BOOSTEDCIVIC
(Jr Member)
12/13/06 11:08 AM
whickh axle to use?

i have a b16a2 in my 1992 hatch which axles will fit?... i have to go get a pair from salvage yard and want to purchase the correct pair..

Import Tuner
(Post Master Sr)
12/13/06 02:05 PM
Re: whickh axle to use?

Right side axle is the same from '90 to '00 B Series cars (Integra, Civic, DelSol)...
The left side however changed in '94 to a female inner joint...

You need to determine which intermediate shaft is currently being used on your engine and choose the years that will fit the shaft...

'90 / '93: Male left inner joint...
'94 / '00: Female left inner joint...

giggedy
(Newbie)
12/20/06 08:30 PM

Assuming you have the appropriate B16A2 hydraulic transmission with the half shaft...you'll need the GSR axles. They come with one male to female axle (driver's side that slides into the half shaft) and one male to male axle (passenger's side going into the transmission).

Check out Street Imports at www.streetimports.com . They have brand new GSR axles for $149.00! And right now, you can get an additional 25% off. Use coupon code DEC25OFF . They even have the half shaft if you need it.

Import Tuner
(Post Master Sr)
12/21/06 02:15 PM

Quote:

Assuming you have the appropriate B16A2 hydraulic transmission with the half shaft...

That's a fairly big assumption, seeing as either the early or late half shaft will bolt up to the motor...

BOOSTEDCIVIC
(Jr Member)
10/13/09 07:59 AM

I have the axles and half shaft that came with the 99-00 B16A2 motor.....i may not have set them properly and detroyed the bearing in the driver side hub that connects to the half shaft....also the cv joint on the passenger side seems tight when u turn it....did i screw something up on the install or did I use the wrong axles?