Page 10 of 19 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#1654383 - 07/17/07 12:50 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So-Cal
Well, if you look at the land of the rising sun, where Toyota is 1st, Nissan is 2nd and Honda is tied with Subaru or possibly below Subaru, Honda certainly doesn't >>>>>>> anything, except maybe Daihatsu.

And it's electronically LIMITED to 150, I have no idea what it would do without the limiter.

I like my Viscous LSD, I can do nice, 2 rear wheel burnouts.

Videos
#1654398 - 07/17/07 12:54 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
NoiZe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Nashville, TN
Originally Posted By: kdfalk
Well, if you look at the land of the rising sun, where Toyota is 1st, Nissan is 2nd and Honda is tied with Subaru or possibly below Subaru, Honda certainly doesn't >>>>>>> anything, except maybe Daihatsu.

And it's electronically LIMITED to 150, I have no idea what it would do without the limiter.

But we're not in the land of the rising sun, are we?

#1654420 - 07/17/07 12:58 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: NoiZe

That's where all those cars are from, including your bottom feeding Mitsubishi which is on it's dying legs as a car company. If you haven't figured this out on your own, I (and pretty much ALL OF YOU) like Japanese cars. Therefore, it's perfectly fitting to reference their home country in debates.

#1654467 - 07/17/07 01:09 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
dropzone52 Offline
Post Master

The ONLY car I've ever lost to was an E55, and those fuckers are fast. An IS300 couldn't leave me at all. I never said the Q is a super fast car, but it holds it's own nicely.

I don't understand how go from saying the *only* car you've ever lost a race to is an E55 (a legitimately fast car) and then follow it up by saying you could hang with an IS300 (a legitimately slow car.) Either you're delusional or you only race cripples.

Also, at the risk of getting my head chopped off, Cadillac usually gives you real wood. I remember my mom's '95 STS came with the highly touted "zebrano wood" trim.

#1654469 - 07/17/07 01:09 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Spring Hill, FL
This thread is going beyond pathetic. I can't believe how far you are willing to go defending all the mediocre and crappy stuff in your car.

Quote:
Either you're delusional or you only race cripples.

Yep. When the best I can do is "<insert 15 second car> couldn't leave me" it is time for me to turn in my fucking wrenches. If your modded car is slower than a stock SRT-4, why did you even bother?

One of the big benefits of having a fast car is that you don't have a close race to a traffic merge every time you get next to a minivan or an IS300. And yes, many minivans are about as fast as an IS300. The honda oddessey has vtec and runs 15s yo. Back when my car was stock I couldn't get away from honda odesseys.

#1654492 - 07/17/07 01:14 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
NoiZe Offline
Post Master Sr

That's where all those cars are from, including your bottom feeding Mitsubishi which is on it's dying legs as a car company. If you haven't figured this out on your own, I (and pretty much ALL OF YOU) like Japanese cars. Therefore, it's perfectly fitting to reference their home country in debates.

But the thing your thick walled empty little skull does not comprehend is that Nissan/Infiniti cars are NOT viewed as luxury in THIS country where we are and these cars (yours, mine, mostly everyone in this thread) are right now. The are especially not luxury compared to the European cars of the same size and class, which offer a lot more "luxurious appointments". Even saying that makes me want to gag.

What is happening in the Japanese domestic car market is NOT parallel to what is happening in our market, and thus a completely useless reference for debate when you are clear as crystal that we're talking about the United States and how "VIP" is perceived to most here. Your car in its current state might be a common site in Japanese business parking lots, but here in the US it sticks out like a hot pink unicorn with a telephone pole shoved up its butt.

BTW, even overseas in your Gay Dee Imm motherland paradigm, my bottom feeding Mitsubishi in stock configuration will handily whip any current production Nissan in any/all categories of measured performance. Unlike yourself, I didn't buy my car to get Japanese middle school chicks all hot and bothered, I bought it for the experience behind the wheel. ;\)

#1654505 - 07/17/07 01:17 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

No, it's your thick walled vacuum that does not comprehend that Infiniti IS viewed as a luxury brand in THIS country. Dickwad \:\)

And I LOVE driving my Q. It's a fuckin blast. I've had many cars over my 22 years as a licensed driver, loved them all, but I really, really like this Q.

#1654512 - 07/17/07 01:19 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

And for reference, I bought the Q because I wanted a large, 4 door, v8 powered RWD sedan. I was tired of the sporty compact thing and wanted a car to cruise in. But I still drive way too fast, it just blends in more now.

#1654521 - 07/17/07 01:21 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
SEANSE-R Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West MI
Eh, Sentra's had a viscous LSD back as far as 91. or was it 92?
#1654536 - 07/17/07 01:26 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

No, it's your thick walled vacuum that does not comprehend that Infiniti IS viewed as a luxury brand in THIS country. Dickwad \:\)

Viewed by who? People other than you? I don't think so. Everyone I met who drives an infiniti either
a) bought one of the newer (2004+) models which are actually quite decent thanks to Ghosn unfucking the company.
b) bought a mid 90s one that had depreciated like a falling rock and was thus a bargain. They didn't buy it because it was a pimp ride.

Every nissan owner I know thinks the mid-90s to early 2000s infinitis looked crappy and were uninspiring. Non-car-people who own infinities have flat old told me "this is a rebadged <insert nissan car>." Nissan lost its touch in the early 90s and didn't find it again for about 10 years. IMO early Lexus cars were guilty of all the same sins, as was Mercury, Lincoln, Cadillac, Audi, etc, but that doesn't justify it. It sure as hell doesn't make it luxurious or exotic.

And I LOVE driving my Q. It's a fuckin blast.

Hahahahaha. No. A stock miata or MR2 is a fucking blast. Taking a land barge through the twisties is just sad. I should know. I own a grand marquis and a heavily modified miata. The land barge can be fun to a point, but the difference between a sports car and a large, understeering sedan is like night and day.

#1654577 - 07/17/07 01:32 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes, of course it is, but it can still be fun. The Y33 Q has a very stiff body, aided by front and rear STB's and then add 2" drop Tein's with KYB SR Special, plus 245/35 & 275/30 tires, the Q is quite fun, and quite surprising. But I'm sure your Marquis is exactly the same, drives exactly the same, and is basically the same car.

In reality, I've probably had my license to drive longer than you've been alive. I've driven all kinds of cool, and very fast (Nascar late model anyone?) cars in my life, and yes, I can enjoy driving the Q. It's not the understeering sedan your Marquis (of my Q when stock) might be.

#1654641 - 07/17/07 01:41 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

I almost as old as you, so that probably isn't the case.

I've driven a lot of different cars over the years and 2200 lb sports car > 4000 lb whatever. It is just too difficult to effectively dampen that much weight sloshing around in the corners unless you spend a ton of money. And I saw your mod list so I know that your enthusiasm is due to low expectations rather than the handling of your car.

And the other important distinction is that I got the marquis because I needed a giant land barge to tow the miata and commute/carry guests in. The miata isn't really much of a people or machinery hauler. I got it because it was cheap and because replacement parts were readily available. Unlike you, I recognize that my car is just a rebadged taxi/cop car.

#1654690 - 07/17/07 01:49 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
Originally Posted By: NoiZe

nope, but even here we see that honda builds some of the most boring vehicles ever. at least toyota's higher line has some rwd cars in it...damn.

we can feed the american companies into this, but it wouldn't change much. all honda has is the aura of reliability. the germans have plenty of fanboys, so their offerings tend to skew things a bit, but even that doesn't change much.

by current standards, infiniti needs to step up their interior game. the G, for example, looks hot on the outside but somewhat bland on the inside. i'm halfassedly cross-shopping the IS350 and the new G sedan and finding myself back in the IS based mostly on the interior. the M and Q improve on this a bit, but their plastics need to either be improved or ditched. that said, tossing my grandfather's m35 around was a blast compared to the pricepoint-competitive 530i, which felt cheap inside and drove very much like a buick.

the problem with german cars, and why i don't feel comfortable with their status right now, is that you can't get anything worth a damn until you either go for the top model, or option the ever loving shit out of one. the mini is, hilariously, a great example of this. the base setup is too nice for the comparison, but the 4 or 5 grand leather interior is way beyond what the car should have, haha

re: viscous lsd...
bleh on that shite. if anyone makes a good clutched or even helical, then kdfalk should hit that shit like the angry fist of god. yeah yeah i know clutch type is OMG TEH BETS but it requires regular service and, well, i'm really fucking lazy.

like you couldn't even imagine.

seriously.

like, have you seen anything to make you believe i ever use the shift key? fuck no. i capslock shit for emphasis but never leadcap anything if it isn't necessary \:D <!---end tangent-->

well shit, another tangent: speaking of lsd's, anyone know if the sti has 1-way or 1.5way lsd's all around? *googling it now*

#1654691 - 07/17/07 01:49 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Jesus, ok, your right. I DON'T enjoy driving my car. (I do), and for the LAST FUCKING TIME, the Q is NOT A RE-BADGED TAXI or a COP CAR. It's a re-badged NISSAN CIMA. FUCKING PERIOD.

And to set the god damned record straight, your Marquis isn't a re-badged taxi/cop car, it's a re-badged Crown Vic, and the taxi/cop cars are re-badged Crown Vics too.

#1654729 - 07/17/07 01:57 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Yes, of course it is, but it can still be fun. The Y33 Q has a very stiff body, aided by front and rear STB's and then add 2" drop Tein's with KYB SR Specia

GTFO

Yes, the drop makes it handle. Troll deluxe.

Or you really think like this...

#1654743 - 07/17/07 02:02 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

One parts bin, many cars.

We don't have anything against your car per se, just your proclaimed perceptions of it.
Just accept that
-your car is a merely competent sedan made during a low point in Nissan's history, both financially and design-wise. They cheaped out everywhere they could and it shows. You don't think 99 percent of this board is laughing at you just to be mean, do you?
-the pillow looks god awful. At least get a matching leather pillow or something. Leopard skin is just wrong.
-the carpet needs to be cleaned
-the tassel looks gay. I don't care that you sell them for a living.
-the curtains look gay. Again, don't care if you sell them. Dont care if other cars have made them work. They look gay.

And like I said before, you cheaped out on handling mods, you are full of shit.

Waits for the inevitable "I was just joking, fooled you guys" post as this retard realizes how pathetic he is and tries to salvage some of his dignity.

#1654774 - 07/17/07 02:09 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

The springs, plus shocks, plus VERY wide tires make it handle better than it did. YEs, that's the case here. Fuck you, troll.

By 99% of the board, do you mean the same 5 people including you?

The carpet had 1 spot in that pic, and I clean them regularly with Blue Coral because it works, and smells good.

How did I "cheap out on handling mods"???????????? Because I put springs and high performance shocks on it (KYB New SR Special, that's really the name, are performance gas struts)???????? 300 for springs (not my cost) and 800 for shocks (my cost) is hardly cheap IMO.

I'm afraid it's you that's full of shit, up to your fucking ears.
Retard.

#1654785 - 07/17/07 02:12 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's pretty well accepted that KYB makes garbage suspension components, "New SR Special" or not
#1654796 - 07/17/07 02:15 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Oh, thanks for the clarification noob. But you're wrong. KYB is also the OEM component so it's always nice to use the OEM brand since they developed parts for the car in the first place.

American KYB AGX might be weaksauce, but they make good parts as well.

#1654805 - 07/17/07 02:16 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

I tell you what, you are ALL invited to meet me and DRIVE my Q with me in the passenger seat. Until then, you can't form an opinion on how the car drives because you haven't driven it. Other people in the US who have bought the Tein springs from me, and the KYB's from someone else swear they love it, but I'm sure they're just making it all up.

#1654809 - 07/17/07 02:16 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Dude it doesn't matter what you paid for them, KYB is a bargain brand and the non-adjustables might as well be stock.

And springs are springs. As long as you picked the right length and spring rate, you don't really get much more by paying extra.

#1654818 - 07/17/07 02:18 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

KYB might be a bargain brand to you, but they make good stuff. Might as well be stock? Nope. The stock front's are an oil bath design, made strictly for comfort. The SR's are gas, performance shocks. Completely different animal.

#1654822 - 07/17/07 02:19 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, thanks for the clarification noob. But you're wrong. KYB is also the OEM component so it's always nice to use the OEM brand since they developed parts for the car in the first place.

Heh, "noob".

Tokico's are used by Nissan as OEM dampers too but that doesn't make them good either, though they're generally better than KYB's.

#1654830 - 07/17/07 02:21 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

So then what, is Bilstein the only company on Earth that makes a good shock? How can a single one of you have any clue at all since the New SR's aren't even sold in the USA????? GTFO.

#1654834 - 07/17/07 02:22 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: max

Heh, "noob".

Tokico's are used by Nissan as OEM dampers too but that doesn't make them good either, though they're generally better than KYB's.

He really, truly doesn't get it.

#1654835 - 07/17/07 02:22 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

I doubt many companies make performance shocks for your car, to be honest.

#1654837 - 07/17/07 02:24 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

I don't get it because I don't drive a Civic with a VW engine yo!!!!

Tein, Espelir, Swift all make springs for it. Bilstein makes the shocks for Junction Produces top line of coilovers for it. Insurance, JIC, and about 7 other brands all make coilovers for it.

Actually.

#1654841 - 07/17/07 02:25 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Tein, Espelir, Swift all make springs for it. Bilstein makes the shocks for Junction Produces top line of coilovers for it. Insurance, JIC, and about 7 other brands all make coilovers for it.

