Page 101 of 148 « First<99100101102103>Last »
Topic Options
#7950484 - 11/06/14 09:34 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
slackereg6 Offline

Loc: Hot Texas
If you want a miserable run why not Pikes Peak full?

#7950533 - 11/06/14 09:57 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
 Originally Posted By: Design
Do eeeet.

Sold out for this year...maybe 2016. \:\)

#7950711 - 11/06/14 11:22 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Lividentity Offline
Major Member

Loc: Gehenna
Why not Lake Sonoma? That's supposed to be an awesome race and gets lots of elites running it too. 50 miles is nothing, right? ...Right?!
#7950765 - 11/06/14 11:40 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
 Originally Posted By: Mrs. Ironmom
Do eeeet.

Sold out for this year...maybe 2016. \:\)

I have this on my list for 2016. We can definitely make this a CSI thing for those interested.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#7950833 - 11/06/14 11:59 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
heh yea no... I think the 1/2 is my distance moving forward from like now till forever \:D

#7951443 - 11/06/14 03:58 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
You should come up and crew Ampsman and myself in a month at the North Face 50 miler. It's gonna be a hoot!

CSi meet in the city that night?

Paki: 3:36

#7951472 - 11/06/14 04:23 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: ampsman
You should come up and crew Ampsman and myself in a month at the North Face 50 miler. It's gonna be a hoot!

it's only gay if ur balls touch tho right?

#7951475 - 11/06/14 04:24 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Lividentity
Why not Lake Sonoma? That's supposed to be an awesome race and gets lots of elites running it too. 50 miles is nothing, right? ...Right?!

Same weekend as Boston.

#7951499 - 11/06/14 05:00 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zakcits
 Originally Posted By: ampsman

it's only gay if ur balls touch tho right?

what if they touch your butthole?

#7954895 - 11/09/14 07:32 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
Cheesegoggles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Here
Long run fail yesterday

Went out with my wife for seventeen miles on a mostly flat trail. Felt pretty good to start - the first six miles were all sub 9:15 except one where we walked a bit while we ate. Eight miles still good. Ten miles still alright.

Then things start getting harder. Our out and back route was ever so slightly downhill on the way out which explains why we felt so good at first. And we might have had a bit of a tailwind. On the way back it was slow steady climb plus a touch of headwind here and there. Each mile started to take a little longer, it was taking more effort, and it was overall simply demoralizing.

We were just over 13 miles when my wife said she was ready to walk. She is actually a stronger runner than I am but she is doing more volume during the week and it caught up with her. I probably could have kept plugging along but in reality I had no objection to walking. We did some walking and running back to the car for a total of 15.5 and called it a day.

These runs, which we have a few more of, are the reason I told myself after the first marathon that I would not do another one. And now I wish I stuck to it. We have officially met the point where this is not fun any more. I'm very busy with work and family and life, and I want to have fun on the weekends. Spending three hours in the cold running until all parts of my body hurts is not fun.

We'll try to suck it up, finish training, and run this race in January. And then this really will be my last full marathon.

#7955079 - 11/09/14 11:47 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Cheesegoggles]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Sorry to hear man \:\( doubt I'd be any different trying to go that far.

Perhaps training for a 5k and some speed work or a long event of a half fits you better? I figure I'll be trying the half for some time moving forward as I appear to have sufficient motivation to train for that distance and it seems tolerable enough in my ~15m weekly mileage (lol)

My overall goal was to 'add running' and avoid burnout, perhaps there's some lower level for you?

#7955083 - 11/09/14 11:52 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
Cheesegoggles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Here
Sorry to hear man \:\( doubt I'd be any different trying to go that far.

Perhaps training for a 5k and some speed work or a long event of a half fits you better? I figure I'll be trying the half for some time moving forward as I appear to have sufficient motivation to train for that distance and it seems tolerable enough in my ~15m weekly mileage (lol)

My overall goal was to 'add running' and avoid burnout, perhaps there's some lower level for you?

You are right and I knew this before I signed up. I enjoy running shorter distances up to a half. Training for a full marathon takes something fun and turns it into work. Same thing when I was doing some bike racing a few years ago.

It will be fine. December 20 is the last long run before I taper. I'll get there. The marathon itself will be fun.

#7955209 - 11/09/14 01:33 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Cheesegoggles]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Had a good day on the trail yesterday. My second year running the Bootlegger 50k in Boulder City outside Vegas. It was pretty hot (much hotter than last year) but those trails are just fucking beautiful. Ended up 5 minutes slower than last year, but I felt strong so I'm blaming the slower time on the heat. \:D I hiked the big climbs faster than last year according to Strava. 5:42 was my time.

