loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
12/14/14 10:43 AM
Anyone run a Windows 8 tablet?

If so how do you like it?

Looking for an iPad for the wifey and after searching I am intrigued about the windows 8 tablets. They are cheap, usually come with lots of features and run an OS that is capable of allowing almost anything plugged into it to work properly.

That being said the app selection is limited for now, but since its windows I can run anything on my normnal windows machine on it too.

So...anyone use these tablets and can comment on how you like them?

4age
(Post Master Sr)
12/15/14 11:44 AM
Re: Anyone run a Windows 8 tablet?

if you care about app integration, it's awesome.
i'm a wp phone 8 user and they have come a long way. the standards for development that ms puts on apps makes everything super stable. there is a set limitation for how much physical memory any app can use at 1 time, for instance.

however, if you care about games, there arent too many cross overs from android/ios. but if what you are really after is a solid user experience + stable platform, this is the ticket. esp given the price these days. i'd say go for it.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/14 12:38 PM

make sure your fav apps are available for it...
seems some of the banking apps arent available on wp.

Balhar
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/14 01:24 PM

i've got a dell venue 8 pro and it's great

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/14 03:13 PM

Thanks. Not concerned too much for games as my wife could take it to school and back and since she has w8 at home i think she would get the hang of it Just fine

4age
(Post Master Sr)
12/15/14 03:54 PM

oh good. then whatever she has on w8 today will just be re-downloaded on the tablet too via the account integration. it'll be an extention of the desktop.

doo it.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/14 05:59 PM

I has surface pro 3. Love it! /useless post

Balhar
(Post Master Supreme)
12/16/14 11:54 AM

then it's perfect.
the dell was on sale for $179 recently, probably will be again.
32gb version. only shitty thing is that you can't install programs onto the external storage, so 32 is all you get for installing shit.

however, ours is used primarily for internet browsing, netflix and streaming from my media server. perfect device for that.