Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 06:16 PM
Who has done interlock?

I am very close to finishing my garage extension and need an interlock installer.

I have about 1k square feet to be put down I've already pulled up the driveways and dug out the walkways, need prep, level, install.

Got a few quotes so far ranging from 4 sq ft as the cheapest but he doesn't seem interested (hard to get a hold of etc which is pissing me off). Another quote in same range was a fire fighter crew that does it on side - saw them doing a local driveway and asked to quote. Don't like the fact that these guys are part timers.

That leaves guy 3 who is my fav, very thorough knows his shit, he has done all the nicest homes in my area is highly recommended etc etc so he is 5k all in so a grand more.

What have you paid, are you happy?

Looking to seal the deal with someone, most likely 5k guy but want to make sure I exhaust all options. He also provides 3 year warranty, excellent rating on homestars.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 06:17 PM
Re: Who has done interlock?

What started as a 10k project is turning into 20 with most of the labor done by me \:\| so yea not having to drop that extra grand would be cool but not at the cost of quality.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 06:42 PM

I'll ask around to a few of my buddies that work in the city.(trades)

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 07:01 PM

This is a very good friend of mine. Unsure if he would do it due to location and he gets booked solid but is probably worth a call. Tell him you know me.

Guy's name is Tom

http://www.dricon.ca

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 08:12 PM

Thanks, texted him will see what he says. Doubt he will come out this way tho.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
05/03/16 08:19 PM

CSI meet at Risky's place. We'd get it done in a day and still have time to debate how cops hate wayne.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
05/03/16 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
This is a very good friend of mine. Unsure if he would do it due to location and he gets booked solid but is probably worth a call. Tell him you know me.
Guy's name is Tom

volleyball st martin's tom? green hatch tom? didnt know he did this. shit. i just commited to a project at my house (not sure if he would go east to ajax anyway)

4age
(Post Master Sr)
05/03/16 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Three
CSI meet at Risky's place. We'd get it done in a day and still have time to debate how cops hate wayne.

Lolololololololol

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
05/03/16 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
Guy's name is Tom

volleyball st martin's tom? green hatch tom? didnt know he did this. shit. i just commited to a project at my house (not sure if he would go east to ajax anyway)

Yes sir. He used to be in business operations and finance and started this a few years ago and is doing well.

I had the toothpaste green hatch during high school Tom had the weird brown/ copper hatch with type r wheels.

xza8
(Sr Member)
05/03/16 11:01 PM

FIL does it but he's quite expensive at $10-12/sq.ft. and he's booked until late summer. The pavers were $4.39 a sq.ft. (w/ trade discount) + limestone + sand + labour (estimate double of materials), the $5/sq.ft. quote seems low.

Sample work:

Why dont you take a stab at it. You would just need to rent a tamper and a saw.

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard. The hardest/dirtiest part would be cutting the stones. Leveling sounds hard but if you use your old driveway as a guideline there is not much to it. Use OAKS pavers as it's a good medium price point between Best Way (sucks, they break easily) and Permacon. They should finish off with Permacon polymeric sand but no big deal if they don't as you can do that yourself easily.

Neighbours used EPL and GVS.

If you swing by my area you can see their work. Those with a wall like the above are by GVS and those with lights built into the steps are by EPL. If my FIL didn't do my driveway I would choose GVS for price and EPL for full-service landscaping (e.g. irrigation, shed, etc...). Without getting quotes from either, I can tell GVS is cheaper as they use cheaper (not necessarily cheap) materials.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
05/04/16 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: xza8

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
05/04/16 06:24 AM

FIL does it but he's quite expensive at $10-12/sq.ft. and he's booked until late summer. The pavers were $4.39 a sq.ft. (w/ trade discount) + limestone + sand + labour (estimate double of materials), the $5/sq.ft. quote seems low.

Sample work:

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard. The hardest/dirtiest part would be cutting the stones. Leveling sounds hard but if you use your old driveway as a guideline there is not much to it. Use OAKS pavers as it's a good medium price point between Best Way (sucks, they break easily) and Permacon. They should finish off with Permacon polymeric sand but no big deal if they don't as you can do that yourself easily.

If you swing by my area you can see their work. Those with a wall like the above are by GVS and those with lights built into the steps are by EPL. If my FIL didn't do my driveway I would choose GVS for price and EPL for full-service landscaping (e.g. irrigation, shed, etc...). Without getting quotes from either, I can tell GVS is cheaper as they use cheaper (not necessarily cheap) materials.

I am using pretty much the best pavers you can get, unilock richcliff with copthorn border. I am getting quoted lower because I've already pulled up and dug out everything and hauled all garbage away, I've purchased and will have the interlock delivered. I need a crew for 2-3 days to do this, so it's a really good cash job for the right person and not a complete week long project....hence getting lower quotes.

I've done interlock before it's not hard but the scope o this job is way too big for me, if it takes a crew of 3-4 guys 3 days full time then it would be the whole summer for me.

Ask FIL if he wants a cash job, it's close for him and only a couple of days. He can come quote or I can send pix.

xza8
(Sr Member)
05/04/16 09:07 AM

Email me pics and dimensions and I'll get you a quick estimate. He's booked up to summer though and he's on the pricier side but all his work is word of mouth/past clients (no advertising) so hopefully that means something.

Unilock is good stuff, most Chinaman, like me, prefer OAKS because its cheaper.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
05/04/16 02:59 PM

vas i can give you the contact for the company my cousin works for, he'd be the one actually doing the interlock if your interdasted.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
05/04/16 03:01 PM

Sample work:

i did a little piece at the end of my walkway and i wanted to shoot a motherfucker. screw doing interlock.