Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3248959 - 11/28/08 08:43 AM 2001 Civic D17A1 Knock Sensor help
Kluster Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
Hello,

My GF's Civic CEL light came one. It's error P0325. The knock sensor. The car is 8 years old and has 165KKm. Is it the actual knock sensor that failled or could it be wiring? Does anybody have a diagram of the location of that sensor? What's the cheapest place to get the sensor?

I did a few Google search to get the information above and wasn't really successfull. I did manage to get a general idea of where the sensor is but no diagram.

Thanks

Videos
#3249590 - 11/28/08 01:31 PM Re: 2001 Civic D17A1 Knock Sensor help [Re: Kluster]
kyden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Providence, RI

number 10.
<x> i had a weird dream <x> where i lived in an apartment complex <x> walked down the street, and kyden and a couple other dudes were living in an apartment and ran outside looking for the maintenance people <x> and something about taking a shit in a sealed toilet

#3250350 - 11/28/08 07:17 PM Re: 2001 Civic D17A1 Knock Sensor help [Re: Kluster]
Import Tuner Offline
Gold Member
Post Master Sr

Loc: Tacoma, Wash..
The knock sensor is a filament microphone...
Think of the fine filament wires inside of a light bulb that have very little clearance between the wire and the body of the sensor (ground)...

Vibration (detonation) will cause the wire to wiggle enough to contact the sides of the sensor and complete the circuit...
IF after the ECU retards the timing after it's initial detection and the circuit continues to be grounded, it'll trip a CEL...

Sensors seldom fail (without human interaction), and the location of the connector leaves them suseptible to oil leaks allowing enough resistance to act as a ground for the wire...

Insure that the connector is clean and dry, reset the ECU, and purge (use) the remaining fuel in the tank, then ohm the circuit prior to replacing the sensor!...

#3250811 - 11/28/08 11:50 PM Re: 2001 Civic D17A1 Knock Sensor help [Re: Import Tuner]
Kluster Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
Thanks for all the info.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads