Roxanne
(Post Master Supreme)
05/01/15 08:30 AM
Let's see your home gym setups!

Just a little nook in my garage with a rig, about 500lbs in bumper plates, a Concept2 rower, plyometric box and some dumbells

Impulsive
(Post Master Supreme)
05/01/15 08:47 AM
Re: Let's see your home gym setups!

And a 75lbs heavy bag.

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/15 09:17 AM

..no gym for home... so for now I'm sticking with a gym membership!

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/15 10:17 AM

Do eet!

DieZel
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/15 04:43 PM

Home gym FTL... For me anyhow...

Rumbelstiltskin
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/15 10:30 PM

I'm building one. Need some rubber mats and wood platform

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
05/06/15 09:32 AM

Saturday night dance parties.

Rumbelstiltskin
(Post Master Sr)
05/08/15 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: OB1
Wood platform? For? Curious.
To match my furniture

98V-TeC
(Post Master Supreme)
05/08/15 01:50 PM

98V-TeC
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/15 08:11 AM

Good detective work.

That's not mine, but my friend's basement. I've mentioned it before. That was around the holidays, but I think it's near 100% now. There is a side room w/ a 70 inch and a few cardio machines. Awesome, awesome setup.

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/15 09:36 AM

Wow, that is quite the setup.

HotHB
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/15 11:42 AM

I'll play...even though I feel quite inferior to what has been posted. That said I like my setup for what I use it for...largely accessory work when I can't make it to the gym. 400# of weight (in kilos), rouge race, rouge bar and a few random things like rings, yoga mats, etc. Also have a prowler out in the garage I push through that ally

My 'gym' aka squat rack in my creepy 1920's house basement...my g/f calls it the Prison Gym and refuses to go down there because of the spiders...:

(Post Master Supreme)
05/12/15 02:02 AM

you should build a platform and level it in that basement, that slippery concrete floor is a sprained ankle waiting to happen.

HotHB
(Post Master Supreme)
05/12/15 09:38 AM

Yeah thats the project for the summer. The floor is actually level (picture is tilted) but it is a bit slippery to your point. Im lifting down there 2-3 days per week and slowly adding equipment as i find it on craigslist. I've spent less than 500 bucks on this whole thing and trying to keep the cost low.

Its kind of creepy...but its pretty sweet...have more fun down there than in the regular gym...just wish it was higher ceilings.

HotHB
(Post Master Supreme)
05/12/15 11:03 AM

Hmm...thats a great call. Those things have a little give to them or are they more solid plastic like material?

Rumbelstiltskin
(Post Master Sr)
05/12/15 11:43 PM

That's exactly what I plan on buying. I have a Tractor Supply store a few exits away.

How awkward is it? I was thinking of building a 3 piece platform that I can pick up and set against the wall when not being used. All Wood in the middle and a wood base for the sides if the mats are too flimsy

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
05/13/15 09:43 AM

Yeah those mats look really fucking nice. OB, wherever you got the idea for those was on point.

Impulsive
(Post Master Supreme)
05/13/15 01:25 PM

I have some heavy rubber mats as well. PITA to move around, but a good base. Mine must be made from recylled tires because I've noticed a couple tiny pieces of steel over the years (two because barefoot). Usually like 1/16", so I had to yank them out.