Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4465002 - 01/27/10 02:29 PM Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Can't wait to see every other person rocking one of these things. Looks like an oversized iPhone/iPod touch, functionality remains to be seen (no USB?). But at that price point, Apple will be laughing all the way to the bank.

#4465051 - 01/27/10 02:41 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Alpha-Trion]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
iDoNotWant
#4465069 - 01/27/10 02:45 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
it;s the new 80s boombox

#4465123 - 01/27/10 02:59 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: zc911]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
they did $50B in the last quarter, and they can't come up with a better name than iPad.

WHAT THE FUCK

#4465128 - 01/27/10 03:00 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
LMAO

will there be an app/mod to make the interface look like this?

Edited by phoenixrage (01/27/10 03:01 PM)

#4465143 - 01/27/10 03:04 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: zc911]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
ipad? sounds like a female hygiene product.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#4465159 - 01/27/10 03:07 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Screamin Civic
ipad? sounds like a female hygiene product.

within minutes of the official release of the name, iTampon was one of the top trending topics on Twitter.

#4465381 - 01/27/10 03:53 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNQE_TzQNI
#4465455 - 01/27/10 04:16 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: eddie_82
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNQE_TzQNI

ROFL

I was literally falling off my chair.

#4465614 - 01/27/10 05:11 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Just A Troll]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
its a tablet. not new.

#4465627 - 01/27/10 05:14 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Euphoricuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
lol @ the vid fail apple

#4465680 - 01/27/10 05:29 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Euphoricuck]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land

#4465768 - 01/27/10 06:07 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: A2B-Lexus]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
What the hell?
I thought it was gonna be a tablet. Like Wacom Tablet capability with a tablet pen.

I was thinking of getting a netbook. I guess this is a fancier version of that but No Flash support, No LAN Cable hook up, and comes a Tiny harddrive at double the cost.

#4466143 - 01/27/10 08:04 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
this was the 2nd image that came up on google image search

#4466450 - 01/27/10 09:25 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: c2k]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
zzzzzzz it'll overheat or some emo tweeb will drop it outta the apple store and cry.

#4467181 - 01/28/10 07:08 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
flippin retarded. i see this as another way for apple to make money (can i really blame them?)

soon you'll see a bunch of dorks showing eachother the latest app that has a level on their ipad! or a lighter! useful shit yo.

watch the updated version come out in a couple of months, the ipad w/ wings.

#4467232 - 01/28/10 08:01 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
its a tablet. not new.

exactly....many honda/acura dlr's now have nice thing handheld wireless tablets to work on/diagnose cars now, as do a bunhc of other higher end type car dlr's (i believe so), touchscreen and all (not as advanced as this apple screen tho).

meh for me all this apple crap is no need. i mean this pad thing im sure would be fun to use (i bet half the ppl using it won't even take full advantage of it's capabilities lol), but i've seen lots of ppl already saying it's missing quite a few things (no flash support, camera, etc. etc.)....and it's basically a catalyst for apple to just make more money by ppl who wanna download pointless apps. im sure micro$oft has their own one coming....maybe google too who knows.

also, Canada gets no ipad yet even (from what i heard)? i think the US even had to wait 2 more months, no?

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#4467543 - 01/28/10 10:02 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
At it's price point, it's actually not bad. If people are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for an iphone, paying a little more gets them an iphone with a big screen. It's not as portable, but it'll give you a much larger viewing surface for pictures, videos, games, web surfing, etc. If you expect it to be anything more than that, then you shouldn't be expecting it at this price point.

For the record, I don't own any apple products, and I won't get this. I used to have a shuffle, but that was because it was free. Then it broke. I'm not a huge apple fan, but I do like their marketing. They know their target and they manipulate the shit out of them. It's brilliant.

I guess it's not much different than getting kids to watch MTV shows. :P

#4467615 - 01/28/10 10:21 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: 4Three]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
 Originally Posted By: ek-9

but I do like their marketing. They know their target and they manipulate the shit out of them. It's brilliant.

I guess it's not much different than getting kids to watch MTV shows. :P

This.

Just brilliant.

#4467683 - 01/28/10 10:36 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: OracerO]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Did the folks at apple forget the existence of Google?

Take at look at #3 on this list:

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en...n&q=ipad&view=3

I'm pretty sure it was #1 before yesterday.

