The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/17/16 01:57 PM
But I didn't even see you....

How do you miss that grill and goofy lights bearing down on you?

Young girl pulled out of a parking lot turing left across traffic. I was only going about 50 and I tried to brake and avoid her. Otherwise it would have been a nice tbone right into her drivers door instead of her front quarter. Cars can be fixed, my post op wife was in the car so she was my main concern. Currently on its way to the body shop.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
10/17/16 02:22 PM
Re: But I didn't even see you....

WTF. you got it all on dash cam i hope

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 02:49 PM

was dumbass young girl hot at least?

man what a shame, wtf. at least no airbag, that woulda sucked to have fixed. make sure no outstanding SRS codes just in case.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 02:51 PM

wait you hit her in the MDX?

good to hear that the airbags didn't come out.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 03:23 PM

ugh. the young dumb one is probably texting and driving.

hope the wifey is ok.

was this a lease or purchase?

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/17/16 04:07 PM

No dash cam unfortunately, but her admitting to pulling out into traffic and trying to turn will be enough I hope. She was right in the booth beside me at the Reporting Centre and everything she said to the guy puts her to blame. My statement was bang on too. I write enough accident reports at work, so I know what to write. I included statements she made to me in my report too. "I didnt see you" and "do we have to call the police" lol.

She was kinda frumpy and sounded pretty dumb. Creeped her on Facebook and she claims to be a teacher.

I dropped it at my Acura dealer and they are going to deal with it.

It was the RDX I was driving. The MDX prob would have gone right through her lol. The guy at the reporting centre wrote "$2000" for the damage estimate. One of those headlights costs that much.

Happened too quick see if she was on the phone. She was on it the entire time after though.

Leased, but I had planned on keeping this one for a while. I guess I'll find out in a few years how bad Im fucked.

The wifes new airbags didnt depoyee so we are all good lol.

Currently driving a rental Ford Edge. 50k on it and it drives like an old school bus. lol Ford.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 04:22 PM

^ Balhar said the Edge is the best SUV he owns

Sorry to hear about the accident, hope your wife is okay

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 04:35 PM

Man that sucks

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
10/17/16 04:53 PM

Did she think you would stop?

Glad everyone is ok.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 04:58 PM

Wow that sucks. Glad you and the wifeys airbags are ok. On the bright side, I actually like how the car looks now after the accident XD XD XD

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 05:02 PM

Glad everyone inside is ok, insurance will deal with this bullshit.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 05:21 PM

That sucks man, sorry to hear but glad everyone was ok.

Originally Posted By: Dumbass

The wifes new airbags didnt depoyee so we are all good lol.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 05:55 PM

As long as everybody is ok and that's all that matters.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 07:12 PM

Everyone safe, and you are not at fault. All good.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/20/16 02:01 PM

Heard back from the body shop, $6100 in repairs. Fender, bumper, new headlight and various odds and ends. No mechanical damage, frame and suspension all ok thankfully.

My insurance company still hasnt heard anything from her insurance company, so Im thinking that she hasnt filed a claim. She keeps calling me too.

Returned the shitbox Edge too. Its beyond me why anyone buys those things lol.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
10/20/16 02:27 PM

new edge isn't that bad tho is it?

for some reason i thought that the pic in the OP was a ILX that the lady was driving. $6100 seems about right, that headlight alone is like a grand right there.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/20/16 02:37 PM

It was a pig on gas. Same driving scenario as my RDX and it was getting about 11L/100km. My Genesis was better then that lol. Granted the cars calculations might not be 100% correct, but thats still 2L worse then the RDX. Sloppy steering, way to much shiny plastic and confusing buttons on the dash. Fords ergonomics are a mess.

Driving a 17 Kia Sportage thats light years better lol.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
10/20/16 03:16 PM

My insurance company still hasnt heard anything from her insurance company, so Im thinking that she hasnt filed a claim. She keeps calling me too.

She probably doesn't want her insurance company to know about the mishap on her part.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/21/16 01:34 PM

Spoke with my adjustor today and apperently the other driver never even filed a claim. Either way, she was deemed 100% at fault, so my deductable has been waved.

So what happens to the other driver in this case when they dont file a claim? Isnt that fraud or something on her part?

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
10/21/16 01:37 PM

Spoke with my adjustor today and apperently the other driver never even filed a claim. Either way, she was deemed 100% at fault, so my deductable has been waved.

So what happens to the other driver in this case when they dont file a claim? Isnt that fraud or something on her part?

how is it fraud? she filed the collision and didn't want to use insurance, that's just her MO. maybe she's very wealthy and just got a new car....

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/21/16 01:42 PM

I dunno, that why I asked.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
10/21/16 02:47 PM

yea nothing happens.

for example when i smashed the RSX, i only had one way insurance on it because it was worth nothing. i simply called up my insurance company and told them to cancel the insurance, i smashed it and i'm not claiming anything because well i wasn't covered anyway. the guy who i hit filed a claim on his end for his bumper ding.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
10/21/16 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
yea nothing happens.

for example when i smashed the RSX, i only had one way insurance on it because it was worth nothing. i simply called up my insurance company and told them to cancel the insurance, i smashed it and i'm not claiming anything because well i wasn't covered anyway. the guy who i hit filed a claim on his end for his bumper ding.

Baller up in here

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
10/21/16 03:37 PM

lol i made more money parting it out. insurance would have only paid me $800 for the smashed car. instead i towed it to pro spec, he bought the motor and trans for $250, i sold all the type arRRRr lips for $400, the DC5R wheels and tires and spacers for $1100, spoiler for $200, seats for $250 and kept the sound system. then i sold the broken shell for $250, so walked away with about $2500.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
10/21/16 04:31 PM

I thought even if you dont plan on making a claim, you still have to notify them.