Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/18 11:06 AM
So which party you voting for...or who will win?

Little to no talk her on Provincial elections. Which party are you leaning towards?

Which do you think will take it for good or for bad?

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/18 12:56 PM
Re: So which party you voting for...or who will win?

Normally I am very active and very involve in political discussions. But this provincial election I am really strongly considering to vote independent party because the choices we have are rather disappointing and none of their platforms appeal to me. Here we have Orville Redenbacher who is buying votes, NDP Mommy is promising free shit and Bumbaclot is offering cuts to keep cash in our pockets.

So.. who knows, but we are in for hell of a ride for the next 5 years.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/18 02:28 PM

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/18 03:54 PM

Going to vote PC for 2 reasons. So that I can bitch and really the two cunts are useless. Wynne has done nothing but garbage and Horvath is dumb as bricks. Doug ain’t great either but better than the other 2 idiots. Basically it’s the three stooges currently.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
06/01/18 05:17 PM

Ya, first time in a while that there is no lesser of 2 evils. They are all equally uber shit.
Literally general zod would be a better choice

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
06/01/18 06:58 PM

Hate to be that guy but truth is
Doesn't really matter

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/18 08:17 PM

I hate them all...but i guess ford.

Denis Si
(Post Master)
06/01/18 10:03 PM

Ford

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
06/01/18 11:27 PM

I have no idea, thought I was Ford for sure until he said he was going to open up the green space and I hate that he has no formal platform. If he can't even get one created how the hell is he going to run a government? I'm so conflicted.

The only thing I know for sure is I won't be voting red, sorry but not sorry.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
06/02/18 06:54 AM

It's blue by default. No way red is getting anything, and in a choice between left or right, right wins every time.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
06/03/18 01:01 PM

Orange.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
06/03/18 02:34 PM

Ford has retracted his greenbelt development bullshit. So I guess him? I dunno.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
06/03/18 10:29 PM

Horseface won't be premier....makes Red almost bearable.

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
06/04/18 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Horseface won't be premier....makes Red almost bearable.

It’s a trap!

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
06/04/18 02:38 PM

having to vote for any ONT cadidate...........

(Fed ain't much better)

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
06/04/18 10:09 PM

This election is like having only R J Smiths to pick from with 7 seconds left on the clock in a tied game.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
06/05/18 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
This election is like having only R J Smiths to pick from with 7 seconds left on the clock in a tied game.

it's JR....a swing and a miss....

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/05/18 10:07 AM

Voting NDP in support of a well-represented opposition.

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
06/06/18 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
having to vote for any ONT cadidate...........

(Fed ain't much better)

This all this

I dunno what to do. Is this really the best 2 people we could find to possibly lead the province?

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/07/18 06:24 AM

Im leaning towards to decline my ballot and honestly, fuck this election and the 3 clowns.

https://www.elections.on.ca/en/voting-in-ontario/frequently-asked-questions.html

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/07/18 10:21 AM

You're suppose to be voting for your local councillor bra. That's what Amanda Collucci in my area says and that's why she doesn't have Liberal on her signs.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/07/18 08:23 PM

CTV is already calling a PC win.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
06/07/18 08:30 PM

Fuck her and her Marilyn Manson face. Manipulative piece of garbage. Go Blue Lion! <reluctant vote>

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/07/18 08:50 PM

So glad that cunt is gone.

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
06/07/18 10:48 PM

I was really hoping the Liberals would win 8 seats so she would be forced to deal with the awkwardness of having to stay.

ender_1M
(Post Master Sr)
06/07/18 11:58 PM

Its funny all you guys voting for Ford really have no idea why, well you do, he's a white guy you can relate to who's trying to be an "alpha" but is a used car sales men. He's telling you everything you want to hear but with no plan to get there.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
06/08/18 06:05 AM

The thing is, plan or no plan, people don't trust politicians. Either they make promises they don't keep, or they keep promises people don't want. Look back on this lengthy Liberal government and the no tax hikes, the gas plant scandal (promises of transparency but instead we get wiped hard drives) or the changes to sex-ed (which was forced through with the majority, but previously backed out of when they had the minority) as examples.