Not sure of my placing yet, but I never got passed and picked off 9 people over the course of the day.

Not feeling very sore at all today either, so that's a good sign.

ETA: finished 10th out of 28th and 4th in the 30-39 AG.

Edited by Mrs. Ironmom (11/09/14 07:01 PM)

#7955397 - 11/09/14 04:40 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Lividentity Offline
Major Member

Good job on the 50k man! 5:42 is serious for a 50k.

I had the worst post-race ever today. I don't know exactly what it was but after my half-marathon I got a headache, took the shuttle back to the start and barely made it to my hotel before having to use the bathroom, took a shower and threw up in the shower, yeah, fun. I took a nap for a couple hours and felt better, then had a 3 hour drive home.

The race went normal and I did my normal strategy for fueling, and knew from my 6 miler yesterday my legs had no speed in them, and I ended up doing 1:55. I'm happy with how the race went, just afterwards I felt horrible in a way I never have post race/run.

A funny story from the race though was around 4.5 miles into it a train crossed the course, haha. I only got stopped by it for a minute, but I heard others mentioning they were there for about 3 minutes. Just a really random thing to have happen and I thought it was funny.

#7955461 - 11/09/14 06:22 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
SJP0tato Offline

Loc: Gilbert, Az
I had the worst post-race ever today. I don't know exactly what it was but after my half-marathon I got a headache, took the shuttle back to the start and barely made it to my hotel before having to use the bathroom, took a shower and threw up in the shower, yeah, fun. I took a nap for a couple hours and felt better, then had a 3 hour drive home.

That's how I've felt after both my previous (and only) halves. The most recent one I kinda felt like I was about to die, sitting on the sidewalk outside the restaurant my friends/family decided to attend after the race.
I puked a bit, and moved from dying to merely miserable feeling and went back in.

Gonna have to see how I feel after my upcoming one in a couple weeks.

#7955536 - 11/09/14 07:49 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Good job on the 50k man! 5:42 is serious for a 50k.

Thanks man. I am happy with it because I felt good the whole time (well, most of the time...running for 5+ hours is gonna hurt at least a little) but my PR at the distance is 4:45 on a course with almost the same elevation gain. This course is super technical, constant rolling terrain, exposed, and hot, while the one I PR'd is super smooth groomed trails in cool shaded forests with just a few big climbs and the rest pretty flat.

That's what I love about trail races though...the terrain totally dictates your performance.

Edited by Mrs. Ironmom (11/09/14 07:50 PM)

#7955537 - 11/09/14 07:49 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: SJP0tato]
Lividentity Offline
Major Member

Originally Posted By: SJP0tato

That's how I've felt after both my previous (and only) halves. The most recent one I kinda felt like I was about to die, sitting on the sidewalk outside the restaurant my friends/family decided to attend after the race.
I puked a bit, and moved from dying to merely miserable feeling and went back in.

Gonna have to see how I feel after my upcoming one in a couple weeks.

Yeah it super sucked. I've never felt that way afterwards, I even did a half 2 weeks ago and was fine. Something about Ft. Lauderdale I guess, lol.

#7956445 - 11/10/14 12:05 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Well despite the negative outcomes a few of you guys had, at least you were out there this weekend lol. I completely blew off my longer run in favor of family and social events.

I will be making it up tonight (10-12 miles). But next week's weather is supposed to be a scorching 37* for the race.
89 Camaro - Sold

#7956465 - 11/10/14 12:18 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

BTW, I've never run in deathly cold weather. Any suggestions besides a long shirt and compression socks?

89 Camaro - Sold

#7956482 - 11/10/14 12:24 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
2000SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Colorado
BTW, I've never run in deathly cold weather. Any suggestions besides a long shirt and compression socks?

404: Deathly cold weather not found. Fucking SoCal guys I swear to god

#7956490 - 11/10/14 12:30 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

...and it's supposed to be the 70's here today. Guess I'm running indoors (too hot).
89 Camaro - Sold

#7956635 - 11/10/14 01:52 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Arm sleeves and cheap gloves are the way to go. Maybe a beanie too. All stuff that comes off super easy once you warm up.

#7956838 - 11/10/14 03:51 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: 2000SiRacer]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
 Originally Posted By: 2000SiRacer

404: Deathly cold weather not found. Fucking SoCal guys I swear to god

this

I'm not Grizzly Adams, but I'm plenty comfortable running in 25 degree weather. A hat that covers my ears, a few layers under a sweatshirt, gloves and running tights under my shorts. Sweating 1.5 miles in. Biggest PITA is the runny nose. My lungs get acclimated as the weather gets colder

still have an EM1--go figure

#7956920 - 11/10/14 05:16 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: gamby]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

New 5k PR and the first time I broke the 9 min/mi barrier

POW:

#7956970 - 11/10/14 06:05 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: gamby]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

#7957557 - 11/11/14 02:15 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

NICE work Gamby.

