Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 10:59 AM
Am I being unreasonable here? re: car salesman

So I'm at the dealership doing an oil change, they happen to have the model of car I am interested in so might as well kill two birds as it were. Im looking specifically at a 2015 genesis r-spec but it's in the show room so the guy shows me a premium instead. They are pretty much the same thing with differences in stiffer suspension, brembo and larger wheels in th r-spec and navigation, sunroof, hid in the other.

I test drive the premium but ask if the had another r-spec on the lot to see if I still prefer that one. He says yes but it is brand new and a few cars deep but says I can look at the one in the show 4oom. So I now I have to push the guy in letting me drive the model I am interested in vs another model. Took a lot of back and forth but they finally moved the cars to get at it for me.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to drive a specific model regardless of how similar on paper it may be...or maybe it's just me.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 11:07 AM
Re: Am I being unreasonable here? re: car salesman

I don't see an issue

xza8
(Sr Member)
08/31/15 11:13 AM

depends on the dealer, supply and demand

in markham, amgs/m/rs fly off the showroom so you'll have a hard time going for a test drive

outside, the dealer i went to pulled the car out of the showroom and left us alone with the ML63

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
08/31/15 11:46 AM

customer's always right. :P

i understand from the salesman stand point, maybe it's extra work, maybe you're a tire kicker, but if he's willing to let a potential sale walk, then sure, refuse to do the job.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 11:48 AM

He looked at your shoes and decided you couldn't afford the car (happens more than you think).

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 12:00 PM

seems fine to me, you're buying and if serious they should accommodate as such. if they guy truly wants/needs the sale he'll do it.

as for "in markham, amgs/m/rs fly off the showroom so you'll have a hard time going for a test drive" - because azns lol

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 02:54 PM

not at all. they were only giving me the V6's to test drive but i specifically asked to drive the 4 banger to see how the 8 speed was. i said let me know when you have one and i'll come back and all of a sudden one was there.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 02:55 PM

if you're genuinely interested in buying the car....

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 03:41 PM

If i was the sales person.. i'd just say its a sold unit.. lol f'n tire kickers.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 03:45 PM

Nothing wrong with demanding to test drive the you really want to test out before purchasing.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
not at all. they were only giving me the V6's to test drive but i specifically asked to drive the 4 banger to see how the 8 speed was. i said let me know when you have one and i'll come back and all of a sudden one was there.

Probably because they couldn't believe that anyone would want the poverty 4banger?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 04:23 PM

i just wanted to test drive the peasant package.