The election and all the campaigning that goes with it is a giant popularity contest. They spew out so much useless nonsense during that time, it becomes tasteless and people will tune out. People form opinions of what they think the parties value and represent and vote based on that. This election in particular, and maybe a number of elections prior as well, people aren't really voting for their party, they're voting against the other parties. It's all based on negatives.

My personal belief is that the majority of Ontarians are reasonable, sensible and probably centrists on most issues. The Liberals used to represent the centrist somewhat, but they've gone so far to the left and now they split the vote with the leftist NDP voters. That not only weakens their position, but it creates a system of polarized politics, team right vs. team left.

What we really needed was a minority government to hopefully keep parties in check. This PC majority was likely the result of people being sick of the Liberal majority and will likely lead to the pendulum swinging back harder the next time around.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By: ender_1M
Its funny all you guys voting for Ford really have no idea why, well you do, he's a white guy you can relate to who's trying to be an "alpha" but is a used car sales men. He's telling you everything you want to hear but with no plan to get there.

What does Ford being a "white guy" have to do with the ontario election? or being a premier?

who do you think would be a better choice?

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 07:10 AM

Translation: He's not Jagmeet Singh

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: 4Three
Fuck her and her Marilyn Manson face. Manipulative piece of garbage. Go Blue Lion! <reluctant vote>

Pretty much this.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
06/08/18 07:36 AM

Never been too deep into politics; I used to vote nothing but Asian (NDP Olivia Chow downtown back in the days...) ...

I voted NDP in my riding, obviously lost to PC... as they support more money in healthcare.

Didn't the NDP (not sure if provincially, or federally) lose, and/or was uber close at losing party status awhile ago??

I'm saddened that Liberals didn't even make the cut for party status.

I'm even more saddened Ontario as a whole voted for Doug Ford...Perhaps if another leader within the PC party was doing the job, I may have reconsidered.

\:\| \:\(

Kid Bro Sweets
(Post Master Sr)
06/08/18 08:38 AM

Trump of the North

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 08:43 AM

a part of me hopes that people actually did the math and the numbers... it was time for change, even the liberals knew it.

it saddens me to see this.. but its mind bottling..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_government_debt

the problem with most canadians/ontarians, is we want stuff, but don't want to pay for it.. but that's partly because the government has a bad history of waste, so we aren't getting the value in our tax dollars we want, and thus can't justify paying any more.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
06/08/18 08:48 AM

PC was pretty much the default choice. I can’t stand unions and don’t want to pay for everything under the sun for every other person. I don’t think I’m the only one, so it’s PC by default even though Ford is the wrong leader.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: SW20_MR2
PC was pretty much the default choice. I can’t stand unions and don’t want to pay for everything under the sun for every other person. I don’t think I’m the only one, so it’s PC by default even though Ford is the wrong leader.

Now he has 5 years to prove his worth.

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
06/08/18 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
a part of me hopes that people actually did the math and the numbers... it was time for change, even the liberals knew it.

it saddens me to see this.. but its mind bottling..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_government_debt

the problem with most canadians/ontarians, is we want stuff, but don't want to pay for it.. but that's partly because the government has a bad history of waste, so we aren't getting the value in our tax dollars we want, and thus can't justify paying any more.

This.

The choice was essentially no real plan but some talk of fiscal responsibility vs. let me try to buy you with money we don't have. There was only one choice if you even remotely wanted some fiscal responsibility.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 03:08 PM

none of them are the ideal candidates but he's the best out of the three. reasons i voted for him:

-ending the stupid overpriced power
-hopefully continues to cut stupid spending
-recognizes other shifts and helps them not just 9-5ers
-wants to end hallway healthcare which is a real problem in the ER and open more beds.

who cares if he's a used car salesman? or would you prefer another term with orville redenbacher and her ballin general arts degree? because she did some good right?

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
06/08/18 03:17 PM

also the problem with a lot of politicians these days is they've been in the game too long and have completely lost touch with reality. IMO there should be a maximum # of years you are working for the government at that level.