http://gregnuckols.com/2014/10/08/the-science-of-steroids/

/the more you know

Serendipitous
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 12:15 PM
Re: The Science of Steroids

Good article.

Quote:
4) If you take steroids and then come off of them, you’ll probably lose some of the size and strength you gained, but you’ll always be at an advantage relative to a lifetime drug-free athlete.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 02:30 PM

It is!

Quote:
So for people who say, “oh, steroids don’t make you bigger and stronger. They just let you work harder,” I’m sad to inform you that such a statement is patently false. They may help with recovery and let you work harder, but I guarantee you that you could stick with the exact training routine you have now, start taking steroids, and gain more size and strength from it – no extra work required. And an untrained person might (would probably) gain more muscle from just taking steroids than they would if they actually worked out.

DieZel
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
It is!

Quote:
So for people who say, “oh, steroids don’t make you bigger and stronger. They just let you work harder,” I’m sad to inform you that such a statement is patently false. They may help with recovery and let you work harder, but I guarantee you that you could stick with the exact training routine you have now, start taking steroids, and gain more size and strength from it – no extra work required. And an untrained person might (would probably) gain more muscle from just taking steroids than they would if they actually worked out.

this is very individual dependent... i see guys at the gym on way more shit than me, and frankly they look like shit... not everyone is a responder or they may be taking bunk gear as well...

gamby
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 05:42 PM

The placebo part was fascinating. The mental aspect of it is wild.

That said, it's also pretty nuts that you can gain muscle mass by doing nothing in terms of workout and just taking steroids.

Very good article.

DieZel
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 05:45 PM

consider they inject AIDS patients with steroids and they grow muscle while bed ridden... it's not that hard to conceive you could make gains doing next to nothing, but to really get the full potential you need to up the intensity...

gamby
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DieZel
consider they inject AIDS patients with steroids and they grow muscle while bed ridden... it's not that hard to conceive you could make gains doing next to nothing, but to really get the full potential you need to up the intensity...

Good point--I didn't think of that. I guess I figured you still had to do SOMETHING to gain noticeable muscle mass. That explains getting mad sw0le when you actually do lift on the stuff.

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 06:11 PM

good thing we dont have the AIDS doe

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 07:03 PM

Cool site, reading through now. Thanks for posting!

DieZel
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: zakcits
good thing we dont have the AIDS doe

das it mane...

Joeyballs
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/14 09:12 PM

Great read