Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#261351 - 05/18/06 12:36 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Jacksonville, FL.
Quote:

190whp should be a lot faster. The em1 Civic which is only 300lbs lighter would be knocking on 13s with that kind of horsepower. You know it.

Put down the crack pipe please and let's try this again.

Maybe the 06' Si typically dynoes high for some reason. The car might be a little bit of a dyno queen. Who knows? All I know is that 190whp means it should have about 230-240 at the flywheel and we all know there's no way it has that much.

i dynoed my old EM1 after all my mods and got 193whp, but when i took it to the track i couldn't break 15 flat b/c of the main pitfall of FWD cars at the track..............TRACTION!!!!!

as i've stated in previous posts in this thread the 06 is rated at a lower comparable HP than it would have been if it would have come out 2 years ago so your estimation of BHP to WHP is off

and check out what TOV got out of there pre-production Si
TOV - 06 Si Dyno Results

like they state the pre-production models tend to dyno better because honda hand builds the cars before handing it over to whoever gets them

Videos
#261352 - 05/18/06 06:21 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
yablargo Offline
Poster

Loc: NJ USA
Lower trap means he launched lower and didnt spin much, at all. My best time has come from a pretty low trap speed.

Dont you usually trap lower with slicks on as well?

#261353 - 05/18/06 09:45 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Cicada Offline

Loc: Canuckistan
Stop bench racing and go out and drive your cars.

#261354 - 05/18/06 01:21 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
06redsi Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Houston TX
Quote:

Quote:

Whatever I'm smoking doesn't even compare to the shit that you're on.

Great comback. I agree with what you're saying though. The numbers dont lie. A 2700lbs car with 190whp should not be runnin 15s

Thats because they dont, they run mid to low 14's with a good driver you ********, one guy did 14.2 at 97 or somthing with just a cat back. The time you have seen are from un experienced drivers!!! just like when people in rsxs run high 15's and shit

#261355 - 05/18/06 04:51 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Queens Village, NY
Quote:

Umm, how can someone who had an 11 second car not know that your trapspeed is your terminal velocity at the end of the quarter mile, not your average speed ? No 1/4 mile track uses your average speed.

And how exactly are you going to prove that?

Please, do not come here and make an ass out of yourself with a dumbfounded comment such as this. Especially if it's going to be your first post.

Geez.

#261356 - 05/18/06 05:08 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

190whp should be a lot faster. The em1 Civic which is only 300lbs lighter would be knocking on 13s with that kind of horsepower. You know it.

Put down the crack pipe please and let's try this again.

Maybe the 06' Si typically dynoes high for some reason. The car might be a little bit of a dyno queen. Who knows? All I know is that 190whp means it should have about 230-240 at the flywheel and we all know there's no way it has that much.

i dynoed my old EM1 after all my mods and got 193whp, but when i took it to the track i couldn't break 15 flat b/c of the main pitfall of FWD cars at the track..............TRACTION!!!!!

as i've stated in previous posts in this thread the 06 is rated at a lower comparable HP than it would have been if it would have come out 2 years ago so your estimation of BHP to WHP is off

and check out what TOV got out of there pre-production Si
TOV - 06 Si Dyno Results

like they state the pre-production models tend to dyno better because honda hand builds the cars before handing it over to whoever gets them

You couldn't break 15s with a 193whp 2600lbs car only because of two possible reasons. You either can't drive or you are at a bad track at a high elevation.

I had 180whp in my 00'Si when I had a JRSC and ran 14.1-14.2 all day with so so 60' times.

#261357 - 05/18/06 07:02 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

You couldn't break 15s with a 193whp 2600lbs car only because of two possible reasons. You either can't drive or you are at a bad track at a high elevation.

I had 180whp in my 00'Si when I had a JRSC and ran 14.1-14.2 all day with so so 60' times.

like i stated before my car was dynoed on a mustang dynometer that does rate it higher than what i've see on others and i was running it at gainesville raceway here in FL and like i said I couldn't catch traction for shit the whole time.

you had a JRSC and 180whp??? sounds low to me, when my N/A car put down 193whp with just some mild head work & I/H/E, but like i said the dyno i was on overrated my car some

Sean aka HarryPotterSi - Courtesy of OSM

#261358 - 05/18/06 08:00 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
MR WRX Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:

Quote:

Umm, how can someone who had an 11 second car not know that your trapspeed is your terminal velocity at the end of the quarter mile, not your average speed ? No 1/4 mile track uses your average speed.