Knocked out my final long run before Vegas. If things continue like tonight I should be able to knock out a decent pace next Sunday.

*fingers crossed*
89 Camaro - Sold

#7958305 - 11/11/14 01:04 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Design]
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Good job everybody!
The last 3 weeks have been rough as I have been dealing with some back issues from over use.
Oh well, on the mend and racing this weekend. I think I have a good enough base this year that a couple weeks rest will probably actually do me good.
This is one of my favorite races up in the marin headlands...18 miles and just shy of 5k of vert. Ran it in 2:49 last year so hoping to go below that but it will depend on how the back holds up.

#7958313 - 11/11/14 01:10 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: gamby]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

good job Gambs. you know I was just thinking... I havent done a 'long' run I think since my 1/2 back in early Oct...and I tapered for like 3 weeks before that lol.

I was going to do a long run on Sunday but wasnt up to it after getting stitches on my head/arm from saturday/vaguebooking. I swear I was gonna do like 8-10 tho. Honest

*hides

#7958480 - 11/11/14 02:18 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
slackereg6 Offline

Loc: Hot Texas
Did 6 yesterday. Mile warm up 3 miles averaging just under 8min/mile ( ) and 2 easy to finish it up. Half is Sunday so just doing easy runs the rest of the week. Not sure how it will go I know I can do 10 at pace just not sure about the last few miles.

#7958683 - 11/11/14 03:43 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

good job Gambs. you know I was just thinking... I havent done a 'long' run I think since my 1/2 back in early Oct...and I tapered for like 3 weeks before that lol.

I was going to do a long run on Sunday but wasnt up to it after getting stitches on my head/arm from saturday/vaguebooking. I swear I was gonna do like 8-10 tho. Honest

*hides

WTF happened?!

It's gonna get chilly here next week. I see some longer (5+ mile lel) runs for me then. Riding offroad in the cold. Little desire to be on the road in the cold and almost zero desire to be on the trainer (although that will become inevitable at some point)

#7960569 - 11/12/14 04:04 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: gamby]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

got some stitches from a surfing incident sat [wrist + forehead], was sitting on the rock/ledge at the aptly named 'rockview' spot, nice and deep [deeper than everyone else], it was great, had my choice of waves basically on a crowded day. Well bottom drops out of a set wave I'm on, so I step off to take my beating [rather than risk getting punted from the lip and breaking my neck] so I'm going through the wash-cycle/no biggee when my board comes around and nails me.
I'm sort of instinctively blocking it but obviously not well enough. Ironically I suppose only my face and hands arent covered by at least 3.5mm of neoprene.

anyways update for the thread:
Turkey Trot run/walk @ work, slight improvement from Feb of this year when I ran the same course

this time: 38:28 8:26 avg
splits:
7:29, 8:00, 8:51, 9:16, 8:41
last time: 40:06 8:41 avg
splits:
8:40, 8:25, 8:50, 8:42, 8:55

I think I'm faster than this, just kinda failed to pace properly [went out too fast] then when I hit mile 3 or so I just kinda mentally faded a bit.

HR avg was 153 or so, so I had a bit of reserve I guess [I average about 152 when running a half], was around 160 last half mile or so.

Oh well. Today was a bike commute day also so I was already a little hampered /excuses

CN: shut up and run more /need to get back on the 15+ weekly mileage train

#7961185 - 11/12/14 11:40 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Lol @ your shoe description.

#7961197 - 11/12/14 11:54 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: stickaz_old]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

got some stitches from a surfing incident sat [wrist + forehead],

Greg Brady got hit with that shit from the evil Tiki in Hawaii

#7961770 - 11/13/14 12:19 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: gamby]
Lividentity Offline
Major Member

Did 8 half mile repeats this morning. All the repeats were 7:15-7:45 pace which is fine with me. Also put me at 100.06 miles on the month, shooting for 200 miles this month so that's on target. Feeling good about it all!
#7963108 - 11/14/14 09:09 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Lividentity]
Impulsive Online   nohc
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Vortex hit and it's cold as fuck. Last week was a hoodie and some thin gloves only. Now, it's layers, two hats, thick gloves. Might cut out my morning runs. Didn't do any this week, but that makes my evenings much busier.

I also hate sweating, but still being cold. I also note that after 5-6 miles, my legs must get cold or something because it feels like they turn to wood.

Page 101 of 148 « First<99100101102103>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads