porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
03/14/15 11:58 AM
Things are becoming so cheap

Cheap as lowering its product standard.
Do you know of any?

I was looking at a 10" Mitre Saw yesterday at Crappy Tire. 55% off sale this week.
They had both old box and the new box. Upon close inspection, the new one had wire extended arms instead of studier plastic arms with aluminum top finish. 40 teeth saw blade instead of 48 teeth etc.
The old box was about 1.5x bigger than the new one for some reason.

Actually they raised the price by $50 compare to last month. Not it's $200 discounted from $450
http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/home-im...-179-99-55-off/

Simple Human Dishrack
-They replaced the whole thing under warranty.
The old one had more functions and bigger drip tray etc, the new one had cheap seals around corners, and the wire frame no longer has movable parts like seen in picture.

Old GI Joe toys were bricks compare to new cheap plastic Walmart Joes...

I don't know if they are making more profits, or making cheaper stuff instead of raising the price. But I'd rather have stuff that lasts longer or work better than paying less for low quality products.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
03/14/15 12:10 PM
Re: Things are becoming so cheap

It's all market driven, in the simplest of terms people are more prone to buy cheaper shit that lasts less that they have to replace more often (because idiots). Quality built items don't get the sales needed to provide enough inventory turns to be profitable, the manufacturers have to react and drop quality in order to meet a certain price point where they can still remain relevant and be in business. Start cutting corners, lower quality, sell more, race to the bottom baby.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/14/15 12:31 PM

Walmart world . Nobody wants to pay

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
03/14/15 12:41 PM

people love kijiji for a reason