Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/15 06:58 AM
About bloody time - cab fares

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/20...VVfjsP37r6qMHBF

Get in a cab, and as soon as you close the door, its $4.25. In NY, people use cabs almost like public transit. You can't afford to do that in Toronto.

Quote:
Toronto taxi fares are among the highest among North American peer cities, according to the Toronto Taxicab Industry Review final report.

Quote:
The taxi industry says the UberX service, which allows passengers to hire regular drivers using a smartphone app — usually at prices cheaper than a taxi — has caused a dramatic drop in fare revenue.

No kidding eh? People got tired of being ripped off?

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/15 10:02 AM
Re: About bloody time - cab fares

What's the fine if you get caught using Uber in Toronto (as a passenger that is)?

I have yet to try Uber

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/15 11:00 AM

that cunty councillor would have you believe that it's 20k, but i have yet to hear that happened to anyone.

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
09/09/15 11:06 AM

We need DISRUPTERS like Uber. It's the DISRUPTERS that show just how ridiculous existing systems are and how it can be done in a better way.

How do you know DISRUPTERS are working? When the established industry makes a heck of a lot of noise because their system is being disrupted.

We're not going to improve society as a whole if we keep trying to bring down the DISRUPTERS.

The real problem with cabbies isn't in the pricing they charge, it's the fees they have to pay for the licences, which they pass on to the customers. The whole cab licence system is a big fucking scam! Don't take it out on the cabbies! Take it out on the companies that control the licences. It's a real cash cow for them and they're abusing it!

If cabbies are going to compete, this whole licencing system is going to have to be rebuilt from scratch in a way to ensure that no company can monopolize the licences.

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/09/15 12:15 PM

Good.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
09/09/15 02:08 PM

Anybody know someone thats an Uber driver?
For some reason I want to do it for a bit. Somehow I feel like it might be "fun" at least in the short term.....No way would it ever replace my day job tho.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/15 02:15 PM

i did it for a bit, but i didn't care for it.

and when i was laid off, i didn't do it because of the grey area, i didn't want to get into a legal mess

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/15 02:39 PM

good. fuck those scamming assholes.