Actually.

More JDM name dropping like any of us give a fuck.

#1654844 - 07/17/07 02:26 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Clearly you DO give a fuck, otherwise you wouldn't STILL be posting in this thread.

#1654860 - 07/17/07 02:30 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Clearly you DO give a fuck, otherwise you wouldn't STILL be posting in this thread.

I'm in here because I'm bored and you're a JDM-sweet brainwashed cockjuggler. My car isn't any better, but at least I can admit it. VIP.

#1654878 - 07/17/07 02:35 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
pete5332000 Offline

Loc: 7426 Hubbard Avenue, Middleton...
This thread is more like the 30 car pileup w/ Medflight on the highway that no matter what your intentions, you still slow down and gawk.
'00 Civic Si '90 GMC Sierra (broken) '88 Chevy 1/2 ton (fixed) Oh, this is the new, kinder, gentler SvA. None of that sarcastic, hateful, flaming for the sake of flaming crap. We're just gonna discuss tech stuff & get along with everyone. If you like, later on we're gonna toast marshmallows & make smores around a burning barrel of diesel while the diabetics & Atkins freaks sing kumbaya & braid each others' hair. - NOHC

#1654925 - 07/17/07 02:49 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Buffalo NY
Originally Posted By: killerbeeVR6

I'm in here because I'm bored and you're a JDM-sweet brainwashed cockjuggler. My car isn't any better, but at least I can admit it. VIP.

No. You've at least done real work* to your car. If memory serves, a hell of a lot of work*. Even though you never came through with dyno sheets or timeslips (if memory serves),I still have a lot more respect for someone who actually gets out there and DOES something cool/different to their car, instead of blindly swinging from the nuts of the "land of the rising sun"

*No reasonable person would call "work," throwing a few faggy looking pillows in the back seat and calling it a day.

Edited by ResisterGo (07/17/07 02:50 PM)

#1654996 - 07/17/07 03:04 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
Originally Posted By: killerbeeVR6

Actually.

More JDM name dropping like any of us give a fuck.

it's a japanese car of limited circulation. is it really that surprising that the only people bothering to make suspension components for it are...predominantly...japanese? *twirl finger in air*

edit: and i'm in the same boat. it seems that while my stock struts are kyb, there aren't ANY aftermarket struts available for my car beyond Ohlins. that wouldn't be a problem if i had 2 grand to just toss at struts, i guess, but i'd want to get a decently matched spring, a set of strut tops that allow camber adjustment, and then a good alignment. i'm looking at 2k to over 3k depending on how involved i want to go.

if i'm just looking for a set of struts to improve on the factory setup...i'm fucked.

Edited by jsmonet (07/17/07 03:07 PM)

#1655002 - 07/17/07 03:05 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Gets out and does something different huh? Like that I have one of a very, very few modded Q45s in a whole country different, or that doesn't count? Have you ever seen a modded Q45 on the road in your entire life? I seriously doubt it in Buttfuckalo, as in the 3.5 years I've had mine in a land of millions of cars, I've NEVER seen another like it. What a cunt bag you are.

WORK:
Work Euroline FS
Tein S-tech
KYB New SR Special
Stillen front lip
Magnaflow exhaust (rear muffler delete)
body matched spoiler and lower trim
tint
Pioneer AVIC D3 + monitors
curtains made for cars
Nissan CIMA GT grille
Silverstar headlights, turn signals and fog light bulbs

maintenance:
all suspension rubber
tie rods
alternator
knock sensors
map/bar switch
Amsoil engine oil
Amsoil diff lube + Slip-loc
Valvoline Syn brake fluid
Redline ATF
Valvoline syn power steering flush
annual engine & cabin air filters

I've spent quite a few dollars on WORK.

Where did I see "throwing a few (one) faggy looking pillows" being called "work". Fuck you dude. Seriously.

#1655032 - 07/17/07 03:13 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
NoiZe Offline
Post Master Sr

Dude, you have to get off the "five people" in this thread knocking the car. I started counting people flaming you and/or your car and got 31 members in the first four pages. Maybe they only came in once and got bored of your ride/posts, but there are a lot more than 5 people in thread that think the VIP stuff is gay.

I'm pretty sure there were several people in OT that thought it was gay too. If you put a poll up "Is my car cool or does it suck", the sucks would have it... by a lot.

In the end it doesn't matter, because if you like your car, that IS all that matters. But stop trying to demand respect from people that see it as riduculous. Take your pills and get over it.

Page 10 of 19 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads