Page 116 of 148 « First<114115116117118>Last »
Topic Options
#8238497 - 06/06/15 10:08 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
30.0m so far this week, and a distance PR

*took some substantial breaks, smoked myself on the climb, hopped a fence in some gated community, got yelled at by the gate dude at the naval base because it was 5:10 and it closes at 5:00 and I was just trying to take a few potatoe shots of mission bay

and every mile past 15 was no bueno. my feet were hurting too, left heel and right-side of the right foot. weird. oh well. about 4 miles past my prior best distance effort mostly because I was fucking lost

#8240048 - 06/08/15 11:12 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Nice job dude. Suggestion - ramp up those longer miles more progressively to avoid injury. Your body is fighting the distance which is probably why everything above 15 sucked.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#8240368 - 06/08/15 01:23 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Nice run Stickaz!

Had my ass handed to me yesterday. 33 miles starting on the north shore of Big Bear Lake...all of it above 7,000ft. Didn't think that would've been an issue...NOPE! Any time I tried to push it, I'd get slapped in the face. Had minor stomach issue all day as well and the higher temps than expected didn't help. Otherwise I felt pretty good so I can't complain too much. Ended up with a 6:07 and 17/82 overall and 6/21 in my age group.

Absolutely beautiful running on the PCT up there.

Edited by Mrs. Ironmom (06/08/15 01:30 PM)

#8240388 - 06/08/15 01:28 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Lividentity Offline
Major Member

Loc: Gehenna
Good job man! I've never ran at altitude, so pretty impressed when people who also aren't at altitude can go otu and do so well!

That was an hour faster than my 50k and it wasn't even a good time for you, man I'm slow, lol.

#8240943 - 06/08/15 05:43 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Yeah, it's funny how it kind of sneaks up on you. If I was just cruising super easy, no problem, but thenId try to put in some more effort and shit would start going south real fast. \:D

#8240947 - 06/08/15 05:45 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

that sounds like every run I've ever done tho? some kind of managed delta between lol and hiding in the bushes

#8241032 - 06/08/15 06:36 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

Got out and did 8 over the weekend, from ~4k feet in the mountains up to about 5k?. First/last mile was asphalt, rest was trail. Had to change planned route because the stream crossing was more like a small river and there was a waterfall of unknown height (and on a substantial contour)40' downstream. But even that was fun (and a nice break debating if I was stupid enough to try crossing)

Pace might arguably be called speed hiking, and it was still hard as hell.

That said, Running the trails might be the most fun ever, especially when you enter a "wilderness" area.

Edited by dirtyS13drifta (06/08/15 06:37 PM)

#8241547 - 06/09/15 03:26 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

\:o an actual jog? :Wewt: #nailed_it

#8241864 - 06/09/15 11:09 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

That jog was harder effort-wise than most my runs fwiw.

Don't put too much emphasis on pacing when comparing trail running to road running.

#8249137 - 06/14/15 11:55 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: ]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
Decided to do a race last minute after a couple beers the night before. 15.5 miles, 3000ft of elevation in 2:13. Felt really good the whole time, worked on fueling and hammered some hills. We'll see if it was a good idea a week before another race. My coach said fuck tapering, and I certainly did that.

Paki: 3:36

#8254929 - 06/18/15 10:43 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Colorado
 Originally Posted By: ampsman
Decided to do a race last minute after a couple beers the night before. 15.5 miles, 3000ft of elevation in 2:13. Felt really good the whole time, worked on fueling and hammered some hills. We'll see if it was a good idea a week before another race. My coach said fuck tapering, and I certainly did that.

Who's your coach now ampsman??

Good news in my world: ran two miles Sunday and 3.5 miles Monday and felt much better than I have for the past couple months (i.e. I could breathe and my heart wasn't pounding) so last night I went out with the group run and did 1:00 and 1,050' while only hiking ~30 seconds of it. I can't overstate what a change this is over the past couple months - intentionally taking things easier as I build back up but I finally feel as if I've turned the corner. Two months to Squamish, three to RRR100.

#8254955 - 06/18/15 10:56 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

I missed it, what happened 2000si?

I got out and did a 4-5 stroller push. Feet have been feeling good.

I think my strategy is going to be to not run more than 10 miles on-road/week, ever, again.
And to run slow when on pavement. Unless it's an actual race.
If I want to do a pace run, it'll be the track/trail.

