civic13
(Post Master)
07/25/14 08:53 PM
Montreal chick eats raw bird on subway (update)

Ummm...cuckoo?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/woman-plucks-and-eats-raw-bird-on-montreal-metro-1.2717546

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/25/14 09:14 PM
Re: Montreal chick eats raw bird on subway

i wonder if it already had 11 herbs and spices

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/25/14 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i wonder if it already had 11 herbs and spices

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/14 12:23 PM

it's Quebec so it's probably some stupid performance art thing. i couldn't really see anything in the video anyway.

civic13
(Post Master)
07/28/14 05:17 PM

Update...the chick is/was from Nunavik.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/c...metro-1.2719136

A woman who was filmed plucking a bird on a Montreal Metro car is being identified as Christina David, a former resident of Nunavik who now lives in Montreal.

Nunatsiaq News, a newspaper based in Iqaluit, Nunavut, first reported on a Facebook post in which David takes credit for the act.

A woman was filmed plucking a bird in a plastic bag by a fellow passenger, who posted the video to YouTube.

On mobile? Watch the YouTube video here
The video soon went viral and sparked an investigation by the Montreal police department’s transit division.

On Saturday afternoon, David told CBC News she didn't mean to offend anyone.

"I didn't know that it was going to affect any other people like that because in my culture it's completely normal," she said in a phone interview.

In the Facebook post, David expresses surprise at the media coverage and the video’s popularity.

“I'm famous … I can't believe it went this far,” she wrote.

In the comment thread under the post, David says she was so excited by the prospect of a traditional meal that she didn’t give much thought to her surroundings.

“It's not like we get to eat our country food everyday. I was so happy that I didn't care where I was at the moment but all I have to say is that I ain't crazy,” she wrote.

David said reports that she was eating the bird raw were false.

“People in the world are making rumours,” she wrote.

David said she was on her way home to cook a goose her aunt brought from their village in Northern Quebec and used the subway ride home to get a head start on preparing the meal.

"I couldn't wait. I only had one this year it's not like we get to eat our country food everyday it's very very rare that we can eat like we usually do up North," she said.

On Facebook she commented:

“But I didn't care. I was just ... enjoying [it] and on top of it I couldn't wait to go home so I can put it on the big pan with onions and mushrooms."

'A real Inuk for ever'

Comments from her friends also saw humour in the situation and expressed pride in David’s carefree embrace of her Inuk culture.

“I'm glad that you are so Inuk and I love you so much,” said one friend.

“Real true Inuk,” said another.

As to the police looking for her, David said she had been to court on Thursday but did not say if she was facing a fine.

In the end, David stood by her actions.

“I will never ever forget anything. I will always be a real Inuk for ever 'til I'm gone,” she wrote.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
07/28/14 07:53 PM

she's true to her roots. thats cool.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/28/14 08:07 PM

wicked. i'm going to start to clap some roti on the bus.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/28/14 08:42 PM

she one crazy ass inukkah