ZexS4
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/05 07:36 PM
Reupholster seats to leather?

I recently bought a new Jeep Liberty and they didn't have one with a manual transmission with leather seats. How much do you think it would cost to get my cloth seats reupholstered to leather? Has anyone done this to their vehicle?

PurduinaSi
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/05 08:05 PM
Re: Reupholster seats to leather?

aftermarket leather sucks.... look for a set of jeep liberty leather seats used on ebay or somethin

Harbourone
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/05 08:08 PM

Why would you do this? Spend the dough on BFG M/T's. If you want it done, swap seats, dont reupholster. Too expensive and time consuming.

Tego
(Newbie)
05/09/05 06:20 PM

Here are my GSR seats reupholstered in leather. Cost me only 300 bucks canadian.

mkjeld76
(Poster)
05/13/05 12:27 PM

http://www.leatherseats.com/

akiss
(Jr Member)
06/23/05 10:35 AM

I dont think that is true at all. I have Katzkin and they are amazing. The only thing I would suggest is you pay for what you get.
Quote:

aftermarket leather sucks.... look for a set of jeep liberty leather seats used on ebay or somethin

koketsucivic
(Jr Poster)
06/24/05 01:07 AM

i got quoted $1600 for front + back seats, center console & door panels w/Katzkin leather in 2 different colors (blue/black) the guy at the shop will not use anything besides katzkin. he specializes in convertible tops for old school cars

Harbourone
(Post Master Sr)
06/27/05 06:20 PM

So that means he is good. Do you have any idea how hard it is to stretch a top over the rack for a 69 chevelle? Stretching seats would be childs play after that!