Please, do not come here and make an ass out of yourself with a dumbfounded comment such as this. Especially if it's going to be your first post.

Geez.

Umm, how about basic math. If trap speed was the average speed, you could calculate this yourself very easily since you know the distance traveled and the time it took to travel that distance. For example, lets say a Civic Si has an ET of say 15 seconds throught the 1/4 flat for simplicities sake. The average speed would be 1/4 times 240(this is how many times 15 seconds goes into one hour so that the denominator is in hours so we can get mile per hour). This would be an average speed of 60mph through the 1320. Have you ever seen someone with a 60mph trap with a 15 second et. Or, you could simply look down at your speed after you go throughth traps. I trap at 100mph, and what do you know, when I look down at my speedo throught the traps I'm going - tadda - 100mph.

How about knowing what your talking about before spouting miss-information on the net Mr. "11 seconds", or taking some math classes.

Trap speed is generally a good indication of the power a car is putting out, while ET is the ability of that person or car to put down the power effectively, i.e., not spinning the tires too much or bogging too much.

#261359 - 05/18/06 09:07 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Geez.

Umm, how about basic math. If trap speed was the average speed, you could calculate this yourself very easily since you know the distance traveled and the time it took to travel that distance. For example, lets say a Civic Si has an ET of say 15 seconds throught the 1/4 flat for simplicities sake. The average speed would be 1/4 times 240(this is how many times 15 seconds goes into one hour so that the denominator is in hours so we can get mile per hour). This would be an average speed of 60mph through the 1320. Have you ever seen someone with a 60mph trap with a 15 second et. Or, you could simply look down at your speed after you go throughth traps. I trap at 100mph, and what do you know, when I look down at my speedo throught the traps I'm going - tadda - 100mph.

How about knowing what your talking about before spouting miss-information on the net Mr. "11 seconds", or taking some math classes.

Trap speed is generally a good indication of the power a car is putting out, while ET is the ability of that person or car to put down the power effectively, i.e., not spinning the tires too much or bogging too much.

Hey Dildo, pshhht....you're just digging your own grave ,

I never said trap speed is the average for the whole 1320'. Go back to reading my post mr WRX. If you can't understand simple English you're just not worth arguing with.

As far as my former 11sec car that you seem to think was a fantasy, well I've been in this forum for 5 years, I've got plenty of folks who can vouch for me and my old car. I've drag raced it for s6 years, going through n/a mods, a supercharger and then a built turbo engine. I've got nothing to prove to you though.

You on the other hand, from what I can tell, are probably a novice or completely estranged to drag racing.

So do us all a favor and STFU and go learn your shit before you come here attacking me with your nonsense.

Thanks.

#261360 - 05/18/06 09:11 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

like i stated before my car was dynoed on a mustang dynometer that does rate it higher than what i've see on others and i was running it at gainesville raceway here in FL and like i said I couldn't catch traction for shit the whole time.

you had a JRSC and 180whp??? sounds low to me, when my N/A car put down 193whp with just some mild head work & I/H/E, but like i said the dyno i was on overrated my car some

Sounds like your dyno was inflated. If you had a b16, there is no way in hell you would be putting down 193whp without a completely built engine or some nitrous/forced induction. Hence the reason you couldn't get out of the 15s.
The JRSC when I had it was untuned at 6psi. It still ran about a second faster than your "193whp" N/a car though.

Just some food for thought.

Edited by cliff st-clair (05/18/06 09:13 PM)

#261361 - 05/19/06 02:36 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Sounds like your dyno was inflated. If you had a b16, there is no way in hell you would be putting down 193whp without a completely built engine or some nitrous/forced induction. Hence the reason you couldn't get out of the 15s.
The JRSC when I had it was untuned at 6psi. It still ran about a second faster than your "193whp" N/a car though.

Just some food for thought.

i listed my mods in a previous post and like i've stated MANY times that my car was dynoed on a mustang dynometer which does give you inflated #'s

a JRSC should run faster than a N/A with headwork and i'm not denying that

your food for thought would be to read the persons entire post BEFORE relpying

#261362 - 05/19/06 04:46 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Hmmm... Mustang dynos typically read lower than say a dynojet or dynapack. But it's possible that it was calibrated to read high.

