Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2470834 - 03/24/08 10:53 PM greddy header problem (Fixed Yay)
209_dup2 Offline
Poster

Loc: Tracy, CA
i put in my greddy header it sounded like i had an exhaust leak were it connects to the cat,(makes a loud hizzing sound) but i checked it twise and no leak, but it also started to rattle in first gear i sounded like a ricer, so i took it to a muffler shop to check for leaks and he said it didnt have any, he even lifted the car and reved it an he said it was all good. So should i be hearing this noise, is it normal, does it go away? I used my oem doughnut gasket, that might be the problem right? maybe i need a new one or a different size for this header? but over all the car runs about normal no real loss of power just an anoying ass sound

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kIcZWuYncKA

Edited by 209_dup2 (03/29/08 02:52 PM)

Videos
#2471218 - 03/25/08 01:40 AM Re: greddy header problem (video inside) [Re: 209_dup2]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
sounds like your exhaust is hitting something...possibly the suspension?

that was cool (running over the camera).

....actually sounds like a heat shield vibrating against the exhaust...

#2471278 - 03/25/08 02:23 AM Re: greddy header problem (video inside) [Re: Euphoricuck]
strsi Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: CA
I can't notice anything in the video, but i'm sure its one of those things that need to be heard in real life.

From what a saw it looks fine installation wise. Yes, ur fine using the oem doughnut gasket on that header.

Try removing the heat shield from the cat, sometimes it rattles a bit.

1994 EG Hatch

2000 BMW 328ci

207 Forever- RIP

#2473390 - 03/25/08 03:53 PM Re: greddy header problem (video inside) [Re: strsi]
209_dup2 Offline
Poster

Loc: Tracy, CA
ive been paying more attention to the noise, i think its all rattle, so im going to do what strsi said take off the heat shield se what that does

Update: Well i fixed it, it was such a simple problem that i missed it all together, it was an exhaust leak were the pipe from the header conects to the cat, I guess the stock bolts werent letting it seal all the way so i got some other bolts and ta-ran problem fixed. Thanks guys for the help

Edited by 209_dup2 (03/29/08 02:55 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Runnin@Redline Jr, Dr. BrokenLimits, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads