loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
02/14/19 03:08 PM
Anyone run any off brand android phones?

Looking to get a phone for my personal stuff. I just have a work phone now so don't even need a plan (wifi is fine) but would like to load all my personal apps on it and keep the work phone just for work stuff.

I was looking at some android phones on amazon and they have some by Blu and UMIDIGI. They have some for around $100-150 that seem to boast great specs but not sure how they stand up to real life.

Not looking to spend over $200 on this it's just for kicking around some social media apps and check email etc

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
02/14/19 04:32 PM
Re: Anyone run any off brand android phones?

i had a blu and it didnt last long at all. id stay away.

i went oneplus6T but its my only phone for both work/personal.

i'd look into moto g phones. bro in law has one and he likes it.

87ZCSi
(Post Master Sr)
02/14/19 05:00 PM

I'm on Asus for years, I've got a more premium one but my father-in-law has a basic one and he's been happy

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
02/14/19 05:53 PM

If you have a costco membership, look at the moto or the samsung phone. They're fairly cheap and I *think* it comes with an extra year warranty ontop of it.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
02/14/19 08:51 PM

bought my dad the xiaomi a1? or was it the a2?

he loves it.

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
02/15/19 10:15 AM

i'm running huawei p10 and i like it. my friend has the xiaomi a2 and likes it as well. he actually got it for free because they refunded him after it didn't show up after a month. probably because of the bullshit that was going on with canada post. regardless the phone came shortly after the refund. lol

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
02/15/19 10:33 AM

OnePlus 6T for me. Runs well, fast, lots of updates and battery life is amazing, can finish the day with well over 50% left with decent amount of use.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
02/18/19 12:44 AM

I have a Oneplus 5t that I've had over 1yr now and it's good. Before this I had a ZTE Axon that was pretty decent. I just got tired of budget phones so I went with a more premium budget phone which is my oneplus lol. Before the ZTE I had a zenphone. That was complete trash. I hated that thing.