I fail to see your main point though, I mean, why would you even bring your car into the discussion if you didn't think it actually made a believable 193whp? As far as the low numbers on my jrsc well, the 00 Si had roughly 132whp stock. I'm not sure how you can expect to get much more than 50whp out of that shitty blower that came with that kit.

I did get it to 225whp later on though, with a 10psi pulley and hondata tuning. It ran 13.7@104mph then, but the motor blew eventually.

But back on the topic at hand though, which should be summed up with the following statement: The 06 Si if it had indeed 190whp, would be a legit mid 14sec car, but it's not, so therefore it makes nowhere near 190whp in reality, no matter what those dynos say. Anyone who believe it does is just another blindsided fanboi.

Amen.

#261363 - 05/19/06 06:20 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Jokieman Offline

Loc: Florida.
Quote:

It might be the dyno. For instance, my butt dyno had me at eleventybajillion WHP, but I am pretty sure that was high.

It's called TORQUE, and the cobalt SS has 200 Ft lbs of it, and the Civic SI is what? 138 or so?

Torque=speed off the line
Horsepower=Top End.

That's why the civic's trap speeds aren't as good.

#261364 - 05/19/06 06:22 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Jokieman Offline

Loc: Florida.
Quote:

well i bet the gear ratios in the cobalt are shit and that is another factor you have to take into effect on the drag strip & also take into effect the Si gets the benefit of an LSD

it's tough to estimate a car's 1/4 mile time based upon it's dynoed WHP b/c there are too many unknowns on the track vs the controlled environment of the dyno

like i said in my previous post i think the numbers are slightly inflated............like 10-15hp to the high side

Cobalt has the G85 package that includes an LSD as well. Gear Ratio's are fine. Civic's just don't have as much torque which means they're going to be a bit slower off the line until they reach the high revs.

#261365 - 05/19/06 07:10 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

I fail to see your main point though, I mean, why would you even bring your car into the discussion if you didn't think it actually made a believable 193whp?

i brought my car's high dyno results to disagree with another posters post(06redsi) of a mustang dyno being an accurate dyno

but i originally brought my car up to compare the HP rating systems and to show people that the difference between BHP & WHP are less now b/c of the new SAE ratings

I used my car as the EM1 to compare it to what the 06 Si would have been expected to dyno using the old ratings here:

00 SI - 160bhp -------140whp(using dynoject)
06 SI - 197bhp -------173whp(what it could be using 7bhp:8whp ratio)

with the new rating systems cars are actually listed with10-15BHP less from what they would have been released using the old system

ie- 06 Si would have had between 210-215BHP using the old system, so to dyno a stock 06 and get in the 180's in WHP isn't out of the question for the car if it was stock

also, remember Honda had originally listed the 06 Si with 200 BHP, but dropped it some to give more incentive for buyers to consider the RSX-S and for insurance premiums

Quote:

But back on the topic at hand though, which should be summed up with the following statement: The 06 Si if it had indeed 190whp, would be a legit mid 14sec car, but it's not, so therefore it makes nowhere near 190whp in reality, no matter what those dynos say

the original poster did have some mods done to his car(intake, exhaust, intake manifold gasket), so his car should put out numbers a little higher than the factory set, but my opinion was that they were somewhat inflated and if he was to dyno using a dynapack his results would be more accurate

#261366 - 05/21/06 09:35 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

It might be the dyno. For instance, my butt dyno had me at eleventybajillion WHP, but I am pretty sure that was high.

It's called TORQUE, and the cobalt SS has 200 Ft lbs of it, and the Civic SI is what? 138 or so?

Torque=speed off the line
Horsepower=Top End.

That's why the civic's trap speeds aren't as good.

That is not entirely true. Torque allows you to get to your powerband faster, it's not going to make a difference in trap speed unless there is more horsepower.

I bet you a cobalt SS would pull a Civic Si from any speed, rolling starts from 30mph, 60. 90mph, I'd expect the SS to beat it because it's simply more powerful.

