furball
(Post Master Sr)
08/26/20 07:55 AM
Guess the problem / cost vTLX

TLX lit up like a Christmas tree on the way home yesterday ...

- Drove about 100km, 10 mins from home, doing 30km/h on a turn and the car lights up like xmas tree.
- Steering feels wonky, all of a sudden having to keep the wheel at 1 o'clock to drive straight.
- Error codes rotate thru the screen: Brake System Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Hill Assist System Problem, Lane Keep Assist Problem, Power Steering Problem , Lane Departure Problem, VSA problem :
- Visual inspection nothing dangling from underneath, tires still inflated, wheels still on the car.

My guess: seized front driver brake caliper, ~$500 wallet mechanic job.

Will get CAA to tow it either to dealer or a small shop we know. \:\|

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
08/26/20 08:28 AM
Re: Guess the problem / cost vTLX

Battery. Both of my TLX's had basically the same problem. Pretty common with these cars actually, the battery is only good for about 2 years lol. But mine was covered under the cars warranty.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
08/26/20 01:31 PM

Dafuq? Battery?! \:\| We'll see. CAA picked up the car and towed it to a small shop.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 01:34 PM

Blinker fluid is low.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 02:17 PM

battery. what year is yours? something similar happened on my last one the 2015, there was a shit batch of batteries, for me it was in winter, drove somewhere to run an errand before work, parked, ran in for 5mins, come back out to start the car and got xmas tree, lane keep and all that flashing.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 02:38 PM

Batt-tree

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 03:45 PM

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 09:27 PM

prob batt yeah. not sure if OP's has the newer AGM type maybe or not. or loose terminal even.