tylerdurden
(Post Master Supreme)
12/29/17 11:30 AM
Hey everybody

I got a new camera. A7RIII. It's pretty neat.

ewraven
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/18 06:51 AM
Re: Hey everybody

That's awesome. Very nice camera. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

tylerdurden
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/18 10:23 AM

It's been the most setup-intensive camera I've ever used. I'm still tweaking the custom modes. This is the first camera I've ever used with a really good AF system, even in video. It's pretty nice to have. It's still not quite there in terms of the menu system and it really ought to have lossless compression, but maybe a firmware update down the line will take care of those.

ewraven
(Post Master Supreme)
01/18/18 01:32 AM

Watching youtube setup videos of the A7Riii, it does have a lot of customizations, especially the various buttons.

Lossless compression would be a great thing. Sony shooters have been wanting that for a long time.

The autofocus is what I like about my A77ii. Tracking autofocus at 12 frames per second is pretty neat. I haven't had the opportunity to use it fully though.

It is about time Sony released a full frame E-mount camera with FPS and autofocus for sports use. The A9 and yours appear to fill that role pretty well.

tylerdurden
(Post Master Supreme)
01/18/18 11:57 AM

Yeah, the AF is a trick. The touch features on the rear LCD are more useful than I thought they'd be too. I have it pretty well set up at this point and it's really intuitive. It's the best camera I've used by far, no ragrets.