#261367 - 05/21/06 10:04 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

I fail to see your main point though, I mean, why would you even bring your car into the discussion if you didn't think it actually made a believable 193whp?

i brought my car's high dyno results to disagree with another posters post(06redsi) of a mustang dyno being an accurate dyno

but i originally brought my car up to compare the HP rating systems and to show people that the difference between BHP & WHP are less now b/c of the new SAE ratings

I used my car as the EM1 to compare it to what the 06 Si would have been expected to dyno using the old ratings here:

with the new rating systems cars are actually listed with10-15BHP less from what they would have been released using the old system

ie- 06 Si would have had between 210-215BHP using the old system, so to dyno a stock 06 and get in the 180's in WHP isn't out of the question for the car if it was stock

also, remember Honda had originally listed the 06 Si with 200 BHP, but dropped it some to give more incentive for buyers to consider the RSX-S and for insurance premiums

Quote:

But back on the topic at hand though, which should be summed up with the following statement: The 06 Si if it had indeed 190whp, would be a legit mid 14sec car, but it's not, so therefore it makes nowhere near 190whp in reality, no matter what those dynos say

the original poster did have some mods done to his car(intake, exhaust, intake manifold gasket), so his car should put out numbers a little higher than the factory set, but my opinion was that they were somewhat inflated and if he was to dyno using a dynapack his results would be more accurate

Ok, I guess we're slowly but surely getting on the same page. I understand why you think it should dyno around 180whp and heck maybe it does, but it still runs 15s for the most part or very high 14s at best. Even at 2870lbs (and most guys take out their spare and jack at the track so racing weight is uusually less than that) The car should be deeper in the 14s with even 180whp and it shoudl trap a lot higher than the common 92-93mph I see all the time.

That's why I said earlier that it performs like a car with 165-170whp.

#261368 - 05/21/06 11:26 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Ok, I guess we're slowly but surely getting on the same page. I understand why you think it should dyno around 180whp and heck maybe it does, but it still runs 15s for the most part or very high 14s at best. Even at 2870lbs (and most guys take out their spare and jack at the track so racing weight is uusually less than that) The car should be deeper in the 14s with even 180whp and it shoudl trap a lot higher than the common 92-93mph I see all the time.

That's why I said earlier that it performs like a car with 165-170whp.

well just like i said in another previous post if you would have read everything i had wrote there wouldn't have been a confusion

i don't own the car ( waiting for the sedan ), so I wouldn't know how the car drives or should react at the track. you must take into thought that the car has only been out a couple of months and the times will reduce once people get use to their cars and get enough seat time in them. we'll see lower ET's in the future

#261369 - 12/23/06 12:06 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
00tec Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A mustang dyno is the most accurate dyno to use for tuning purposes because it applies a realistic load on the vehicle during the run. Most people don't like mustang dynos because they produce lower numbers (usually about 10% lower than a dyno jet)

In reality the peak numbers from a dyno mean absolutely nothing, who really cares??? Peak numbers are for bragging rights only. The true advantage to a dyno is for tuning the car, not a peak number. Those of us who have had their hands in Hondas for a while have seen so many dyno charts differ from car to car, mod to mod, etc... In the end, who really cares about peak numbers? Why even both posting them?? Go to the shop, get your car tuned properly (mustang dyno is your best bet imo) then post your track numbers, because that’s all that really matters. Dick’s 97 civic lx with a supercharger can produce 195whp at Don’s dyno tuning shop on 4th street, and make 175 whp at Bob’s big tune on 8th street the same day. As long as the cars tuned right, who gives a shit???

I don't doubt that the thread starter made 197whp (or whatever the number was) however; I also believe that my 05 rsx-s will make close to 200 whp at that same dyno. I am also willing to bet that both our cars will not make near that much power on a mustang dyno or some other dyno jet else where.

When your crank HP = your WHP you may want to call Houston with a problem!

#261370 - 12/23/06 01:25 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
jrstineiiii Offline
Poster

Loc: A.A. County Maryland.
how shitty did you feel when you saw that your max hp was aroun 200, with all the shit you did to your car, your heart had to be broken, i wouldve killed myself. I know you said it was running rich but after ridin around with a turbo thinkin "my car is pimp" then to see those numbers damn man.

06 Civic Si Rallye red:
-aem cai
-dc sports header
-dc sports exhaust
-comptech ss
-7000k HID's
-15% tint
-eclipse 5435 nav.
-Progress rear swaybar

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to: