Kierf
(Post Master Supreme)
06/11/14 11:10 PM
Anyone have a Canon 6D?

Canon 6D specifically. I has a question about the GPS and iPhoto.

What does the GPS info show up as in iPhoto? The coordinates, or the city if within a city?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/12/14 12:24 PM
Re: Anyone have a Canon 6D?

My understanding of GPS tagged photos...the photos are tagged with the GPS coordinates and included in the metadata. iPhoto, I believe, *can* pull the location and even a map of where the photo was taken from those coordinates, but I hate iPhoto with a passion (and GPS tagging) so I haven't used that function in a long time.

If you want an example, just turn the location function on from your iPhone, take a photo, let it get pulled into iPhoto (through the Photo Stream) and see what it shows. I highly doubt the Canon 6D somehow does things differently.

trench301
(Post Master)
06/12/14 01:29 PM

I never use the GPS function on mine /nohelp

Kierf
(Post Master Supreme)
06/12/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GSParker
My understanding of GPS tagged photos...the photos are tagged with the GPS coordinates and included in the metadata. iPhoto, I believe, *can* pull the location and even a map of where the photo was taken from those coordinates, but I hate iPhoto with a passion (and GPS tagging) so I haven't used that function in a long time.

If you want an example, just turn the location function on from your iPhone, take a photo, let it get pulled into iPhoto (through the Photo Stream) and see what it shows. I highly doubt the Canon 6D somehow does things differently.
Good thinking. It pulls the city! Neat-o. Thanks.

jsstritz
(Post Master Supreme)
06/15/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: trench301
I never use the GPS function on mine /nohelp