Basically I know I hate the roads, and my body agrees.

Edited by dirtyS13drifta (06/18/15 10:58 AM)

#8255064 - 06/18/15 11:52 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: ]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah missed it too. Glad to see you all back out there.

Have a 5 mile trail run event tonight after work. Been a while since I've been off the pavement.
89 Camaro - Sold

#8255119 - 06/18/15 12:18 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

He had a fierce case of vaginitis.

#8255133 - 06/18/15 12:24 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mrs. Ironmom

BOOM!!! SHOTS FIRED!! CAN WE GET PAKINEWS IN THE FITNESS FORUM??

Paki: 3:36

#8255257 - 06/18/15 01:29 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm taking this entire week off and next week [until Sun when I have an oly tri] hehe. Knee-vaginismus. Following that I'll take another 2-3 weeks off from running

replacing it with more biking+surfing. I better watchout, I'm liking this injury..

#gonna_fly_now.mp3

youre_welcome_for_the_update

#8255335 - 06/18/15 02:06 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: dirtyS13drifta

I missed it, what happened 2000si?

I got out and did a 4-5 stroller push. Feet have been feeling good.

I think my strategy is going to be to not run more than 10 miles on-road/week, ever, again.
And to run slow when on pavement. Unless it's an actual race.
If I want to do a pace run, it'll be the track/trail.

Basically I know I hate the roads, and my body agrees.

No easy answer, unfortunately. Been dealing with significant fatigue along with other symptoms like headaches, sore throat for a month, etc since March. Multiple visits to the doctor has ruled out: sleep apnea, vitamin D deficiency, lung issues (X-ray), mono, allergies (at least as of last week). Blood test back in April showed signs of a viral infection but mono test came back negative for a recent infection. As long as I continue to feel better I'll chalk it up to some mystery virus and move on but I wish I had a more concrete answer.

Essentially whenever I worked up the energy to even attempt a run my heart rate and breathing would skyrocket and I'd be forced to walk anything resembling a hill. Even hiking has been incredibly taxing and last night I ran an hour, with vert, and felt like I could breathe again!

Is this in retaliation for this??

http://clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/345678/Number/8255009#Post8255009

#8255414 - 06/18/15 02:41 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

dang man sorry to hear about your problems, hope you get well soon

#8255447 - 06/18/15 02:58 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Zack tits

Thanks dude

Every time I'm hurt, sick or otherwise unable to run I'm forced to face just how dependent upon running I've become. I tend to be a happy, optimistic kind of guy but force me to stop running for two months? I'm a mess. And yet I'm never tempted to branch out and find alternatives. I'll just hike around instead and wish I were running instead of walking

#8255493 - 06/18/15 03:30 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

You know I love you, asshole.

#8255502 - 06/18/15 03:37 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

You know I love you, asshole.

Warning, Spoiler:
wait, I mean

Edited by 2000SiRacer (06/18/15 03:37 PM)

#8255525 - 06/18/15 03:48 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 2000SiRacer

Thanks dude

Every time I'm hurt, sick or otherwise unable to run I'm forced to face just how dependent upon running I've become. I tend to be a happy, optimistic kind of guy but force me to stop running for two months? I'm a mess. And yet I'm never tempted to branch out and find alternatives. I'll just hike around instead and wish I were running instead of walking

maybe not now, but soon you'll regret doing anything other than photo-essays around the whitewater and mtb stuff in your area. It's like you need an intervention. What's that saying about variety and life? yea, that

#8255542 - 06/18/15 03:59 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 2000SiRacer

Thanks dude

maybe not now, but soon you'll regret doing anything other than photo-essays around the whitewater and mtb stuff in your area. It's like you need an intervention. What's that saying about variety and life? yea, that

The way you worded this means I'll regret it down the road if I do anything other than "photo-essays around the whitewater and mtb stuff in your area". I'm guessing this isn't what you mean

Please clarify your complaint so I can respond intelligently \:D

#8255544 - 06/18/15 04:00 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

there's a missing not after the word regret, good catch bro

I get that different people like different things... yeah but no..

#8255563 - 06/18/15 04:11 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

there's a missing not after the word regret, good catch bro

I get that different people like different things... yeah but no..

Yeah, I'm totally a fan of the dirtbag running lifestyle. At least for a period of one's life, perhaps not permanently, so I'm not going to say "yeah, you're right...I should be doing something different". However, I think the snapshot you get from ClubSi shows an overweighted emphasis on running and hiking because those pictures are so pretty. In addition to all that hiking and running, which rarely exceeds ~15 hours a week, I have friends in town, my brother in town, free concerts all summer, picked up cross country skiing this winter, I read a ton of books, visit other friends on the front range, travel around the state, work a rather demanding job that involves some travel around the country, have a trip planned to British Columbia with my girlfriend at the end of the summer, etc. As much as I admire the singular focus of dirtbag running style, and I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about, I definitely spend more time doing things that aren't running outside of work each week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fanatically passionate about running because that's how my brain tends to work - but one of the great things about the sport is that it's self limiting. I will almost never do more than 15 hours a week of running/hiking with a purpose. If I quit my job and trained full time I might get up to 20 hours - but no matter how you cut it you're going to have a lot of time to fill with other pursuits. And I do all those things but don't post much about them because they're not all that interesting.

#8255566 - 06/18/15 04:16 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

alright if you at least snowboard in the winter I'll be quiet

#8255575 - 06/18/15 04:20 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

alright if you at least snowboard in the winter I'll be quiet

Nope, just cross country

BUT...if I have my way this year I'll finish the season with some big races and then take 2-3 months off and just go from nothing to knowing how to ski or snowboard pretty well. Too hard to resist with a world class mountain staring you in the face all winter.

#8255577 - 06/18/15 04:22 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

yea I'm sure you'll be an expert first season with all your other balance/board lifetime of similar experiences to draw upon \:D

[I'm a bitter intermediate snowboarder apparently for life ]

#8255581 - 06/18/15 04:25 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

How?? With your surfing background shouldn't snowboarding by a cakewalk?

#8255586 - 06/18/15 04:31 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

inorite? I don't go a lot, have taken years off...

#8255638 - 06/18/15 05:01 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

So now we're talking about
Running to stay sane
snowboarding
dirtbaging it
passions in life?

I feel like I'm so excited to write paragraph upon paragraph I can't even contribute, just giddily smile!!!

SEriously though, sounds like some sort of over-exertion maybe. Glad you're able to approach it again. I know the 2 months I didn't run was tough on me as well, even with hiking and lots of cycling. It's funny, because part of me is hating running(becuase of the recurring foot issues I assume it's a matter of when, not if I'll hurt again ). But the minute I went on a trail run a week or two ago I was SO stoked.

#8255643 - 06/18/15 05:05 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: ]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: dirtyS13drifta
So now we're talking about
Running to stay sane
snowboarding
dirtbaging it
passions in life?

I feel like I'm so excited to write paragraph upon paragraph I can't even contribute, just giddily smile!!!

SEriously though, sounds like some sort of over-exertion maybe. Glad you're able to approach it again. I know the 2 months I didn't run was tough on me as well, even with hiking and lots of cycling. It's funny, because part of me is hating running(becuase of the recurring foot issues I assume it's a matter of when, not if I'll hurt again ). But the minute I went on a trail run a week or two ago I was SO stoked.

Have you found anyone who says the can fix your foot? Or does everyone decide it's just how you're built and will never go away? That would drive me NUTS as I'm sure it does to you.

And I really doubt it was overexertion - I was having physical symptoms even after I stopped running. Earlier blood test showed signs of infection, etc. Besides, I was only 2.5-3 months into a training cycle which is hardly enough time to get overtrained and I was feeling fine before one day I didn't

#8255649 - 06/18/15 05:09 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

I sort of gave up investigation.
Like at the end of the day, I know recovery required rest.

I rested, I no longer hurt. But as far as what to do next? I'm not sure
I've considered I should at least call the Sports PT I heard about now that I'm not in pain and see if they can provide guidance on how to avoid future issues.

#8255653 - 06/18/15 05:11 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: ]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Oh man, a good PT is worth his or her weight in gold. Could be a super simple fix and you'd never have to worry about it again

#8255678 - 06/18/15 05:37 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

I agree on the PT aspect. A good one can fix or mitigate just about anything.

Sorry to hear about the mystery virus. Sometimes it's more frustrating not knowing what happened then having the darn bug itself.
89 Camaro - Sold

Page 116 of 148 « First<114115116117118>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads