Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1052235 - 02/15/07 02:06 AM nitrous on a 07 SI
Manuel Gutierrez Offline

Loc: Spokane Wa,
I am getting a 07 si tomorrow and i wanted to get nitrous because i dont have the money for a turbo... should i just save up and get a turbo kit or should i get a nitrous kit and them save up for a turbo kit.. and what kind of kit should i get and how much should i run to be on the safe side
Videos
#1052238 - 02/15/07 02:06 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: Manuel Gutierrez]
Manuel Gutierrez Offline

i have about a grand to play with
#1053294 - 02/15/07 12:21 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: Manuel Gutierrez]
HighOctane Offline
Post Master

Loc: Chicago, IL
I think nitrous is kinda useless. I'd save up and get the Greddy or AJP turbo kit. Or even the Comptech supercharger.

#1054015 - 02/15/07 03:03 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: HighOctane]
vollrathian Offline

Loc: florida
Originally Posted By: HighOctane
I think nitrous is kinda useless. I'd save up and get the Greddy or AJP turbo kit. Or even the Comptech supercharger.

+1 why spend your money on both, just go turbo

#1055834 - 02/16/07 12:05 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: vollrathian]
Anonymous
Unregistered

boost baby boost
#1148237 - 03/12/07 03:25 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: ]
james178 Offline

no! there has been problems with ajp and comptech. go with a N.O.S. dbw wet nitrous kit. you can sray a 50shot safely with the stock clutch and you can run a 100shot with a upgraded clutch with no worries about timing issues because the ecu will do it instantly as soon as knock is detected
#1157001 - 03/14/07 08:16 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: james178]
Manuel Gutierrez Offline

would i be able to feel the 50 shot.. will it even be worth it
#1157518 - 03/14/07 10:21 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: Manuel Gutierrez]
james178 Offline

would you? big time. check out 8thcivic.com and look up blu by u, he is making 256whp and 191ftq from a 50shot. thats some awesome gains and it looks as this motor likes nitrous. and by only using a 50shot the bottle will last a little longer

Edited by james178 (03/14/07 10:22 PM)

#1159288 - 03/15/07 01:21 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: james178]
SickSi99 Offline
Poster

Loc: Baton Rouge, LA
lose the bottle get the turbo.

#1160219 - 03/15/07 05:48 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: SickSi99]
civicsidude Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: somewhere in florida
from the sounds of it your going to blow your motor, due to the inexperience and need to go fast cheaply.

Nitrous should only be used by someone with a light foot and some automotive knowledge since it is the most dangerous to your engine of the power adders

MY DVD collection

#1160312 - 03/15/07 06:13 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: civicsidude]
james178 Offline

next.....

Edited by james178 (03/15/07 06:16 PM)

#1160318 - 03/15/07 06:16 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: civicsidude]
james178 Offline

anyone can use nitrous and hes not going to blow his motor with a 50shot or 100shot in the new si. any kind of power adder will alter the life of the engine and the way i look at it with nitruos his motor will last longer because its not always being used like a turbo/supercharger especially a 50shot and most the time he will still just be n/a. go for it and you really should get out of this forum and go over to 8thcivic.com. theres alot more knowlegeable people on there that own and work and know all about the new civic. its completely different then the others. go with the drive by wire or fly by wire(whatever they call it)set up with 50shot, heater, purge, blow down tube, gueage, and dont forget new plug gapped for nitrous and you should be fine

go with the dbw set up

#1162116 - 03/16/07 08:55 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: james178]
Post Master Supreme

wow you really dont know anything about nitrous, not every one can use it. If he gets to power happpy and sprays to long bye bye motor. i have seen it on all gen civics y do you think i mod this forum \:\) nitrous is a strong boost at a exact point not a gradual like turbo or charger. you have a lot of power slamming all the engine parts at once, and witha wet shot you have the danger of puddling that is common do some more research before telling someone a blanket statement that they will be fine.

its just like telling someone they are going to be fine to try crack

MY DVD collection

#1166383 - 03/17/07 09:30 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: civicsidude]
stieny Offline

A wet nitrous shot can puddle and if you have a back fire it could cause serious damage. If you have the supporting mods, nitrous can be fun. I had 125 shot of ZEX on my mustang GT with a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, bigger fuel pump, tune and so on. Put down great numbers with a good A/F ratio. Car ran great on the juice. In short: Do it right, you'll be fine.

Looking back on it though, if I had to do it over, I'd boost it.

Edited by stieny (03/17/07 09:31 PM)

#1200352 - 03/28/07 12:58 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: stieny]
FijiBlu10 Offline
Poster

Loc: Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: stieny
A wet nitrous shot can puddle and if you have a back fire it could cause serious damage. If you have the supporting mods, nitrous can be fun. I had 125 shot of ZEX on my mustang GT with a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, bigger fuel pump, tune and so on. Put down great numbers with a good A/F ratio. Car ran great on the juice. In short: Do it right, you'll be fine.

Looking back on it though, if I had to do it over, I'd boost it.

I was contemplating just a 50 or 75 but I wanted to do it right. What the price range to get it all done correctly?

