Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2679011 - 05/29/08 12:34 AM HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!!
doc hyogen Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
ok, i have 06 Civic coupe. I know lately i've sorta crammed some laundry baskets and other junk in my trunk almost to capacity. maybe this damaged it somehow.

but yesterday it seemed fine. today I press the button and i can hear the trunk clicking inside, but nothing opens. I try pulling on the trunk while pressing button and nothing.

I tried the lever on the side of my seat and it pulls up but nothing "catches". again, nothing happens with the trunk...just the same clicking noise..

I know that my trunk is not full right now and there shouldn't be anything caught in between or anything.... I tried stopping abruptly while driving forward and backwards to see if it would shake anything loose. still nothing.

the only thing abnormal from yesterday was, because my trunk was pretty full, when I pressed the button the door only opened part way because a laundry basket had caught something...but i was able to manually open the door. hopefully I can get this open!

what to do?

No, I don't have the valet lock on. I've tried locking and unlocking many times. it's not that.

I'm out of warrantee- i called the dealer and of course they want me to bring it in.

I"ve called locksmith--nothing he can really do. he advised me to put weight on the trunk while trying to open it.

the only thing is...how do I fold down the back seats? the only levers are in the trunk...so I can't fold down the back seats! :'(

i've tried putting pressure on my trunk and tried pulling up or pushing forward while pressing the open button....

sigh...there is no key hole in the trunk for EX and Si models.

ive taken most of the bottom seat cushion off, and that doesn't seem like it will lead anywhere either.

there has GOT to be a way to fold the seats without getting INTO the trunk.

what if a kid gets stuck in the trunk? and doesn't know how to push the little button on the inside?!

or a pet?

your kid plays a prank and locks your pet inside your trunk...and it gets jammed.....what then?!

help!!!!!!!!!!

will the dealership be able to do ANYTHING?

thank you for your help.

Traded in for Si after 3.5 months: 2005 Mazda RX-8 new,16-18mpg.

Videos
#2679056 - 05/29/08 12:49 AM Re: HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!! [Re: doc hyogen]
HabaneroSedan Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
i have your solution:

pop off your subwoofer grille, unscrew the sub, pull the sub out and reach through to the "omg i locked myself in my trunk" release. (it's glow in the dark )

i closed my trunk one time with the the release not hooked up and my keyhole as blank

#2679891 - 05/29/08 10:44 AM Re: HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!! [Re: HabaneroSedan]
doc hyogen Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
thanks a lot man...

wow. I will try it during lunchtime.

what if that latch doesn't open the trunk \:\(

i wonder if i could reach to the seat fold down latch...then crawl in trunk and kick the door open \:\( or figure out whats going on,.

Traded in for Si after 3.5 months: 2005 Mazda RX-8 new,16-18mpg.

#2688125 - 06/01/08 11:17 AM Re: HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!! [Re: doc hyogen]
turbolscivic94 Offline

Your truck release is broken, even the omg I locked myself in the truck lever won't open the trunk, sadly this is they way you will need to fix it.

Take the lower part of the back seat out, its only one bolt located between the passenger side rear seat and the middle seat, now with that out of the way you can see the hinge for the rear seats, take the hinge bolt out, pop the seat off the hinge, reach up and hit the seat release. Grab a flashlight, climb in the trunk and unscrew the actuator for the truck release, you can now flip the trunk release with your hand. I think you will find the plastic lever that was designed to open the trunk has broken.

How do I know this you ask, I literally just went through this myself about 2 months ago.

#2688128 - 06/01/08 11:17 AM Re: HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!! [Re: turbolscivic94]
turbolscivic94 Offline

A new trunk actuator piece lists for $40 and its easy to replace yourself.

#2719262 - 06/11/08 09:04 AM Re: HELP. my 06 Si trunk is stuck. will not open!!!!!! [Re: turbolscivic94]
joelq Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I got my dealer to repair mine under warranty. I stuffed some Rubbermaid tubs in my trunk and the trunk actuator assembly cracked as I was trying to close my trunk lid. The actuator has a motor and a worm gear attached to it that pulls the latch open. With the crack, the worm gear wasn't properly seated on the motor.

Check to see if your dealer will fix it for you under warranty.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop