Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/01/14 09:09 PM
Jacob's Steakhouse

CSI baller status confirmed, just got back from this place...fantastic.

http://jacobssteakhouse.com/

Granted I failed as I did not purchase any of the JDM steaks, you'll see why though - dat $$$ doe

Excellent choice of cuts though, love the small salts they give you to try the meat with, unf.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/01/14 09:47 PM
Re: Jacob's Steakhouse

Small salts? Are you talking about salts like fleur de sel to help enhance the flavor?

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
11/01/14 10:54 PM

Dat jdm shit ain't real

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 12:54 AM

$12 for side mashed potatoes.
These steak places are racking up money.

spd-dmn
(Post Master)
11/02/14 07:19 AM

yeah actual kobe/wagyu is notoriously difficult to get, and impossible to verify

99% of the kobe you see on menus is a mix between angus and wagyu

its still amazing, but its not properly represented

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 08:00 AM

did you get the table side caesar?

are you enjoying your day after muffin?

what was the occasion?

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 08:16 AM

I hear good things about that place I want to go.

My friends uncle owns the building that it's in.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
I hear good things about that place I want to go.

My friends uncle owns the building that it's in.

So does that mean you can hook us up? or is this like a choco post where it goes off on a tangent lol?

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 09:19 AM

He could probably hook me up if I go with him but I don't care if I get a hook up or not. It's related to the post however as someone mentioned it was good and I wanted to go.

his uncle doesn't own the restaurant he owns the building in which they pay him to be there.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 10:25 AM

hmmmm steak.

what did you order and more importantly, what did you have to drink?

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/14 11:58 AM

Cool. I'm looking forward to coming back to Toronto. There's a ton of new stuff I need to check out - a bunch of new pubs on Danforth as well.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: spnx
Cool. I'm looking forward to coming back to Toronto. There's a ton of new stuff I need to check out - a bunch of new pubs on Danforth as well.

Check out the forth and I'm checking it out next weekend

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/14 02:08 PM

Holy shit. A5 wagu in Japan is like 1/4 of the price.
That is cray. Would rather fly to japan and eat it there for that kind of money XD XD

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/14 07:06 PM

That is silly. I didn't bother checking that section of the menu initially.

I'm even looking forward to going to the Bier Markt at Don Mills. It's near my mother's place - easy to get to without going downtown. I'm not sure what part it's in yet.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 07:10 PM

bier markt kinda sucks at shops, just go to joeys if you want eye candy and want to stick to the area. The whole plaza isn't anything special imo, i spend too much time there than i care to admit \:\|

Go downtown if you want to check the latest and greatest, danforth is still danforth, nothing overly exciting to see. Maybe it's because i grew up in the area and i know most of the places + owners, but i'd venture off into DT. Would be a shame to come to Toronto and go to bier markt at shops, lol.

What date are you here, having a small csi gathering soon anyway...

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: c_snapper
did you get the table side caesar?

are you enjoying your day after muffin?

what was the occasion?

lol yeah muffin is pretty good, heavy doe.
no caesar
wifey and i - 3yr wedding anniv.

hator - those salts, yeah like 3 tiny ones but holy crap they are strong. 2 from England and a black one from Hawaii. i must buy them lol, i forget the name of the UK ones though.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/14 08:00 AM

That's some GC Asian shit right thurr.... I have yet to be baller enough to attend such non-peasant locales... \:\(

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/14 08:02 AM

Mere faux-baller peasants can do it via Loblaws ... Though here's an odd-ball article... (Reading thru it now)

http://rosalita55.blogspot.ca/2014/07/wagyu-beef-at-loblaws-best-meat-you.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/high-priced-wagyu-steak-makes-debut-at-grocery-chain-1.2711374

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
bier markt kinda sucks at shops, just go to joeys if you want eye candy and want to stick to the area. The whole plaza isn't anything special imo, i spend too much time there than i care to admit \:\|

Go downtown if you want to check the latest and greatest, danforth is still danforth, nothing overly exciting to see. Maybe it's because i grew up in the area and i know most of the places + owners, but i'd venture off into DT. Would be a shame to come to Toronto and go to bier markt at shops, lol.

What date are you here, having a small csi gathering soon anyway...

This is going to sound funny, but I'm just going to go there so I can grab a couple of beers with my mum - because it's close.

Christmas is way too busy with family. I did post in a thread in OT, and I will try and do this - if I can get temp plates for Ontario, I'll bring my V8 roadster from Burlington to Toronto and ship from Toronto, so I can drive it around town. If that works, I will bring it to a meet. It's a cool car, be fun to see in person.

</end thread derail>