#4467757 - 01/28/10 10:49 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Just A Troll]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Do not want.
#4469025 - 01/28/10 04:31 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Apple's iPad event: What we didn't get
By Ben Patterson
.Apple's just-announced iPad looks like an iPhone on steroids, and it boasts a price tag that's a lot lower than people feared. But many of the enticing rumors about Apple's new tablet - such as chatter about a built-in camera, monthly TV subscriptions, and support for other 3G networks - turned out to be dead wrong.

You can check out the details on the new iPad right here, and don't get me wrong: judged on its own, away from all the gargantuan hype, and considering its $499 price tag (for the 16GB model), Apple's new tablet is certainly one sexy piece of gadgetry.

That said, some of the coolest would-be features that had been rumored for the iPad failed to materialize Wednesday, starting with ...

No 3G support for Verizon
One of the earliest rumors about the iPad (which I'd still rather call the iTablet) was that it would come with embedded 3G support in addition to Wi-Fi. Well, the 3G part was true (monthly pre-paid plans will start at $14 for 250MB of data, or $29/month unlimited), but alas, no Verizon; instead, Americans are stuck with good 'ole AT&T. No word yet on a Canadian provider.

No jaw-droppingly new user interface
One of the most amazing things about the original iPhone was its ground-breaking touch interface; just pinch to zoom into a web pagem, tap to turn on the speakerphone, swipe to flip through your photos. So maybe it was only natural that many of us gadget hounds thought that Apple would come up with some new, "Minority Report"-style interface for the iPad. Perhaps some cool haptic feedback for the virtual QWERTY keypad, or maybe the ability to sense a finger that's hovering near the screen but not touching it. What we got, instead, was pretty much the same touch UI as on the iPhone, except with a lot more room. Not bad, but not all that revolutionary, either.

No built-in camera
The iPhone has a camera, the MacBook has a camera, even the new iPod Nano has a video camera. But the iPad doesn't, and that's especially disappointing given the chatter from the Wall Street Journal that Apple has been toying with facial-recognition software that could potentially be used to identify the various members of your family and deliver their own customized iPad interface.

No Flash support
When, oh when, Apple, will you let us view Flash videos and web modules on the mobile version of Safari? Who knows, but it's definitely not starting with the iPad, which is just as bereft of Flash support as the iPhone and iPod Touch are.

No user-replaceable battery
Steve Jobs claims that the iPad will come with an impressive 10 hours of battery life and a full month of stand-by time. Pretty cool, but as with the iPhone, the iPod Touch, and the latest MacBooks, the iPad battery comes sealed in the case, and there's no way to swap in a new one yourself.

No TV subscriptions
One of the more intriguing recent rumors was that Apple was going around to all the TV and cable networks, trying to sell them on the idea of monthly TV subscriptions that viewers would be able to watch on iTunes, the iPhone, Apple TV, or the iPad. Word even had it that Disney's Bob Iger was in San Francisco today, all set to announce a new content deal with Apple, but it didn't happen. The writing for this non-event was on the wall, thanks to a recent New York Times story that reported that TV execs looked over Apple's subscription proposals and said "thanks, but no thanks."

No iPhone software 4.0 announcement
Yet another interesting rumor had it that the reason that there hadn't been a big iPhone software update lately was that the new code was too intertwined with the iPad OS, and therefore we'd get a big announcement today for iPhone software 4.0 -complete with full-on app multitasking, UI enhancements, and other goodies. The rumor sure sounded plausible, but the Apple event came and went with nary a sign of iPhone software 4.0.

#10439512 - 06/06/23 05:07 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: titty sprinkles]
1337sb Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: :arizona:
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
flippin retarded. i see this as another way for apple to make money (can i really blame them?)

soon you'll see a bunch of dorks showing eachother the latest app that has a level on their ipad! or a lighter! useful shit yo.

watch the updated version come out in a couple of months, the ipad w/ wings.

100%. It's a product nobody wants. Just like this Apple Vision thing.

/remindme in 8 years

#10442227 - 06/12/23 01:06 PM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: 1337sb]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Interesting reading some of the comments 13 years later
#10443845 - 06/15/23 11:24 AM Re: Next new fad? Say hello to the iPad [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
LMAO

Literally none of these comments aged well...

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads