loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
04/09/17 09:29 AM
powder coating rims

approx how much does it cost to have rims media blasted and powder coated?

spd-dmn
(Post Master)
04/09/17 11:24 AM
Re: powder coating rims

80-150 per wheel depending on color size and spoke design

SiZ
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/17 01:52 PM

I just dropped some stuff off at stripping tech, in Cambridge. Look him up on instagram, he does amazing work.

Quoted me $380+ tax for a set of 18x8 blasted and powdercoated.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
04/11/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SiZ
I just dropped some stuff off at stripping tech, in Cambridge. Look him up on instagram, he does amazing work.

Quoted me $380+ tax for a set of 18x8 blasted and powdercoated.

yeah been in touch with them too, seem like they do a very nice job for the money...and way cheaper than carcone's. i THINK they do pickup/dropoff runs from local shops in teh GTA if you leave your rims there.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
04/11/17 02:30 PM

lookup roro designs. he does good work but i think he's a little far.

SiZ
(Post Master Sr)
04/12/17 04:08 AM

Yeah, stripping tech does have some pickup spots.

I tried to deal with Roro because he was closer to me, but for a pair of Brembos, he wanted $200, plus I had to disassemble them, and put them back together. ST would do them for $125, and I just take them to him.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
04/12/17 01:13 PM

What are the condition of the rims you guys are having done? Are they in mint condition and you simply want to change the colour/finish? Or do they have chips/rash/blemishes/etc? I would think the price depends on the condition.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
04/12/17 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SiZ
Yeah, stripping tech does have some pickup spots.

I tried to deal with Roro because he was closer to me, but for a pair of Brembos, he wanted $200, plus I had to disassemble them, and put them back together. ST would do them for $125, and I just take them to him.

really? shit i'm going to call them and get a quote. I have 5 b-series valve covers, LS, B20, b-vtec, K, H22 and looking for a s2k one that i need to get coated just red to hang in my basement, roro wanted like $300 and i'd have to drive my ass all the way out there twice.