Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/16 02:09 PM
Attention CSI Elitists!!!

4K OLED or 4K HDR? Needs to be 65" minimum. Go!!!

4age
(Post Master Sr)
06/26/16 04:37 PM
Re: Attention CSI Elitists!!!

Oculus rift

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/16 08:10 PM

Pfft, 65"

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/16 08:52 PM

Not into projectors.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/16 09:35 PM

I need the same lol, but in 43-50". From my research thus far sony and sammy are my solid options (lots of the shit is shared these days anyways).

If you're gonna go OLED (4k or not) then LG is your only real option.

I'm leaning towards 4K non-hdr since i aint that ballin', but if i can pop an hdr why not. honestly it won't be a make/break decision just on that.

The new M-series (i think?) Vizio won't be in until August i hear...waiting to see what it can do bang-for-the-buck (they always score high).

Don't care for 3D and if it's a "smart" tv then sure but no biggie.

Flat or curved you want? I'm thinking flat still.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/16 10:57 PM

Yup LG is the only option for OLED and it's curved, which is sexy. I'm just worried about OLED longevity since they do have some issues like burn-in... Blue is the weakest colour on OLED and when a pixel dies it's usally that colour from what I've read. LCD has been around forever now and Sony's 4K HDR 70" is flat and quite a bit cheaper compared to the LG.

That said, if LG's OLED was the same price as Sony I wouldn't even need to think twice about the OLED lol

xza8
(Sr Member)
06/27/16 11:11 AM

I like my 65" Samsung 9000 series (4k curve) a lot

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Yup LG is the only option for OLED and it's curved, which is sexy. I'm just worried about OLED longevity since they do have some issues like burn-in... Blue is the weakest colour on OLED and when a pixel dies it's usally that colour from what I've read. LCD has been around forever now and Sony's 4K HDR 70" is flat and quite a bit cheaper compared to the LG.

That said, if LG's OLED was the same price as Sony I wouldn't even need to think twice about the OLED lol

Yup pretty much.

Use http://ca.rtings.com/ - i find this site to be pretty sweet for helping to decide. good to narrow down model#'s to fit your needs. but holy crap after 10mins i get a headache, esp from Samsung as they have a fuck-ton of model#'s lol...sometimes with such little difference.

also ensure the model# you want is available in Canada. many tv's for 2016 i found from another site were EU only and not coming to North America ftl.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-resolution/4k-ultra-hd-uhd/best

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 03:44 PM

How often do you guys change TVs, these things last over 10 years.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 06:11 PM

^longer if you change the main board yourself lol

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 08:03 PM

main floor TV is a 42" Panasonic plasma from 2008, PSU already went once.

Basement TV is a 50" Panasonic plasma from 2012

Reason I can't afford to turn my AC on

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
06/27/16 08:06 PM

I have a 42" Panny plasma from 2005 and a 46" Sony LCD from 2007. Both are still working great.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

Unless the kid smashes it? \:D

Still happy w/ my "crappy" 42" LG from almost 10 years ago. Will upsize when my boy does something stupid and smashes it. It's probably only a matter of time.

xza8
(Sr Member)
06/27/16 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

How often do you change computers, phones, cars, houses

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/16 10:10 PM

computers, I build one every 4 years, phones 3-4 years, cars.. 5-6 years.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/03/16 09:13 PM

prob gonna go with 4k sony x800D (2016 model). if i can afford the x850D i will do that. 900 series to ballin' for me.

otherwise it's sammy KU7000 or JU7100 or 7500 or whatever the hell model#'s 4k compete for say $1500 range for around 48-50"

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/03/16 10:24 PM

Look at this CENTRAL r hill baller WOWOWOWOW

Where do i line up to touch your garments?

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/04/16 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Look at this CENTRAL r hill baller WOWOWOWOW

Where do i line up to touch your garments?

Lol cuck
#lavish

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/04/16 04:07 PM

TV's in the states are mad cheap too. saw a 4K smart 65" there for $1100. I was about to risky it and strap it to the roof and drive back to Canada.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/07/16 08:37 AM

Picked up a x900 series bravia cheap as the guy had a couple 2015's he wanted to get rid of! pretty much paid in the range of the 2016 800-series. thinnest tv/frame evAr.

love it. 4k HDR (no hdr shit to play yet lol) but seeing 4k and upscaled blu-ray on this thing is epic. even regular blu-ray is excellent. not as dark blacks as my old plasma but resolution is just amazing.

hator let me know if you want the contact. it's update tv/stereo, they have a few locations around but will send you to the owner (elgin mills/leslie location).

it runs Android OS so got KODI installed just like that. tons of free shit. /everybrownpersoneverywhere