zaius
(Post Master Sr)
12/22/17 07:12 PM
furniture - sofa?

i need a sofa. probably a 3 seater or a sectional.

other than say leons, brick, ashley, strutube etc, any decent places to get a good quality leather sofa or fabric sofa? nothing crazy like from suite 22 please.

i'd like it firm, like firm tofu.

thanks.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 07:36 PM
Re: furniture - sofa?

Urban barn, mobilia, crate and barrel. EQ3 for higher end ikea like stuff. Just go to art shoppe lol

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 07:54 PM

^those good, or resto. hardware but they're a biiit pricey lol. not like crate and barrel is cheap doe.

i actually just got 3 sectional sofachairs from ikea of all places as it was surprisingly comfy and their sizes/fitment options worked out perfect for what we wanted. was hard to find and expensive from other places. this is for basement i'm talking.

the Bay is anotehr option for nice couches too.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 08:30 PM

Sear. Oh wait.

Crate and barrel, if you are lucky you can snatch a 70% off furniture deal

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 09:18 PM

Article.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 09:31 PM

I can't stand resto hardware. Charing in USD when they are in Canada and can't give an exact quote. How about fuck no.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 09:32 PM

Wayfair?

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 01:41 PM

Chesterfield Shop has decent sofas. Not cheap but they have some Canadian made. That or Lazyboy. The Bay is good as well when on sale. Sometimes its 50% off.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
12/24/17 06:54 AM

Thanks guys

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:40 AM

Pretty good suggestions here.

Try not to go to Leon’s or The Brick.

I just got one from structube (not leather) but you can tell their more expensive ones are a step up in quality from the lower priced stuff.

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
I can't stand resto hardware. Charing in USD when they are in Canada and can't give an exact quote. How about fuck no.

Ahaha they really do that? Retailing 101 fail.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS

At least it was couple years back when we were looking for a table. Major face palm at the time lol

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 03:19 PM

http://www.stylegarage.com/

50% off on boxing day.....their stuff is Canadian and solid. Used to be much more reasonable before they became popular.

xza8
(Sr Member)
12/24/17 08:14 PM

So fail that they had to reorganize their operations and open a 70,000 sqft showroom in Yorkdale mall and charge $25 for grilled cheese sandwiches and $20 for scrambled eggs avocado toast with 45 minute wait on a Sunday morning.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:17 PM

Lol that's gay

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
12/25/17 01:10 AM

At least it was couple years back when we were looking for a table. Major face palm at the time lol

thats why we only grab RH stuff from Milton Outlet. Good finds there.

OP we got sectional from Urban Barn. We love it.

TYJelly
(Post Master)
12/26/17 11:13 AM

I bought some custom top-grain leather couches (sofa and loveseat) from Boss Leather in Bolton last year. Paid about $5k all in, it was well worth it. These things are so well-made I'll be handing them down to my kids someday. Went with a classic style, black leather. They're handmade locally too.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
12/26/17 09:27 PM

i prefer urban barn and if you want to buy used, i have one to sell

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
12/27/17 03:17 PM

I need to find a cheap place, even ikea shit is pretty expensive for what it is. i need two sofas for my basement.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/27/17 09:16 PM

Maybe family may have something. Don’t bring other people’s bedbugs in your place man.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
12/28/17 02:13 PM

oh fuck that, i could never do a used sofa. ever. lol

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/28/17 05:33 PM

What's worse. A used sofa or a cellphone...

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
12/28/17 07:08 PM

whichever one has more semen in it.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
12/28/17 07:51 PM

ended up going to urban barn, leons, structube. settled on structube. shit is cheap... probably for a reason. was kind difficult finding firm sofas. everything you sit on you sink right in and it's hard to get back out. lol.

thanks guys.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/29/17 11:16 AM

Speaking of used furniture. Just sold my wife's old fake leather chaise on Kijiji. Mind you, its a single seater thing so you can't really do much "funny bidness" on it.

Kijiji has been awesome. Sold my used Ikea bed for $80 which I would have put on the curb.

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: zaius
ended up going to urban barn, leons, structube. settled on structube. shit is cheap... probably for a reason. was kind difficult finding firm sofas. everything you sit on you sink right in and it's hard to get back out. lol.

thanks guys.

I have their Namaste sectional in my living room.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 11:52 AM

We have a buffet table from structube. It's like ikea but nicer I guess. Oh also have a coffee table and that one is a lot nicer than ikea shit. Guess it depends on the piece.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 12:15 PM

Nubia set at Leons is nice, that's about the only one in that store I like. I've bought at Urban Barn, not impressed with the sofa I got but the chairs around my harvest table are tits.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 12:21 PM

Structube has some nice looking stuff, but the quality is really poor, at least with the dining room chairs i bought...really really bad - flimsy ikea stuff would be light years better

Now i am looking for some slim arm chairs, can't find anything i like under $1,500/each.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 12:32 PM

You only shopping Restoration Hardware?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 12:34 PM

I would buy from ikea if they have decent shit.

Show me a clean/slim arm chair for sale less than $1k...i have never seen one.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Structube has some nice looking stuff, but the quality is really poor, at least with the dining room chairs i bought...really really bad - flimsy ikea stuff would be light years better

We got some of their dining room chairs awhile back and returned them twice over. Base of the chairs was wood but all had a hairline crack in them. Returned, got another set and same thing. Wife really liked the design but didn't want them snapping on me a year later and be shit out of luck.

I do like their stuff in general though. We got our sectional from Urban barn for the basement and den sofa was from Ikea.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 06:29 PM

Mine are so bad you can't actually lean on the backrest part and if you do (after we have guests who don't know about this rule) i have to spend 30 minutes bending the backs back to be uniform \:\|

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 07:22 PM

Urban barn is pretty good. We have a few pieces from them.

xza8
(Sr Member)
12/31/17 09:31 PM

Ikea is actually not bad if you don't re-assemble it, they are engineered way better than Structube, which essentially sources cheap pieces from China to import.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
01/01/18 04:38 PM

Ikea is the Lego of assembled furniture. The rest are just inferior.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
01/02/18 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

We got some of their dining room chairs awhile back and returned them twice over. Base of the chairs was wood but all had a hairline crack in them. Returned, got another set and same thing. Wife really liked the design but didn't want them snapping on me a year later and be shit out of luck.

I do like their stuff in general though. We got our sectional from Urban barn for the basement and den sofa was from Ikea.

I have ikea chairs like that too... mind you they’re like $30 each max. a couple of the backrests cracked right from the joint so i had to add a screw right into the joint to secure the two pieces. lol

i’ll report back on this $600 sofa next year. lol. if it’s completely shit, into the basement or garbage it goes.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
01/02/18 08:38 AM

Wayfair for dreams. But never buy. They look great but you can't test it out until it arrives at the door.

Picked up a smallish couch with chaise on one side, and ... it's quite firm ... and not comfy.