Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/16 06:51 AM
And the truth comes out about the ORP

Yup,

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-commen...-infrastructure

Quote:
A line buried in a recent budget perhaps holds a clue. By “encouraging more Ontarians to save through a proposed new Ontario Retirement Pension Plan,” it reads, “new pools of capital would be available for Ontario-based projects such as building roads, bridges and new transit.” It’s not about “helping” retirees: it’s about financing the premier’s infrastructure ambitions. How strange they do not make this point clearer.

So basically, horseface will use this money for her infrastructure projects

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/16 07:47 AM
Re: And the truth comes out about the ORP

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
02/02/16 08:20 AM

So... it's a "bait and switch". It's just another tax.

By the time I can withdraw, she'll have spent it all on building roads.

Isn't that illegal?

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/16 08:28 AM

Best part, private sector workers not only get to fund the liberal voting gov't workers gold plated pensions, they will also get to fund the roads they drive on

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
02/02/16 08:55 AM

Well, here's the problem: If horseface says we need the ORP because Ontarians aren't saving enough, that's fine. There's a lot of people out there that will spend their old age on social assistance. It'd be better if they had some money to help. Granted not everyone can afford it but that's part of the problem: I keep hearing people crying poor all the time while they're holding a brand new iPhone 6. WTF?

But I thought it was illegal to take moeny from a pension fund to spend on other government projects. I mean unless you convert these roads into pay roads, it's not an investment, it's just more spending. Our taxes are supposed to cover spending. This is why I think this whole provision in the ORP is just plain illegal.

I know most people out there are really dumb but this one is pretty easy to explain.

1 - Government takes money on your behalf to invest for your old age
2 - Government won't invest money but will instead spend on roads
3 - ?
4 - Failure!

^ Yeah, it's a play on the "profit meme" but the other way around.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/16 09:00 AM

http://www.morneaushepell.com/ca-en/insi...-infrastructure

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/16 11:31 AM

Makes me so sick.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)