fairymore
I'm not a big fan of that routine, but if it's working for you, there's no real reason to change it.

Thanks.. will check it out.

I just picked that workout because It's better than wondering around the gym doing random excercises lol. \:\)

#5298890 - 01/11/11 01:25 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CrazeD_SS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
thats a great change in such short time.

damn nigra \:D

#5298944 - 01/11/11 03:44 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CrazeD_SS]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
 Originally Posted By: CrazeD_Z06
 Originally Posted By: Drew Fairymore

Thanks.. will check it out.

I just picked that workout because It's better than wondering around the gym doing random excercises lol. \:\)

Yeah, it's not TERRIBLE by any means. But I'm just not a fan of such high reps. It doesn't tend to build dense, hard muscle, but softer, more bloated muscle. Plus, lower reps make you hulk strong!

#5298948 - 01/11/11 03:54 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: Silock]
ElementBabe Online   content
Post Master Supreme

Loc: EST
starting strength is good, we've done that cycle a couple times in crossfit

#5299005 - 01/11/11 07:43 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: ElementBabe]
mrnismo Online   content
Post Master Jr

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Definitely check out Starting Strength as mentioned. But no matter what you do make sure it has squats, bench, overhead press and deadlifts.

For cardio, try to hit up some sprints a few times a week instead of doing slow/medium pace jogging all the time. If you can sprint outside, do it. If you can't, you can use the incline on the treadmill to still give yourself a brutal workout. 20 minutes total for warmup/cooldown is plenty if your going all out.

Since you're coming back from long layoff, make sure you are warming up good, stretching a lot and foam rolling if you have one at the gym.

#5299682 - 01/11/11 12:23 PM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: mrnismo]
Mrs. Ironmom Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Looking great man. You didn't look horrible before, and you look pretty fit now. Keep it up.

#5299705 - 01/11/11 12:29 PM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: Mrs. Ironmom]
CStyles45 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Boardman, Ohio
Agreed w/ it seems like you're well on your way. Just stick with it and the results will follow. I would personally recommend counting your calories for about a week just so you have a ballpark as to where you are. Eat what you normally do and see where you stand. From there, you can adjust accordingly to reach your goals.
#5299843 - 01/11/11 01:06 PM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CStyles45]
CrazeD_SS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yea, Im gonna need to start packing my own lunches. I go out to lunch with coworkers everyday, and some of the places they go really make it near impossible to get a lunch that isnt 1k calories. My dinner and breakfasts are fine, but eating out for lunch is my undoing.

#5299938 - 01/11/11 01:33 PM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CrazeD_SS]
Lewis Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: IA
The pictures you posted from NYE in your club attire(read getting hoes) I thought you looked like you lost weight. Keep it up.

#9320024 - 05/11/18 09:25 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: Lewis]
CrazeD_SS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Going through old threads.. man im still at this. It's definitely something you have to keep up with \:\)

#9341197 - 06/12/18 11:51 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: CrazeD_SS]
IDreamOfPaki Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: NV
I took YEARS off. Got up to 5'8 235 last October. Cruising in at 175 today. Definitely want to make fitness a priority again.
#9373470 - 08/07/18 09:40 AM Re: What's up Fitness Peeps?! Encourage me!#! [Re: IDreamOfPaki]
WNDYCTYone Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CHICAGO
Just getting my home (well garage) gym setup. Built out a power rack, flat bench, and Vulcan USA bumper plates (ooh pretty colors!) with 28.5 mm Olympic bar. No more gym membership for me. Fucking stoked.

PS4 - ChicagoGOBLUE

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Paksectomy 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
Text or SMS Customers at Scale!
Up Your Customer Service
Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Performance Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ-Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
1-800-Flowers
Flowers & Gift Baskets
WeatherTech Coupons
Coupon Code "take10"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
Artisan Soap Lab
Handcrafted Bodycare
Advertisement

| Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Porsche Brake Kits-Big Brake Kits | SEO Optimization-Agency-Auckland