The reason I wanted to do nitrous is because a turbo and supercharger just seem too much for me. Right now I'm in the process of finding a good header, test pipe, and catback exhaust system before I plan on putting the nitrous. Have you heard any reviews on the Injen Exhaust?? Comments please.

#1271124 - 04/18/07 03:12 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: FijiBlu10]
20strong Offline

The AJP kit has put down 300+whp and 250+tq on under 8 PSI. I would go turbo. A buddy of mine blew up his 02 accord on the gas not once, not twice, but three times.

Edited by 20strong (04/18/07 03:14 AM)

#1637121 - 07/12/07 06:23 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: 20strong]
denham Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Macungie
make your own turbo kit,
thats the cheapest way to go.
"denmah: because canada can't be the only country with a moof" - jsmonet
"LOL, you really are my hero denmah. You actually do the things the rest of us dream or bullshit about." - 98_1LE

#1637123 - 07/12/07 06:24 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: 20strong]
denham Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Macungie
Originally Posted By: 20strong
The AJP kit has put down 300+whp and 250+tq on under 8 PSI. I would go turbo. A buddy of mine blew up his 02 accord on the gas not once, not twice, but three times.

how the hell did he do that, ive nitrous everything from a grand marque's rental car with a 150 dry shot, to my stock ford taurus daily driver, my friends 06 civic EX my and my motorcycle...

you have to reallllly reallllyy fuck up to blow something up with nitrous, im proving that point, one car at a time.
"denmah: because canada can't be the only country with a moof" - jsmonet
"LOL, you really are my hero denmah. You actually do the things the rest of us dream or bullshit about." - 98_1LE

#1677226 - 07/23/07 11:18 PM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: denham]
Mike Johnson Offline

Turbo boost FTW
#1918441 - 10/04/07 09:26 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: Mike Johnson]
SPDRSR1 Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: DALLAS, TX, USA
Personally I think I spent more upgrading my internals in the head than I did on the nitrous system. I got Ferra Valves, springs, retainers. I even went with a CTR intake CAM, and a ITR exhaust CAM. Stage 3 clutch. And a few other mods here and there, itwas a B16 and I went with a moddified NOS Sneaky Pete Dry Kit...Man that thing was the greatness. I was hitting 2.1 and even got a 2.0 60' once. Honestly I think I spent as much building that motor and kit as you would on a turbo kit. But I started from scratch and I RESEARCHED everything I could before even thinking about installing anything. I got great numbers off my setup..better than some build turbo kits. But all I can tell you is to research and you CANNOT go or think cheap on nitrous..youll pay big time.

#1924397 - 10/06/07 08:18 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: SPDRSR1]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SPDRSR1
Personally I think I spent more upgrading my internals in the head than I did on the nitrous system. I got Ferra Valves, springs, retainers. I even went with a CTR intake CAM, and a ITR exhaust CAM. Stage 3 clutch. And a few other mods here and there, itwas a B16 and I went with a moddified NOS Sneaky Pete Dry Kit...Man that thing was the greatness. I was hitting 2.1 and even got a 2.0 60' once. Honestly I think I spent as much building that motor and kit as you would on a turbo kit. But I started from scratch and I RESEARCHED everything I could before even thinking about installing anything. I got great numbers off my setup..better than some build turbo kits. But all I can tell you is to research and you CANNOT go or think cheap on nitrous..youll pay big time.

very wise words

MY DVD collection

#9078250 - 07/13/17 12:48 AM Re: nitrous on a 07 SI [Re: civicsidude]
DurhamCarpet Offline
Poster

Even those players who have played all along before the Live Dealer gaming was possible indicate that they do feel more confident in the legitimacy of the game when they are playing with a live dealer. livetechnology.us
Many of the organization would provide shares of the business according to the value of the money being contributed by each person. They make all the decision the company and the profit earned in the company are given to these share holders in the form of dividends sharetechnology.us
Perhaps the most convincing argument in favor of a Smooth treadmill is the lifetime warranty that comes as standard on Smooth frames and motors. With this confidence in the products they offer, Smooth unquestionable know they are on to a good thing. And with a Smooth 7. 1 HOUR OR SO Pro or a Smooth 5. 25 treadmill in your home, you will be too. smoothtech.us
The days are well gone when you could take on a new salesmen or women with no sales experience and expect them to learn face to face. Effective auto sales personnel are now well-trained people who understand sales psychology as well as every car on the lot! They can answer questions on hybrids and power cells, and offer advice based on sound technical knowledge. technicalknowledge.us
Exactly advantage location of free economical zone and intensely liberal legislation system must provoke attracting foreign investments, as investment environment in Georgia is not very attractive from the various points of view. technologyzone.us
Phone systems using VoIP also have other benefits. With traditional phone systems, users are billed either by the minute or the second. However, with VoIP, your phone call is broken down and sent through the internet via packets and reassembles at the receiving end. For this reason, you are billed based on data usage. techsystem.us
How to Stream Video on the web Tool is one of the most important tools that'll enable you to start using Videomarketing to promote your online business. Now it is time to take action, so at this point it is recommended to gauge this unique solution in order to explore and see how it can easily improve productivity of your online business. streamtechnology.us
WiMax is a state of the art wireless broadband technology facilitates high speed mobile internet access to the portable devices like laptops, Netbooks, Smart-phones, PDAs etc. accesstechnology.us
The online selling website gives broader exposure for people have become extremely tech savvy and are relying greatly on the internet services to make major purchases too. techportal.us
Original Medicare consists of Parts A and B, providing coverage hospital and helath insurance coverage directly. Part A is hospital insurance, which helps cover inpatient care in private hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospices and home health care. 101health.us
The best health insurance provider here means an ethical provider who could understand the customer´s health needs, who could give you the best service at reasonable rates. besthealth.us
It doesn't matter how many meals consumed a day: this differs between cultures and schedules. However, consistency is important to avoid feeling hungry and if hungry between meals eat healthy snacks. Avoid missing breakfast too, because slow-release energy helps get you through work or school. healthiness.us
A good exercise to break any automatic reactions to food that you might be having that don't support healthy eating is to slowly pick up a bite size part of food with your fork and study it, examine its surface, feels it texture, smell it. Put the food in the mouth area and allow it to linger there for a few seconds. healthyday.us
Exercising can also be a great hobby that can vastly enrich your life. Your running hobby may cause marathons and fun runs, where you have a chance to raise money for charity. The same principle can happen with cycling or swimming, you could end up joining a club and competing at a high level whilst getting healthy and fit at the same time. tophealth.us
Each gym has a number of qualified doctors. Those experts can help you in losing weight by assisting you create specific diet plans and exercise routines. You can ask for the expert help anytime you want. gymhealth.us
If your diet consists of just one type of fruit or vegetable, or a limited selection, you are missing out on many of the essential nutrients required to keep your body healthy. Different colored fruits particularly have a different set of chemicals, which are beneficial for the body. healthadviser.us
You will be amazed by how much more energy, confidence and strength you will have with a balanced and nutrition-oriented diet. The key to running consistently is all in your diet. Embrace the most nutritious and wholesome foods you can find, and eat like a champ. healthchamp.us
Another area where these essential fats help your health is by keeping inflammation under control. Inflammation is something that occurs by the body processes to help fight infections and is perfectly natural, however too much of it can lead to some pretty serious health issues. healthonly.us
Mental forces also play a role in reduced sensation. If a man is anxious or worried, whether about performance issues or about other things occurring in his life, his mind is "not in the game" when he's between the sheets. This can create a mental barrier that impacts the ability to perceive sensation as fully as you might. healthsensation.us
Personal health trainers may conduct sessions at in home, private studio or a gym. Again, the decision is entirely yours but it is recommended that you opt for a gym as you will find many people there doing the same principle and thus you will be motivated to do the same. Lastly, do verify the credentials of your personal fitness trainer. healthtrainer.us
It is important for couples to know the factors that can reduce the chance of conceiving. By avoiding these factors should help them to conceive easily. healthyfactor.us
The general reasons a Society Finch gets sick is if they are given an undesirable diet, if their cage is not kept clean or they may have been somewhere that was drafty and got cooled. All of these things can be prevented by a good balanced diet, a warm environment that is clean and the size cage that will allow them to get exercise with room for them to fly about the cage. healthysociety.us
Since you'll get many health benefits of it along with other ingredients like ginkgo biloba and the important piperine (which improves the absorption of turmeric considerably), you'll rest easy knowing it's a general protective herb with no side effects. herbhealth.us
Applying these guidelines with the right discipline will give you a sexier, yet, healthier body in the long run. Remember, a pro health weight loss diet plan should not promise fast results but a dynamic, livelier body while losing weight. prohealth.us
According to a report in the Archives of Internal Medicine, doctors do not always disclose abnormal test leads to patients. In a review of medical records, it was found that in over 7% of cases, doctors failed to tell patients about abnormal test results. HealthOrganize.com
Doctor visits are one thing that most people think of with health insurance, but is also one factor that will increase you premium, so when you are deciding on this option, think about how many times you have went to your doctor in the past year, two or three years. Then see what the premium is just to add doctor visits on to your policy. HealthEvaluate.com
To get benefits, you'll have to meet certain income and asset criteria... which leads me to another set of little-known but important facts for veterans: Although the V. A. does don’t you have a lookback period when it assesses your assets, Medicaid -- which many elderly veterans will want to apply for after applying for Veterans benefits - does. HealthLookback.com
This generally is not so hazardous because once the water gets deep these soil allergens get deposited towards the bottom and you get to drink clean water. In some cases only infecting organisms are noticed in silt. HealthObserve.com
There is a difference between the two. Medium chain efas do not have a negative influence on cholesterol and actually help drive back heart disease. They help to lower the risk of both atherosclerosis and heart problems. It is primarily due to these medium chain efas makes this oil so special and so beneficial for health. HealthRemark.com
The benefits of a proper dieting stretch from healthy weight management through to disease prevention of conditions such as heart disease and diabetes and are therefore an important consideration when planning your lunch (and other meals and snacks). Healthymuch.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  civicsidude, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads