CommonGutterTrash
(Post Master Sr)
07/12/09 07:44 AM
Quick mod/repair to the Wagon

A few weeks ago, I jacked up the wagon, and through an unfortunate experience, the car slipped off the jack, and the oil cooler, intercooler, and a/c condensor all got crushed:

So, I picked up a good, used oil cooler, and pulled the crappy stock IC out.
I pushed the a/c condenser back, against the radiator, and put an Ebay IC I had kicking around for a while, on the Wagon.

I ended up cutting some of the brackets on the car, and bending some new ones from some home depot Aluminum Stock, and everything fit, perfectly.

Things fit so well, that I was actually able to re-use the original hose from the turbo to IC. All I had to do,was cut up some pieces of an old IC pipe kit to get from the IC to the upper pipe.

so, It's all zipped up:
The IC looks a little low, but it's only about an inch below the bumper.
once I replace the aero lip that the p/o smashed, it'll be completely hidden by the bumper. I ordered a black coupler for the front, and I need a couple small pieces to finish the the IC-to-upper-pipe hose.

so.. yeah. it took a few days of dicking around, moving things, and bending funky brackets, but I turned a repair from stupidity, into a bit of a power-mod.

I'm also doing my best to keeping the engine bay looking un-molested.
I've used duplicolor wheel paint to clean up all the super-oxidized aluminum pieces under the hood, and I'm VERY careful about putting it back together as well as it was in Sweden

I also managed to remove the stock airbox, and replaced it with a filter I had kicking around. all seems well, but I need to section it off, so it's a little less open to the elements.

So.. this seems to be moving along a little quicker than the alfas AND the turbo neon project ;\)
Really, all that's left is the tune, and tint.

silentfurymm
(Post Master Sr)
07/12/09 11:39 AM
Re: Quick mod/repair to the Wagon

Wait, the car fell off the jack? Glad you where not hurt.

CommonGutterTrash
(Post Master Sr)
07/12/09 02:26 PM
Re: Quick mod/repair to the Wagon

yeah.
the Ebrake was on, and the jack was stuck in a rut in the garage floor.
(either the car, or the jack HAS to move when you jack a car up)
I was jacking... and then.. WHAM.
nobody was under it. I was in the process of raising it.